Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f7f939d7ebbc29a01c1ac1dabf279651Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jawa WIP - So it begins...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Tuskens and Jawas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jayjan Thek (Jessie Lynch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made some progress on my bandoleers. I've been breaking in the one that was full sized, which has been an adventure. Sand paper, smacking it on the work bench, throwing it around the basement. I'm also breaking in new boots for a pilot build, so I was breaking those stompy-boots in while walking all over this one. Pretty sure I'm just going to start carrying it in a pillow case with a bunch of rocks to rough it up more and make it less stiff.

The 5 pocket bandoleer was decidedly too short, so, thanks to an adventure in leather working a few years ago, in which I forgot that belts were a thing that could be purchased, I had the tools and knowledge to create an extension of it.

That's the expansion, stained to match, and hooked into the existing buckle. The other end is going to get secured with pop rivets so it'll stay in place and look nice. And then the weathering begins on that one, which should bring the colors a bit more in line with each other.

Work has been stressful, so breaking these in has been a nice bit of stress relief in the evenings Razz
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - WIP
Twi'lek Jedi Librarian - Planning Stages
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am mostly done with the bandoleers, having added the extension, and gotten them oiled, weathered, and generally beat up a bit. There is still more work that can be done, and I imagine as time goes on they will weather some on their own. Pictures of those pending.

The last thing I am working on now is the mask. I'm still not quite thrilled with how everything is sitting, but I know a lot of my pictures are in super bright harsh lighting in my basement work area.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Evg4je]

I just threw on the mask and hood, without being able to properly adjust things to test. I still need to add a snap on the hood so that it'll stay put a bit nicer. And then finish up the mask. I think I'm making decent progress on the mask, though? It looks a lot better in person, and when I have the hood draped properly.

Fingers crossed... I should be able to get this completed and submitted very soon - possibly next week.
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - WIP
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! Long time no post, but my mom helped me with getting some good overall photos of the costume. I think I'm done, but there are a few things I believe may need adjusting. I wanted to post and get feedback before I went and changed things up, or submitted my photos.

From the Front:

This feels like it might be a bit long, but I think that will be fixed if I blouse it up under the bandoleirs a little bit.

From the side:

From the back:

Note: This will almost certainly need to be adjusted before I take a photo of it. My mom was trying to get the sashes tied in the back, and misunderstood my (admittedly muffled by the mask) instructions for what to do with the sashes - which I think are supposed to tuck under the back of the hood, instead of crossed over it.

Boots up close:

Plotting Jawa:

Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - WIP
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - I realized that I had my hood on upside down and backwards in the photos I took, at least partially because I had sewn my straps on wrong.

Disassembled the hood, added some armature wire to the interior in order to keep it open a bit better, and stitched them back on correctly. Photos coming soon, in theory.
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - WIP
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. After a bit of fussing and fixing, I re-did my hood, and have submitted for approval! Fingers crossed!

Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - WIP
PDKit (Joy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - quite a difference in that hood!

Good luck.
Jedi - Prahl D’Willah Kasik
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional adjustments and more weathering has been done to the bandoliers, now with close ups!

[/url]
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - WIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Tuskens and Jawas All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: