This page is a listing of the minimum requirements for specific Rebel Legion costumes. Although this list is extensive, it is meant to cover the more common costumes and is not meant to be a complete list of all possible costumes that may be admitted by the Rebel Legion. If your costume is not listed here, you should consult the Legion Membership Officer (LMO) to see if it will be admissable. Changes or additions to this list may be submitted here. For easier reference, the master list has been broken down by character.NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)
Kyle Katarn (Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II)
- Light gray crew-neck undershirt
- Long sleeved collarless off-white or beige pullover shirt with narrow "V" or "U" cut at the neck and black panels under arms
- Light to medium brown suede/suede-type shoulder pad on right shoulder
- Medium to dark brown leather or vinyl forearm bracers
- Black pants
- Brown wide utility belt with narrower over-belt and double buckles
- Brown or black hi-boots, or low-boots with black leg spats
- EITHER a pistol blaster in cross-draw holster, OR a green or yellow lightsaber
- Kyle Katarn/Rahn Lightsaber Tutorial
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dark+Forces+II&search=Search]Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II cut scenes[/url]
- Koda Vonnor's Photobucket
Credit: Koda Vonnor (Bill Costigan)
Jaina Solo, New Republic Jedi (New Essential Guide to Characters)
- A tan tunic reaching mid-thigh with wrist-length sleeves; crosses close in front
- A tabard of similar or same coloration as the tunic; may be directly attached to the tunic or a separate piece, but wraps behind the neck rather than continuing across the shoulders and down the back (as per traditional Old Republic Jedi)
- A neck scarf noticeably darker in color than the tunic
- An obi-like sash of contrasting tans, with at least one (preferably both) fabric noticeably darker than the tunic; sash must cross over at an angle in the middle, with all visible edges of the sash lined with a lighter fabric
- A brown belt embedded with a narrower, darker belt; narrower belt must protrude from at least three spots within the wider belt
- At least two silver-colored buckles attached to the front and right side of the narrower belt; squarish and/or rectangular in shape
- Tan pants, lighter in color than the tunic
- Brown or tan knee-high, riding-type boots with little or no heel
- Gauntlets protruding from the sleeves and reaching the knuckles; preferably darker in color than the tunic
- A row (single or double) of braids starting from behind one ear and ending behind the other; hair, naturally colored, is pulled straight back (no bangs)
- Brown contacts and wig, if eyes and hair are not naturally brown
- Purple-bladed lightsaber; hilt may be based off any official reference image (Mace Windu Master Replica lightsaber also acceptable)
Side note: as I've never contributed to a Costume Standard before, I'm not sure how to organize this list. I would say that the "Optional Items" would be necessary to make this costume "Formal", but I'm not sure if this character is significant enough to make the division between Formal and Informal.
Side note #2: As there are several conflicting reference images of this costume, I tried my best to make the list in such a way that it encompasses all of the different reference images, and allow for differences in costumes to be accounted for.
Credit: Jaina Solo (Shea Standefer)
Corran Horn, Jedi Knight
- Light green or coordinating beige inner tunic, visible around neck and bunched on the forearms. Alternately it could be a false inner tunic around the neck and the forearms could have wraps of the same material that are bunched/wrinkled over the top of the outer tunic from wrist to the elbow.
- Green outer tunic that ends at elbow and hangs below belt to mid thigh.
- Dark green tabards that join at the collarbone. It is attached to the back portion, like a vest, under the arms and the edges have a welt seam.
- Brown leather belt with gold/brass buckle, with four similarly colored studs— two on either side of buckle. The inner set is positioned in upper third of belt, outer set to lower third of belt.
- Obi matching tabards in color, under belt.
- Dark green/black pants that tuck into boots.
- Brown/black leather, leather-like boots at least calf height. (No rubber boots)
- Lightsaber (no toys)
- Goatee, either real hair or high quality costuming facial hair. Ideally, hair should be a brownish-red.
- Dark Green, sleeved, cloak.
- Hair pulled back and worn in a knot top.
- A neatly trimmed Full Beard in addition to the goatee.
- Boots have two leather strips, each at top part of boot joined with a single vertical loop.
- The New Essential Guide to Characters pp 78-79
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force pp 47, 98 Mara’s Funeral and building his saber
- Japanese Book Cover The Final Prophecy
- The Essential Atlas
- Databank – Corran Horn
Written by RL member ionicdesign.