Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d121e190f198865fa233e8f6fb845c32Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jakku Rey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Padme4590 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Jakku Rey Reply with quote

So I’m working on Jakku rey!! I got my fabric, boots arm wraps, and shirt and pants. I already had the boots! I’m so excited to get started!

jeniwan (Jenna Hunt)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you're off to a good start!
Great Lakes Base -- Rey (Resistance, Jakku, TLJ and Training) and Jyn Erso
Padme4590 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jeniwan awwww thank you!!!!
Padme4590 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so here's my mostly completed Jakku Rey!! is there anything I should fix? Also could I get pointers on weathering?

SkyHawk ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me like the belt still needs the twine added.

I don't know much about weathering yet, as I'm still working on my own Rey.
Perhaps someone else who has finished has some tips?
jeniwan (Jenna Hunt)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! I like your colors together.

You do need to add some weathering. When weathering, think about what gets dirty and shows wear first in real life: the edges of things and the sweaty bits :-) So, for Rey, I would want to see the edges of your arm wraps darkened especially (I use gray dye dabbed onto the edges because I'm lazy and only wanted to do it once. You can also use brown/gray eye shadow, oil pastels, charcoal, wood ash, etc.).

You'll also want to weather your shirt. The color is really nice as is, so I wouldn't tea dye it, but you can use makeup, watered down acrylic paint, oil pastels, etc. Focus on the parts that would be sweaty in real life: so, darken the under arms, along the seams, and especially around the collar and back of the neck. I recently re-weathered my Jakku shirt after washing it. I just used cheap dollar store makeup (pressed powder foundation in a darker skin tone) and a big fluffy kabuki brush (also from the dollar store!). You can see a before and after and some of my tools here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Be4NapzFY8M/?taken-by=jeniwan_kenobi

I would also suggest that you practice putting your costume on and making sure your wrap dress is laying as nicely as it can be. This really does take practice, and for me I had to keep staring at pictures of Rey while dressing myself, and looking at photos of myself next to Rey to get it right. It looks like your wrap is twisting and bunching a bit, and you want to make sure it is crinkled but otherwise laying flat and covering your chest evenly. Again, this is just practice and then tightening up the belt. But you want it to look as nice as possible when you take your submission photos and start trooping :-D

You're doing great and I am looking forward to seeing your finished costume!
Great Lakes Base -- Rey (Resistance, Jakku, TLJ and Training) and Jyn Erso
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: