Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b86a0ba7faba52c4c0ece8c131613df7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Back to Amelia's profile       
Viewing costume :: Jyn Erso
Costume

Character Profile

Jyn Erso
Member:  Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Blue Ridge Base
Character Name:  Jyn Erso
Costume Type:  Fringe
Formal/Canon
Species:  Human
Smuggles:
Home World:
Vallt

Character/Costume Description

I read the thread about applications, and I understand you want to know about the costume components in this box. Pants are a black stretch cotton. I modified the Butterick 6327 pattern as a base and modified to add a larger waistband with a tab, seams on front and backs of the legs, and the pintucks/casings/straps. I also narrowed the leg more than on the pattern to better match Jyn's pants. The vest is made from the RPF pattern and is a cotton twill (both brown and red) with webbing, tubing, a snap, and a screen accurate hook that I got from a pair of suspenders I ordered from Europe. Boots are the Frye Jenna boots. I forget who made the boot flap pattern, but I used a pre-existing pattern to create the flaps themselves and identify where the stitching went.

After I changed and went to upload, I noticed my pants twisted in the back view picture. I've uploaded a separate shot of the back of the pants so you can see the casing does go to the proper seam. (I also just realized my baste stitches are still there; I'm removing those). Sorry about that!

(If I misunderstood and you want me to give you a history of Jyn Erso, let me know and I'll be happy to do so).

EDIT - Costume Update

Jacket made from cotton twill. Scarf fabric unknown gray with brown and purple undertones.

Update was approved by Judge Jeniwan on 12.12.17.

Pictures on other sites
 At Least 8 Pintucks

Back of legs

Back View

Blaster

BOOTS DETAILS

Extra Copy of Uploaded Application Image

Front View

jacket and scarf back

jacket other side

jacket side

Leg Strap 3 snaps and loop

more costume

PANTS DETAILS

Side View (left)

side view (right)

side view not blocking holster

Tab on pants

Top stitch facings, tubing, and red

vest (tubing dangles behind flap)

The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.