This page is a listing of the minimum requirements for specific Rebel Legion costumes. Although this list is extensive, it is meant to cover the more common costumes and is not meant to be a complete list of all possible costumes that may be admitted by the Rebel Legion. If your costume is not listed here, you should consult the Legion Membership Officer (LMO) to see if it will be admissable. Changes or additions to this list may be submitted here. For easier reference, the master list has been broken down by character.NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)
Mara Jade Costume Standards
Mara Jade (Black Jumpsuit)
- Black one piece form-fitting jumpsuit made from a medium-sheen material.
- Stretch material should be used to allow freedom of movement.
- The jumpsuit is sleeveless, and shoulder straps must be at least one and a half inches wide.
- The neckline is round and should not go below the collarbone.
- No collar
- From 6 to 10 horizontal panels run down the legs from the front of each thigh to the inner leg seam, extending from the hips to knees.
- Two rows of piping run from each shoulder down the front of the jumpsuit, bordering the thigh panels down to the knees.
- The zipper must be on the back.
- There should be no fasteners, openings, or decorations on the front.
- Black, laceless knee high leather boots with a conservative heel.
- Undecorated brown leather belt with floating strap which drapes down on the right side.
- The floating strap must be attached to the main belt under the front buckle and at the center back.
- The plain silver buckle is rectangular, and may have rounded edges.
- The buckle's clasp must be hidden on the back side of the buckle.
- BlasTech DL-44
- BlasTech DL-18
- BlasTech E-11 Rifle
- A square-nosed pistol
- The straps for the shoulder harness should be brown leather cut approximately 1 inch wide.
- The shoulder straps should be attached to a round silver connector located at the center back.
- Silver metal clasps are located on the front of the straps, just above the armpits.
- Black shin and knee guards should be made of plastic or fiberglass.
- The knee guards are oval.
- The shin guards are rounded and should extend from knee to ankle with black padding underneath.
- The shin guards are worn over the boots and should be appropriately sized.
- The shin and knee guards may be custom sculpted, or appropriately sized sport or police style shin guards may be used.
You must have at least four of the following items to be accepted:
- Cape and Cape Clasp:[list=1]
- Tan or brown hoodless cape, reaching to mid-thigh or knee in length.
- Raw silk fabric is preferred.
- The clasp is two silver triangles with patterned centers, connected together at their bases.
- Long black motorcycle style gloves are worn without a cape or cowl.
- Tan or off-white wrist length gloves are worn with the off-white cowl.
- Black wrist length gloves are worn with the black cowl or the cape.
- Black fabric wrist wraps worn in place of gloves.
- Wraps must have finished edges, and should extend from the wrist to just below the elbows.
- Wraps may be used to "hide" a small holdout weapon on the right forearm.
- Brown or black aviator or motorcycle style goggles with dark lenses; or round goggles with dark or amber lenses.
- Goggles may be worn wrapped around the top of the head, over the eyes, or draped around the neck.
- The cowl can be made from off-white, tan, or black fabric.
- The cowl is a piece of fabric sewn into a tube shape that can be worn draped over the shoulders or pulled up to cover the hair. It is not a tied scarf.
- If the cowl is worn over the hair, goggles should be worn wrapped around the top of the head to hold the cowl in place.
These items are optional, but they can really make the costume stand out.
- Green contacts if eyes are not naturally green.
- Two lengths of piping that run down the back of the jumpsuit to each side of the center line, from the shoulders to the lower legs.
- A long diamond shaped piece of fabric sewn on the front of the jumpsuit, connecting the thigh panels and the stomach of the jumpsuit. Must be made of the same fabric as the jumpsuit.
Credit: Pam Simpson
Mara Jade (Green Dress)
- Green dress with long sleeves, V or scoop neck, and ends above the knees and green leggings OR Green dress with long sleeves, scoop neck, mid-calf to ankle length, with wrap around overskirt.
- Black or brown boots, at least mid-calf height
- Black or brown belt with silver buckle
- Brown shoulder bag
- Shoulder armor: either black and silver (metallic) or brown and black (eg. leather or foam). Two rectangular insets in each. Each side is shaped different than other.
- Brooch: Circular and silver, 2-3" in diameter
- Luke Skywalker (ANH or ESB) hero lightsaber hilt
- Long, braided, NATURAL color hair.
You must have at least one of the following items to be accepted:
- Red or Red/Gold hair (either natural or a wig)
- Wraps for both boots; going from the foot up to top of boot.
Star Wars Encyclopedia: Pg 174
Revised by LMO on 30 November, 2010.