Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=501432d0d09f10ff5467067800e0cc3cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Cyonrand's Chewie Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyonrand ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Cyonrand's Chewie Build Reply with quote

Hi everyone I figured I should start a WIP for my costume. I am currently a member of the 501st legion Outer Rim Garrison and have a TK and a TI kit.

I ordered a full costume from Evil Chimp late September/ early October (ish). I was just informed by him that he will be finished April 10th!!!!! I been doing a little bit of research into all the accessories i'm going to need, but its time to kick my butt into high gear.

I would really appreciate any and all recommendations for cooling, sound and any other gear I may need.

Cheers,
Cyon
Scouser (Devlin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooling.... I have a circulating and normal ice pocket vest. I love the circulating, however if you wear shoulder pads under the suit you will have a hunchback. So I recommend one of the vest with the ice pockets. My wife and I have different models and both ends of the financial spectrum.... I can't tell the difference in cooling. My vest is more mesh, her's is a solid material. Both feel about the same and last about the same amount of time.

Sound... Seen a few different set ups. I personally use a DIY sound glove with a bluetooth adaptor. On my shoulder pads I have a bluetooth speaker that picks up the sound and is very loud. Spent very little on this set up and have 4 different programmable sounds or loops depending on how I set it up. Love the set up since only wires I deal with are on the sound glove.
Dewkazza - Wookiee Elder (Generic)
Horr'orr - ANH Tusken/Bantha Rider (501st (DZ-91919) & Rebel Legion)
Grand Moff Tarkin (ID-91919)
Tie Pilot Reserve (TI-91919)
Bridge Crew: Engineer (IC-91919)
Bacca9 (Jamie "Gingersnap")
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Dave does some nice work!

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
Big Bear ()

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay another Canadian. I am in Badlands Garrison. Welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: