Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5d29d2b9c65fb937ce45e8b3eb853576Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP Rey Scavenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddieSkywalker (Ivana Varinia Orozco Q)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: WIP Rey Scavenger Reply with quote

I'm new here and I'm working on my Rey Scavenger suit. Could you help me with your comments? I really appreciate it!

Adianu ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! I'm not a judge but a couple of things in my opinion:
- I think the wrap may be a bit long. It shouldn't be all the way down past your boot's top.
- The pants seem a bit gray to me, though admittedly that could be a lighting issue, and I know colors on this costume are so hard.
- I don't know if it impacts approval or not, but on the pants usually I see a visible band at the bottom that wraps/ties around just below the knee- does that make sense? I didn't see it here.
- Overall- weathering is needed. Arm wraps, wrap dress, bag, etc. could use some dirt.

It looks great though- keep us posted Smile
Loren ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a judge but you look adorable. The pouch MAY be a touch big. It's supposed to be one butt cheek sized, but honestly I'd submit what you have and get official feedback. If you're not already approvable you're super close! Super happy to see more Scavenger Sisters!
jeniwan (Jenna Hunt)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You look wonderful! Your costume is beautiful and I see you have all of the necessary details. The only change I would suggest is you need more weathering. Right now, your costume looks too clean. You need to make everything look older, used, and dirty like it is from a desert. I see this especially on your arm wraps: you should darken the edges so that they look dirty. Also add some weathering to your shirt, especially around the collar, under arms, and bottom hem. Adding a little to the bottom of your wrap dress will help too.

My favorite product for weathering is oil pastel crayons. You can also use brown/gray makeup like eyeshadow and brush it on. You can make a big pot of tea and dip your costume pieces into it to add some brownish color. There are lots of good suggestions for weathering techniques online.

I agree your bag looks a little bit big, especially the top. If you can make it about 3-5 cm smaller in each direction, that’s would help. The bag needs weathering too.

Overall, you look great and have finished all the difficult parts. Now you get to do the fun part of weathering, and you will be ready to submit. Good luck!
Great Lakes Base -- Rey (Resistance, Jakku, TLJ and Training) and Jyn Erso
gallica (laure)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ! You have done a fantastic job ! Smile I especially love your belt, it's gorgeous.

I agree with others on weathering. The shirt and arm wrap should be dirtier. I personnally sprayed acrylic black paint and sand textured (brand RUSTOLEUM, bisque desert) on half of the wrap. The other side is lighter. The trick is that when you'll roll it around your arm, the contrast will show much better (especially on pics).

Also, tabards lenght look ok to me, don't change it. But the pant color is a tad dark. It may pass, depending of the color it show on others lighting (outside for exemple). If you have some pics, please share it with us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: