Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ef0eaf13a875988cee55f9ab103dfc4cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Viewing costume :: Padme Amidala
Costume

Character Profile

Padme Amidala
Queen
Member:  fairyprincess
Rebel Legion Reserve
Tatooine Base
Character Name:  Padme Amidala
Costume Type:  Old Republic Royalty/Senatorial
Formal/Canon
Species:  Human
Political Position:
Queen
Home Planet:
Naboo

Character/Costume Description

The Parade gown Amidala wore to Celebrate the liberation of Naboo was re-created used nearly 80 meters of fabric.

The dress was made from a cream Duchess satin with no visable seems on the front. The front tie was hand painted in yellow and rose pink and outlined in silver glitter paint.

The cape was made with a base of a shell pink satin lined with white cotton with a tulle ruffle sandwiched in between the two layers. To create the petals I amde four different sized templates. All the petals are two layers individualy hand dyed with pink and yellow dye. In the original the edges were left raw but I would really like this piece to last so I rolled hemed all the edges before dying them. For the material of the petals, I used a mixture of organza and chiffon to create the soft look of the cape.

The parasol was created unsing various types of wire for the frame. It was covered in two layers of the pink dyed chiffon with ivory organza sandwiched between to give a a little sheen to the parasol. The spoke ends are beads and the swirl design was free hand in the remaining silver glitter paint. It is held on by straps that are hidden by the cape.

After several failed attempts at the headdress, I was given a lattice work piece of jewellery to wear on the forhead.

Pictures on other sites
 Dress and tie front

Looking Down

Looking to Ani

One more for fun!

Parade dress back

Side

Side with globe

The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.