Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d0bd63e804a81f1192e206ebe3337340Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

LI, Cradle Con - 6/23 - 6/24 - Uniondale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Base Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GokaiRed (Michael DeGuzman)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: LI, Cradle Con - 6/23 - 6/24 - Uniondale Reply with quote

The Rebel Legion Echo Base and the 501st Legion's Empire City Garrison has been invited to the 1st annual Cradle Con at the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City Long Island NY. This is a two day event on Saturday, June 23rd and Sunday June 24th 2018. It will run from 10:00am - 4:00pm (9:30am arrival) and we will be doing 2 shifts each day, (10am - 1pm / 1pm - 4pm). The CAM is Long Island's Air and Space museum, and features an actual unused Moon Lander, A10 Tank killer, and other incredible artifacts from our aviation history. They also have a Dome IMAX, motion rides, and some really impressive exhibits. They have been very impressed by our appearances over the past 8 years, and they would like us to be part of their 1st annual Cradle Con. This is a new pop culture type con with vendors and celebrity guests being put on by the museum itself. All proceeds from the event will go to the museum, which has been struggling in recent years. We do plan to run a "Blast-A-Trooper" or "Photo Op" event throughout the day, to help raise money for a local charity. We also will do a panel on the 501st Legion and what we do. We all had a great time at previous appearances at the museum and we plan to "Rock the Cradle" again this year.

This is a large event for the museum itself and we would love to help them make a success. They have asked if we can help put together a temporary exhibit of Star Wars costumes and props to display the weeks leading up to the Con. There is a thread posted by Chris Feehan in the ECG area about that; we will work out the details and determine if we have any volunteers as this approaches. Also be aware you can vote for multiple selections in the poll.

Location: Cradle of Aviation Museum, One Davis Avenue - Charles Lindbergh Blvd. Garden City, NY 11530
Date: Saturday, June 23rd and Sunday, June 24th 2018
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm (9:30am arrival / 12:30 Arrival - 2 Shifts)
Changing Area: Large Secure Rooms
Admission: FREE
Food/Drink: Food and drinks will be provided.
Characters Needed: 6 Minimum (hopefully 12 or more)

NOTE: This is a Potential Event, as soon as we have a few people commit we will inform the requester and Confirm this. Please vote in the poll if you are able to attend.
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cradle of Aviation Museum has always been helpful to all of us. It would be great if we can help support them on this. I will likely do 1 day as part of Rebel Legion, another day as part of the 501st
ReyTFA7 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sign up for this as Rey. I should be trooping for Saber Guild's Endor Temple as well. Thanks!
TheBigDeal (Kyle Vaz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my attendance is limited because I'm running Saberguild shows but I can troop as Finn for some time

Kyle Vaz
Finn ep.8
Koda ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can go as Poe.
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koda wrote:
I can go as Poe.

Approved by BMO and BCO until Judges say otherwise.
Loren ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Lisa about teaming up as Rey and would like to do a shift one day. I can help man the table and take pics when Lisa is on Rey duty. (And by "man the table" I mean tell children they can take cards, and not answer questions about the clubs because I am Jon Snow and I know nothing.)
ReyTFA7 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone else would also like to troop as Rey, we can coordinate and set up shifts so everyone gets a chance! I'm going to be splitting duties with Saber Guild, too, and have my Jedi costume (SG and RL) and Sith costume (SG only) that I'll also be trooping in during the weekend. I'll have a better idea of what SG needs from me once we get closer. Thanks!
CheriBot (Cheri Nowak)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, all!

Let me introduce myself first- I'm Cheri, I'm super new, and just received my first approval this morning Very Happy I have Resistance Rey, hoping to have Jakku and Training approved soon (taking more pics today). I read through the charter and all the welcome type threads and super excited to troop, help, etc. whatever is needed!

Since there's quite a few Reys already I have no problem just helping at the table or anything like that, or if we can coordinate shifts that would be great, too! I think I'm available all day Saturday and Sunday- my sister is actually helping out at her King Fu school who was invited to the con and I'd most likely be carpooling with her, so I'm there all day either way Smile
ReyTFA7 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cheri! Congratulations and welcome!!! I'm a fellow scavenger sister - it's very nice to meet you!

We will definitely set up shifts! We will work out what's best for everyone's schedule. I will be trooping for Saber Guild Endor Temple, too, so I'll be going through lots of costumes, hahaha. 😂
darthbane ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may duel troop or change into another costume after my troop is over my first order or krennic is not approved by this point butfor the rebs I want to troop as han
darthbane ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may duel troop or change into another costume after my troop is over my first order or krennic is not approved by this point butfor the rebs I want to troop as han
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Im new! I should have my wookiee youngling done by then, If my app is accepted by then, I would love to do at least saturday
TriumphFX ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there both days. Might dual troop. Depends on needs. See you all there!
Bogie-Wan ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-Wan will be there for both the Saber Guild and the rebel Legion, wherever I am needed. Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Base Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: