Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=51bfcf9601937390cd913471eb4cd36bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Juno Eclipse Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Legends (EU)costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Juno Eclipse Build Reply with quote

This character intrigues me. The more I read the EU books and the comics etc, the more I am finding amazing female characters that I love.

I was reading through the standards and they aren't too specific. I had a few questions before I finish up my costume and submit.

These are the boots I ordered. A bunch of Juno's on the 501st side have used them and been approved with them for 501st so I'm hopeful they will also be approved for RL.

Also, the standard main reference photo shows Juno wearing her Imperial hat with rank bar and greeblies but they are not listed as needed for this costume for us. Is that still accurate?

I also purchased these gloves. Are they approvable? They seem to fit what is required but just wanted to make sure.

Lastly, the hair color. Yes, Juno is a blonde and I am perfectly fine with wearing a wig. However, it is not stated anywhere in the standard that I need to be blonde to be approved, just have a natural hair color.Is this also correct?

In progress/planning: Bespin Escape Leia, Hoth Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, receveived the gloves and they are perfect! The boots, not so much. While I could get them on, they were extremely tight around the calf and there was no way I could get them on with the pants on. There was simply no give to them, unfortunately.

I bought this pattern to make the blazer with.

It pretty much has everything I need seam wise for it as well as the collar. I plan on using View A and just shortening the sleeves and not adding the pockets. I'll be using black bottomweight twill and lining it with black Kona cotton from JoAnn's.

I have a wig that I used for Ellie Sattler/Matt the Radar Technician so I will just style it for the updo and I should be set other than the boots.

Does anyone know where I can get approvable boots?

In progress/planning: Bespin Escape Leia, Hoth Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
Priya ()

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Juno hopeful! I'm working on mine as well (for both 501st and Rebel Legion approval). I got my boots from Soviet Boots.com. I haven't received them yet, but I asked around in the Ladies of the Legion FB group, as I have large calves and 99% of all boot options out there wouldn't fit over my legs in a million years.

Lots of ladies suggested those boots and I've seen several people with approved costumes wearing them as well. This is the link to the ones I got: http://www.sovietboots.com/home/10-soviet-officer-riding-leather-boots-501st.html
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished up my Qi'Ra so moving to this build.

I purchased the rank bar off Etsy.

Found a cheap pair of Frye Melissa's (which I understand many Juno's have been approved with).

Also finally figured out the pattern alterations needed. I am using Simplicity 2341 as I stated before and after studying it today, I figured out a plan of action. Forgive my poor drawing attempt but you get the idea. Mr. Green

I'm planning on dual legion with this so I will be adding the front princess seams, hat, center back seam, front pockets and code cylinders as well.

I'll be making my mock tonight and hopefully finish the blazer this weekend.

Swfangirl ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloves look fine. No hat or rank bar for RL but do need for 501. Make sure your pants are plain, no zipper, front or back pockets or zipper.
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished up the blazer last night and I absolutely love how it came out! Cannot recommend the pattern I used enough! Simplicity 2341.

The pattern calls for 2 1/4 yards of fabric but I ended up needing a little less than 2 yards due to the modifications I made to the base.

I shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length, shortened the jacket to hit at waist instead of at the hips and also didn't use the back facing.

When I finished the blazer and was attaching the collar, I noticed it was at least 2 inches longer than needed so I shortened that as well. The pattern runs somewhat true to size. I cut it at a 10 even though the pattern says I'm a size 14. Shocked

This blazer will be for my RL submission. I will be remaking it with the additions needed for 501st (basically just add the pockets for the code cylinders).

The back is patterned as 3 separate pieces but I combined the side piece with the middle piece and cut it on the fold to create one solid back piece and it worked great.

I ended up not using pattern piece 7 at all due to how I lined it.

I'm just waiting for my boots to arrive and need to restyle my wig but other than that, I think I'm set!
Oh and need to iron the finished blazer!

Mr. Green

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished up this past weekend. Anything that looks like it needs fixing?
I had asked about using my natural hair color and never got a response. Can I go brunette for this?

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished up everything and took submission pics yesterday.

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked to replace my first belt with one with the Imperial cog in the middle but other than that, I was told it looked good!

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approved!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Legends (EU)costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: