Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c5a7313b5253922bbb650e5464291b8bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Marvel Comics Luke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vualo_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Marvel Comics Luke Reply with quote

"Luke parted for a while with summer overalls and changed into a black shirt, brown pants and a yellow jacket now he was no different from the millions of people of the human race whose life is somehow connected with space travel. In the holster on his thigh was comfortably arranged a blaster, and the light sword, inherited from his father, hid himself with a jacket." (с) Jason Fry "The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure"
мм

This idea has repeatedly slipped through the forum, and from time to time someone asks for advice on creating Luke's comic costume. I collected various links from different comic books. Unfortunately, some artists differ in some details. I propose to discuss my costume, which I did in the comic book "Smugglers of the Moon". In addition, I would like to provide screenshots of various variations, different artists, to finally come to a common opinion and add Luke's costume to the miracle comic book. Including my Smile. The more that recently, more and more of these comic books

Smugglers of the Moon: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CQcUyoZJxP02l34q2

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

what did I do and what I would like to confirm and find out the opinion of the judges: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2AlSQMgIbwK9SAj12

1)

2)

3)
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would need to pick one version and stick with it.
your photo reference #1 (smuggler's moon) shows Luke with his ESB blaster and ESB holster (octagon buckle);
your photo #3 shows Luke with his Yavin Ceremony holster (oval buckle) and a white shirt;
etc..
these are all different variants of his costume.
you would need to pick one version and stick to it.

for example, your own costume shows the yavin ceremony holster and 'Leia' blaster -- but with an octagon buckle -- this is not correct for this holster, you would need the oval buckle for this holster, such as the one in your reference photo#3.

(and/or: if you are using that octagon buckle, then you would need to match it with an ESB holster + ESB blaster, like "smuggler's moon" seen here).

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/2c/Star_Wars_8_Final_Cover.jpg

summary:

- that octagon buckle is not correct for your holster (you need the oval buckle).
you can buy one here:
https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/oval-buckle-blank
or here
https://www.tandyleather.ca/en/product/oval-buckle-blank

- I'm not sure if the details on the jacket are correct
(you would need to ask the judges this question);

- I think that the yellow stripes on the pants will not be accepted.
the stripes will need to be much smaller. the stripes on the pants should look like this:
https://imageshack.com/a/img834/3230/gydm.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img839/899/lyww.jpg
^^ these are the pants from my own han solo and luke skywalker costumes.
the size of the yellow stripe is roughly 1 inch wide x 1/4 inch tall,
with 1/8 inch of brown space between each stripe.

you can buy the correct yellow stripes here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Empire-Strikes-Back-Han-Solo-Pants-Embroidered-Side-stripes/272911361708?epid=1982523808
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
your photo reference #1 (smuggler's moon) shows Luke with his ESB blaster and ESB holster (octagon buckle);
your photo #3 shows Luke with his Yavin Ceremony holster (oval buckle) and a white shirt;
etc..
these are all different variants of his costume.
you would need to pick one version and stick to it.

for example, your own costume shows the yavin ceremony holster and 'Leia' blaster -- but with an octagon buckle -- this is not correct for this holster, you would need the oval buckle for this holster, such as the one in your reference photo#3.

(and/or: if you are using that octagon buckle, then you would need to match it with an ESB holster + ESB blaster, like "smuggler's moon" seen here).

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/2c/Star_Wars_8_Final_Cover.jpg

summary:

- that octagon buckle is not correct for your holster (you need the oval buckle).
you can buy one here:
https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/oval-buckle-blank
or here
https://www.tandyleather.ca/en/product/oval-buckle-blank

- I'm not sure if the details on the jacket are correct
(you would need to ask the judges this question);

- I think that the yellow stripes on the pants will not be accepted.
the stripes will need to be much smaller. the stripes on the pants should look like this:
https://imageshack.com/a/img834/3230/gydm.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img839/899/lyww.jpg
^^ these are the pants from my own han solo and luke skywalker costumes.
the size of the yellow stripe is roughly 1 inch wide x 1/4 inch tall,
with 1/8 inch of brown space between each stripe.

you can buy the correct yellow stripes here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Empire-Strikes-Back-Han-Solo-Pants-Embroidered-Side-stripes/272911361708?epid=1982523808

Thank you so much. I'm going to redo the pants, so I have not applied for a suit yet. As for the different versions, this is exactly what I'm trying to say in this thread. I indicated only one source! Those. photos that I imagined, only from the moon of smugglers, and there is already a difference within the framework of one arch. But there are still other comics, and there is another style. I would like to discuss this with the desire before my conversation with the judges to adopt a common standard and approve general rules for Luke on the comics of Marvel. What do you think about this?
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a very good idea. we should have new standards discussion for Marvel Comics Luke.
there are enough different variants, they will need to have different standards for each costume.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
this is a very good idea. we should have new standards discussion for Marvel Comics Luke.
there are enough different variants, they will need to have different standards for each costume.

Excellent! then I will continue. Above, I already pointed out that I used different comics of the same arch "moon of smugglers" and you correctly noticed that the gun and the belt-belt are changing. Personally, I think that it will be necessary to allow the optional use of different blasters: lei and solo. However, Luke sometimes uses and carries out a mission with a stormtrooper rifle. But these are trifles.
Next, I would like to present my study of the comic book "Star Wars: Doctor Afra"
1)

2)

3)

4)

Note: the color of the jacket and the seams look a little different. Maybe it will not cause any questions, but here's the strap ... The color and shape of the bryshka, this is exactly another strap.

Of course, I'm interested in my suit on the moon was accepted, but I do not want to limit the work of other legionaries. I saw that some have long wanted to make a comic costume, I would like to come to a common opinion and encourage all those interested in this to participate.
Vualo_ ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to show comics "Star Wars Screaming Citadel". His events are included in the arch "Star Wars: Doctor Afra" but the costume looks a bit different, there is a difference in the color of the details, as I did it.

1)

but these silver details are no longer in Doctor Aphra

well, just to finish the report on my research, I will show Vader's memoir of the meeting with Luke in the comic book "Darth Wader"

and although very funny, about the still interesting and canonical moment from "Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith" modification of a jacket with a fur collar Laughing Laughing

it looks interesting ...
I think I've already reviewed all the known variations and all mention of this jacket ... But if someone has more materials and thoughts, I'm waiting for your opinion. This costume is very interesting and is already an inseparable part of the old world of the universe. I think we need to solve once and for all the question with Luke's comic book and come to a common opinion. I'm waiting for your thoughts on this. Thank you and may the Force be with you.
Leroni (Leroni)
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:

Hello Vualo_

i am here to help with doing the standard(s).

These are the things we need from you:

1. step: sort out how many standards we need.
2. step: think about the names of the standards
3. step: open the first standard at the KJO-forum [New Standard] name.

You can support all the needed pictures at this post and if you feel to you can follow this guide:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89571

at this point i will jump in and we can work together on the new standards.

yours
leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Vualo_ ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Cobalt-60 wrote:

Hello Vualo_

You can support all the needed pictures at this post and if you feel to you can follow this guide:

yours
leroni

I'm very glad that you joined and answered! I have been searching for various sources and references for a long time. And here's what I can say: 1) Jacket. I think it's obvious to everyone that this is a repetition of a jacket with Yavin 4 Ceremonial with only a few acid colors. Therefore, I propose to make a recommendation on the color: yellow. But also allow more orange, as in the comic screaming quote and. The only question I have for the seam on the back, I showed above that there is a variant where the seam does not end on the arms, but goes on the back.
2) belt and blasters. Honestly, you can hardly see anywhere exactly what kind of blaster Luke has in his holster. Sometimes he is like Leia sometimes (as in the ceremony) as in Khan. I propose to allow the wearing of both. But the shape of the rattles is on the strap is rectangular. This is the main difference from Yavin 4 Ceremonial. But I already pointed out that in the comic book the screaming citadel and Harp, the turn looks different again ...
3) Trousers should be brown in color with yellow stripes

In the end, it turns out that the costume is certainly based on Yavin 4 Ceremonial and must be completely repeated with some difference in accessories. There are differences even in the screaming citadel and "" (the color of the details on the jacket). And then you need to decide whether or not to make a general standard on the original-jacket from Yavin 4 Ceremonial and give the easing (the most important here is still the seams on the back, accessories can always be supplemented and we still will not follow the flight of comic fantasy). Or make 2 standards: 1) Moon from the smugglers and Vader 2) screaming citadel and "" with more stringent restrictions, but in the second version, I'm afraid that with some release with a new design
Vualo_ ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Cobalt-60 wrote:

Hello Vualo_

yours
leroni

I do not know if I have the right to decide. I'm not a judge of a costume designer. Simply in the second case, we really risk making a lot of changes essentially in one suit. And yet, I'm ready to write a standard. If you think that I have the right. Only we need to think. Again, I'm not a judge, I do not know. Is it possible to soften in the issue of stitches on the back? Or I can offer even better pictures for discussion. I scored 59 pieces
GoldenCat (Anastasia)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best way is to make one CRL based on the most detailed shots and alow some variations. Make all accessories optional items with the note that the costumer should have at least one or two.

This reminds me of the situation with Forces of Destiny costumes - they are not allowed right now in Rebel Legion, because they are basically simplified version of the existing costumes. I suggest that we treat the shots from the comics with less details the same.
Vualo_ ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then you need to take as a basis the ceremony of Yavin 4. There is no more detailed picture than the film itself.....

by the way. There are a couple of sources here:

Vualo_ ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Princess Leia comics

note that the jacket is already wearing another pilot, so that the assumption that this is the standard jacket of insurgent pilots is indirectly confirmed

GoldenCat (Anastasia)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:

I agree with this.

Vualo_ wrote:
then you need to take as a basis the ceremony of Yavin 4. There is no more detailed picture than the film itself.....

If we are going to make it a new costume that is called Marvel Comics Luke. Then I would suggest to base your the standard on the most detailed shots from the comics only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: