Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dd3cc2c295bb576ca2ce8e71bbf12fc7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hopeful to Join - Generic Jedi Cosplay Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ghost Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralzir ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Hopeful to Join - Generic Jedi Cosplay Questions Reply with quote

Hi! I've been working on getting together a generic jedi cosplay for my first costume to submit, and I'm running into a few small issues.

Firstly, I know that combinations of red and black are not permitted for generic jedi cosplays, but I was wondering if the lightsaber I currently have (which is solid black) would be declined due to the fact that the switches have a red color, though the blades themselves are orange? It's such a small amount of red, I'm hoping it's passable, but understand if it's not.

Secondly, and this is partially a question for back-up purposes depending on the first answer, where do you recommend lightsaber purchases? The sabers I have now are a Dark Initiate v4 saberstaff from ultrasabers and a kyberlight saber. I was looking towards buying from Saberforge for a saber that's less easily mistakable for a Sith saber, but was informed that in 2014 they were banned by Rebel Legion for recasting - I was wondering if that's still the case (and, frankly, what that means/why it's bad)?

Thirdly and finally, I was wondering if anyone would be able to let me know whether or not JediRobesAmerica items are passable costume standards or not? They look fine to me, but I don't want to have them end up not looking as good as they do in the photos.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if any of this is repetitive from other posts (I couldn't find any) or in the wrong area, please delete if that's the case!
Schraeds (Matt Schraeder)
Ghost Base CO
Ghost Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Hopeful to Join - Generic Jedi Cosplay Questions Reply with quote

Ralzir wrote:
Hi! I've been working on getting together a generic jedi cosplay for my first costume to submit, and I'm running into a few small issues.

Firstly, I know that combinations of red and black are not permitted for generic jedi cosplays, but I was wondering if the lightsaber I currently have (which is solid black) would be declined due to the fact that the switches have a red color, though the blades themselves are orange? It's such a small amount of red, I'm hoping it's passable, but understand if it's not.

Secondly, and this is partially a question for back-up purposes depending on the first answer, where do you recommend lightsaber purchases? The sabers I have now are a Dark Initiate v4 saberstaff from ultrasabers and a kyberlight saber. I was looking towards buying from Saberforge for a saber that's less easily mistakable for a Sith saber, but was informed that in 2014 they were banned by Rebel Legion for recasting - I was wondering if that's still the case (and, frankly, what that means/why it's bad)?

Thirdly and finally, I was wondering if anyone would be able to let me know whether or not JediRobesAmerica items are passable costume standards or not? They look fine to me, but I don't want to have them end up not looking as good as they do in the photos.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if any of this is repetitive from other posts (I couldn't find any) or in the wrong area, please delete if that's the case!

Most of Ghost Base's activity is conducted on our own forums: GhostBaseRL.com. Sign up there.

I can answer some of your questions, though.
Some red on the saber handle should be fine. Those color restrictions are primarily for the clothes and blade.
The lightsabers that you mentioned should be all right.

Recasting is bad because it steals someone else's work. A manufacturer creates a product, and the recaster makes copies of it. That is frowned upon because it steals from the original manufacturer. I'm not sure if it is still "banned."

I can't help you with the last question about the robes, but our Base Membership Officer or one of our Recruit Mentors might. Sign up on our forums and we can get you some help.
TB/TK-99920, Jedi
Jaren Valnor (Ryan Miorelli)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should post in the Jedi section of our forums for more assistance. People all over the world, including costume judges, can help you with your questions.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

The Rebel Legion doesn't really blanket-ban items from manufacturers. Saberforge's owner may have been banned (I don't actually know one way or the other) but that wouldn't affect your approval with one of his products. Many members carry Saberforge sabers.

As for red on the switch, that's not an issue. Many prequel Jedi sabers had red switches, as well as the Anakin/Luke/Rey saber in some films in the other trilogies.

I dunno about JediRobeAmerica. At a glance, the tabards on their Anakin look overstuffed and too wrinkly. Approval is as much about how the costume fits you as it is the quality of the costume itself, so that's a factor.

Please pop over to the Jedi forums and say hey!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ghost Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: