Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bdd050a927ae3384c48df233dde0e7c5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clone Wars Padme; Malevolence Standards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Clone Wars Padme; Malevolence Standards Reply with quote

Hey everyone! So I've been slowly working on standards for the Malevolence costume Padme wears a few times in TCW (especially since I've had so many ladies message me about also wanting the costume, YAY!), and I think I've finished it! I'd love input because I'm unsure if a few parts make sense, mainly the shirt, boots, and vambraces!

Also I put the blasters as optional, because in TCW Season 3 Episode 49 "Corruption" Padme does not have her normal Naboo blaster, and instead uses a WESTAR-35 Mandalorian blaster pistol

Clone Wars Padme Malevolence Standards

Required Items

1. Fitted top with long slim sleeves and narrow mock turtleneck in a tan, matte opaque knit fabric. The sleeves have narrow oval-shaped segmented (quilted) upper arm patches. The top also has alternating vertical and horizontal seaming with double topstitching over the bust line and a seam with double topstitching in a trapezoid shape coming out from the collar. The shirt must be tucked in
2. Fitted leggings of a tan, matte opaque knit fabric with two topstitched seams at the center front of each leg, and narrow oval-shaped segmented (quilted) thigh patches on each outer thigh
3. Fitted vest in a burgundy velvet or micro-suede fabric, ending at the waistline, with a slightly flared lapel collar. There is a seam or topstitching on the bust line across the front, with gold trim or detail at the shoulders. A rank badge with three pips sits just above the front seam on the left breast
4. Knee-high, low heeled, riding-style medium brown leather or leather-like boots, each with a medium brown leather or leather-like wide strap, and a medium brown leather or leather-like narrow rectangular patch at the top of the boot on the outside of each leg. No zippers unless hidden
5. Plain 1.5”/3.75cm wide leather or leather-like belt in a medium brown color with a silver rectangular buckle. Attached are one contoured flap pouch for the left hip and one long narrow contoured holster for the right hip, all of the same medium brown leather or leather-like material
6. Dark brown leather or leather-like vambraces that span from the top of the forearm to flair over the knuckles with a double beveling detail on all edges, similar to piping
7. Hair is parted at the center and gathered at the nape of the neck, then split into 5 thin ponytails, each secured with 3 decorative silver rings. The hair should be long. Naturally occurring hair colors only; no bangs

Optional Items

1. Silver long-barrel Naboo blaster
2. WESTAR-35 Mandalorian blaster pistol

Last edited by bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer) on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be the one we are discussing, right?

http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=padme-amidala-clone-wars-battle-vest

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
This would be the one we are discussing, right?

http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=padme-amidala-clone-wars-battle-vest

Yup that's the one! Totally just realized I never added a picture of it in my post! XD
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Just wanted to be sure. Smile

Okay, discuss away.

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving this! Especially since you and I discussed the build and how I should get started. Thanks for posting!

In progress/planning: Marvel Comics Leia, Endor Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaAurora wrote:
Loving this! Especially since you and I discussed the build and how I should get started. Thanks for posting!

Of course! Honestly our conversation is what pushed me to finally post this and finish it haha so thank you!

Does it read correctly and make sense? I always worry my wording is weird and others won't actually know what I mean haha
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stickied this discussion until we are done discussing. Smile

Just want to notice we might leave it a bit longer for discussion since our DCO is currently away and without internet.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally understand leaving this up for a bit! I do have a question about the holster that I was asked about, if the blasters are optional would it be smart to also make the holster optional? It would be odd to have it with no blaster, but it also does always show up with this costume so I'm unsure.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I prefer it when people have everything and there's a blaster in the holster. I get that there are places you can't draw it out of the holster at all, but it just looks better. But that's just my opinion on blasters and holsters in general. Wink

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay good that was my thought, but I wanted to be sure and bring it up here!

I wasn't sure about making blasters requited since she uses two kinds, but I figured the holster was something you do need.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Clone Wars Padme; Malevolence Standards Reply with quote

Thanks so much for putting this together. I've just done some tweaking for formatting so that it will go into picture standards more easily later.

I also added the RLGS hair clause.

I am also 100% for making blasters optional, because there are many places where they are not allowed. We might need a discussion in RLGS about whether we want to make that a standard policy.

bekahsoka wrote:
Clone Wars Padme Malevolence Standards

Required Items

1. Shirt
a. Fitted top with long slim sleeves and narrow mock turtleneck in a tan, matte opaque knit fabric. The shirt must be tucked into the pants.
b. The sleeves have narrow oval-shaped segmented or quilted upper arm patches with four horizontal seams.
c. The shirt also has alternating vertical and horizontal seaming with double topstitching over the bust line and a seam with double topstitching in a trapezoid shape coming out from the collar.

2. Pants
a. Fitted leggings of a tan, matte opaque knit fabric with two topstitched seams at the center front of each leg
b. Pants have narrow oval-shaped segmented or quilted thigh patches on each outer thigh. There should be approximately 11 horizontal lines, proportional to wearer.

3. Vest
a. Fitted vest in a heavy burgundy fabric (velvet or micro-suede recommended), ending at the waistline, with a slightly flared lapel collar. There is a seam or topstitching on the bust line across the front, with wide gold trim or piping detail at the shoulders.
b. A silver or gray rank badge with three circular red pips sits just above the front seam on the left breast

4. Boots
a. Knee-high, low heeled, riding-style medium brown leather or leather-like boots
b. Each boot has a wide strap of medium brown leather or leather-like material in front of the ankle, and a medium brown leather or leather-like narrow rectangular patch at the top of the boot on the outside of each leg.
c. No outside zippers unless hidden.

5. Belt
a. Plain 1.5”/3.75cm wide leather or leather-like belt in a medium brown color with a silver rectangular buckle.
b. Attached are one contoured flap pouch for the left hip and one long narrow contoured holster for the right hip, all of the same medium brown leather or leather-like material

6. Vambraces
a. Dark brown leather or leather-like vambraces that span from the top of the forearm to flair over the knuckles with a double beveling detail on all edges, similar to piping

7. Hair
a. Hair is parted at the center and gathered at the nape of the neck, then split into 5 thin ponytails, each secured with 3 decorative silver rings. The hair should be mid-back to waist length. Naturally occurring hair colors only (brown preferred); no bangs. If a wig or hair pieces are used, they should be of high quality and appear like natural hair.

Optional Items

1. Silver long-barrel Naboo blaster
2. WESTAR-35 Mandalorian blaster pistol

I do hesitate to require specific fabrics on an animated costume, because we really don't know when it all looks like plastic. However, I think it's appropriate to recommend a fabric type, because we know what this costume is imitating from the movies.

Since this hasn't had many comments in the last few weeks, I'm going to move it along to the detachment for discussion.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: