Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c1906a605097f3ad9866492cff6e1a41Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP: TCW Lost Missions Scipio Padme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: WIP: TCW Lost Missions Scipio Padme Reply with quote

So I've become a little obsessed with all of Padme's animated costumes in CW, and have recently decided to do her tan/brown tunic from the Lost Missions season worn a few times during the banking clan episodes on Scipio.

Here is my imgur where I added tons of references I got from the show. I'll also add a couple photos here for easy reference for things I bring up.

https://bekahsoka.imgur.com/all/

Some things I've noticed is that her top is two separate pieces, one tan and one brown. The tan undershirt is the same as her Ep 2 Mustafar outfit with a similar collar, and a similar metal detail at the closure. The tunic itself is the brown, possibly similar suede fabric, but with a lot more detailing on the top half front and back, shown below.

The leggings look exactly the same, so that part is easy especially without the seams from the Mustafar outfit.

The arms look similar, but doesn't have the design at the top and instead has more metal detailing at the hands. I initially thought it was the Naboo crest just moved and gold, but from other shots I got it's definitely not because nothing is simple when animated haha

The belt going around her waist and shoulders looks the same, except two pieces of leather for the bottom half around the actual waist. Nothing complicated there luckily.

Another small detail I found was the side of the main tunic is open and overlaps around to the left side, but thats not hard just another difference from Mustafar.

Obviously the hair is way different, but thats a project for when I actually get moving with everything else. Looking at it I feel that I can use mostly my own hair, just a few extra extensions for volume.

OKAY SO THESE BOOTS
After I started taking screenshots, I found more detailing I immediately regretted finding lol. They seemed similar enough to Mustafar, plus the metal detail at the top outside, but I found a shot, brightened it, and found wonderful detailing at the bottom ankle! Luckily it looks like the boots can be made as spats now, which will make finding a pair that fits way easier!

Not sure why I keep liking the costumes with the least amount of references, but hey here we are!

In my short research for fabric for the top pieces, I found these that I'm going to get swatches of and see! Any opinions on what I've found or other fabrics?

Brown main tunic:
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0386341/shannon-cuddle-suede-cappuccino

Tan under tunic:
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0386344/shannon-cuddle-suede-beige?cm_vc=756b1813-cbc1-43b3-84bd-29889bf8fb7b
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a case of 'just get lots and lots of samples and let us see what will work together'. Wink

But from looking at the references it appears you are dealing with at least three different fabrics in addition to the pants.
The crop top.
The tunic/dress with buttons just under the crop top on the left side.
The collar (and sleeves?)
And to add to the fun the pattern/texture is different on all three. Razz

Have fun with this.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
I think this is a case of 'just get lots and lots of samples and let us see what will work together'. Wink

But from looking at the references it appears you are dealing with at least three different fabrics in addition to the pants.
The crop top.
The tunic/dress with buttons just under the crop top on the left side.
The collar (and sleeves?)
And to add to the fun the pattern/texture is different on all three. Razz

Have fun with this.

I ordered what I linked for now, I want to search in person as well and more online and I'll be sure to update what I find!

From studying her animated costumes and the choices animators seem to make, I'd assume that the brown tunic is supposed to be one piece, but differently designed on the top half and bottom. I could be wrong, but in far away shots you'd see it as a whole and not separate by design.

I do agree though that the undershirt and sleeves are supposed to be the same fabric, derived from the Mustafar costume.

My main question though, are these patterns in the brown tunic (whether its two fabrics or not) something I should look for in a fabric I buy, or somehow make myself? And if the later how so? Would it be just darker lines of stitching creating that pattern, or possible slightly darker fabric paint hand painted on?
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you'd be able to buy a fabric with the right pattern, so probably fabric paint will be your saviour.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay awesome! That makes it easier haha

I know a couple people who've hand painted costumes, so I'll message them and get advice on that!

I also just ordered like five more types of fabric swatches lmao #noshame
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited to see you do this!

If it helps, here's some more reference images I found: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=padme-amidala-clone-wars-tan-tunic

Can I add yours to the gallery as well?

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SongofAmazon wrote:
I'm really excited to see you do this!

If it helps, here's some more reference images I found: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=padme-amidala-clone-wars-tan-tunic

Can I add yours to the gallery as well?

Thank you!! And yes of course, I was hoping they'd help others so my insanity was of some use hahah
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a very similar fabric for her tunic that I have seen at JoAnn's. It's relatively cheap and a decent weight. Check the faux suede section and you'll see it. I initially thought it would be good for Mustafar Padme when I saw it as well.

In progress/planning: Bespin Escape Leia, Hoth Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I've majorly neglected this research/build due to moving across the country soon, BUT I finally found the samples I had ordered from the links I posted in my first post. I actually really love them together and think it's a perfect match for what is available in the same fabrics!

Here is inside lighting:

Outside/natural lighting:

Again I wont be able to really get started or buy too much for this yet, so I'd love opinions for now on the fabric above! Thanks Smile
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you've got there will work great. It looks closest to the screen colors indoor, but everything gets bleached out in sunlight.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SongofAmazon wrote:
I think what you've got there will work great. It looks closest to the screen colors indoor, but everything gets bleached out in sunlight.

That's what I thought! Thanks!

Finding similar colors to match the show in the same fabric was proving very difficult, so unless I find something better before I start I'll be going with this!
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! It will be an interesting build for sure; it always is when you are the first to do something. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: