Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cbf5b0619cdf0d9c798d7f251684544cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2018 Rebel Fleet Trooper build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: 2018 Rebel Fleet Trooper build Reply with quote

Your thread is to show the progress being made on the 2018 Rebel Fleet Trooper build, and to recruit new members to join in.

Currently we have several shirts made, will be doing the vests soon, and have a helmet run coming up. Kits will be around $88 each.

I encourage members of the build to show pics of their progress, and for new members to show their interest.[/i]
goldenhawk (Neil Umayam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my no-sew method for making the RFT blue shirt. Double-sided fabric or seam tape, fabric glue and Velcro. It took less than an hour to make. But make sure you wash the shirts before you do this.

goldenhawk (Neil Umayam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the vest I used. It is a tactical vest that I bought from Ranger Surplus. $24.99 plus tax. The big advantage with this tactical vest....it already has the large pocket on the back.

The collar and hood and all the zippers on the front pockets were removed in order to make the vest in the previous post.

coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It somehow feels wrong to track down everything and take pics of it until I buy my belt boxes, but here's what I've done besides the belt boxes

- Bought a medium BDU shirt, seam ripped the sleeves apart, realized it was too big, bought another one in small, realized it was only a centimeter shorter, and ran out of...cares.

- Bought the pants that RAID said to buy.

- Bought 9oz leather for the holster, a belt blank, a belt buckle, and the correct shade of tan. I forget if it's canyon or range, but we had an intense discussion about it over a year ago, and came to a definite conclusion.

- Found the Nerf blaster on Ebay and started painting it.

- Modded the shirt with Sam's "fold the back in half" method.

- Got the Engineer boots on Amazon last year.

Base Membership Officer, Freedom Base
Executive Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
goldenhawk (Neil Umayam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.

Edit: Formally approved 48 hours later.
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! This confirms that we are doing things right! If you're on the fence about joining in on the build, know that we've got things together and we'll be able to guide you to approval.

Post here and we'll get you started!
oddbodkins (Chris Daly)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the process has smoothed considerably. Even though I followed the then board instructions to the T a few years ago, i think it took me four times for final approval. One of the things i got dinged for was that the pants were the wrong color--even though they were the pants recommended by the site. Apparently, the manufacturer had changed dyes slightly, and the site didn't know, so anyone who bought those pants had to go buy new ones. I think Dagobah training was easier than getting accepted a few years back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: