Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c9ef6e82e939447ff9fb07ba5b5b640dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Intelligence Officers (Generic Operations Officer)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jthatcher (Jim Thatcher)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like where this CS is heading! I'd suggest adding ankle cuffs to the chelsea boots as per the Scarif Marine CS. The cuffs on my Scarif boots are 4" tall if the height needs to be included. I'd also suggest adding that the cuff color must match the boot color.

Jim Thatcher
Mos Espa BMO
RAID: Endor Commando, Rebel Marine (Scarif) - 307th Desert Rats
COR: Captain Rex - Anooba Squad
KJO: Luke Skywalker (Death Star Duel) - Temple Arkanis
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthatcher wrote:
I like where this CS is heading! I'd suggest adding ankle cuffs to the chelsea boots as per the Scarif Marine CS. The cuffs on my Scarif boots are 4" tall if the height needs to be included. I'd also suggest adding that the cuff color must match the boot color.

O no, I cannot believe that we forgot the ankle cuffs. It is a good thing that so many sets oft eyes are looking over this CS to make sure we do not forget something inportant.
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to include the cuff for the Chelsea boots. Thanks for that! I totally missed it when I looked at the trooper standards because it's listed separately from the boots. Oops!

I also added the padding on the the knees of the pants as an optional detail. Right now it is listed as either the padding or the elastic cuffs, but not both. Thoughts?

Propose: Yavin Operations Officer, Rouge One

Jacket:
-Grey-blue, brown, or olive heavy canvas jacket.
-Sleeves have “blood stripe” detail (printed, suede, embroidered, or similar) from shoulder to cuff. Darker brown, grey-blue, and olive jackets have tan stripes, and lighter brown jackets have darker brown stripes.
-Jacket has a mandarin collar with 6 lines of topstitching on the collar.
-The waistband also has 6 lines of topstitching.
-There are left and right breast pockets, with a flap on the left-hand pocket only. Pocket should have no visible securing snaps or buttons.
-Screen-accurate top stitching and pockets on the front and “action pleat” on the back of the shoulders.
-Screen-accurate compad inset above the left breast pocket.

Optional: Contrasting front yoke.

Pants:
-Khaki or brown colored utility trousers.
-Pant ankles should be worn tucked into boots/boot toppers.

Optional: Cargo-style pockets along the outside of each leg, with top flap, and no visible closure buttons or snaps. Pants may have accurate padding sewn in to knees, or elastic cuffs at the ankles, but not both.

Shirt:
-Long sleeved, tan, beige or middle brown shirt with a collar ending in two points.
-Front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides which (recommended) continue down to bottom of hem.
-Double rows of stitching (flat-felled or similar) in each seam is recommended.
-Optional back yoke.
-Worn tucked into the pants.

Belt:
Option 1:
PLCE belt in tan or olive. Belt closure should be roll pin-style or silver buckle with accurate greeblie.

Optional: silver screen-accurate “energy pellets” tucked into the loops on the belt.

Option 2:
Brown belt with octagonal silver buckle consistent with the RFT belts.

Boots:
Option 1:
-Dark brown leather (or leather-like) lace-up combat boots with two matching flaps covering the laces.
-Bottom flap of boot has screen-accurate buckle. The buckle’s bail (wire piece) is attached with a loop of leather sewn into the flap. The ‘box’ parts of the buckle are black and the ‘wire’ parts are silver.
-No visible zippers, but discrete inside zippers are permitted.

(Screen used boots are Frye “Sutton Tall” boots)

Option 2:
-Chelsea-style boot in brown or black leather (can be suede).
-No visible laces.
-Anklet-style cuff that matches boot color.

Rank Badge:
Screen accurate rebel rank badge worn on the right side of jacket, just above breast pocket. Badge should reflect rank of the costumer's choice below General.

Optional:
Era-appropriate Alliance used sidearm and holster such as:
-A180 Pistol
-BlasTech DH-17
-BlasTech DL-44
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the addition to the pants, allows for the option of doing either style.

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order
Galactic Stategic Command
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:

Rank Badge:
Screen accurate rebel rank badge worn on the right side of jacket, just above breast pocket. Badge should reflect rank of the costumer's choice below General.

I went through the references again. I think this should be changed to "below Colonel". The highest ranking officer with this uniform were two commanders.

Colonels, generals and navy captains like captain Antilles (rank badge with five blue dots) seem to wear other types of jackets that are similar to the one general Draven, captain Antilles or General Dodona wear the only lower rank that seems to be an exception is captain Kado Oquońe (rank badge with two dots).

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fair. Looks like that's the case.

I think the standards will be pretty well set after that update, honestly. Everything seems to be in order, unless anyone has any other notes?

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:
That's fair. Looks like that's the case.

I think the standards will be pretty well set after that update, honestly. Everything seems to be in order, unless anyone has any other notes?

We still need to decide if we should add the Cassian Anders style shirt as a second shirt option or not. I think that and the info that all ranks should be below Colonel are only things that are missing or need to be changed. After that the CS is pretty much finished.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for Officers, the Cassian style shirt should be an option, to further differentiate them from the troopers, and signify their status. And yeah, the rank badge alteration should definitely be made.

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the rank info, but I did not include the Cassian style shirt because I don't see a reference for it being used for any of the generics.

Propose: Yavin Operations Officer, Rouge One

Jacket:
-Grey-blue, brown, or olive heavy canvas jacket.
-Sleeves have “blood stripe” detail (printed, suede, embroidered, or similar) from shoulder to cuff. Darker brown, grey-blue, and olive jackets have tan stripes, and lighter brown jackets have darker brown stripes.
-Jacket has a mandarin collar with 6 lines of topstitching on the collar.
-The waistband also has 6 lines of topstitching.
-There are left and right breast pockets, with a flap on the left-hand pocket only. Pocket should have no visible securing snaps or buttons.
-Screen-accurate top stitching and pockets on the front and “action pleat” on the back of the shoulders.
-Screen-accurate compad inset above the left breast pocket.

Optional: Contrasting front yoke.

Pants:
-Khaki or brown colored utility trousers.
-Pant ankles should be worn tucked into boots/boot toppers.

Optional: Cargo-style pockets along the outside of each leg, with top flap, and no visible closure buttons or snaps. Pants may have accurate padding sewn in to knees, or elastic cuffs at the ankles, but not both.

Shirt:
-Long sleeved, tan, beige or middle brown shirt with a collar ending in two points.
-Front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides which (recommended) continue down to bottom of hem.
-Double rows of stitching (flat-felled or similar) in each seam is recommended.
-Optional back yoke.
-Worn tucked into the pants.

Belt:
Option 1:
PLCE belt in tan or olive. Belt closure should be roll pin-style or silver buckle with accurate greeblie.

Optional: silver screen-accurate “energy pellets” tucked into the loops on the belt.

Option 2:
Brown belt with octagonal silver buckle consistent with the RFT belts.

Boots:
Option 1:
-Dark brown leather (or leather-like) lace-up combat boots with two matching flaps covering the laces.
-Bottom flap of boot has screen-accurate buckle. The buckle’s bail (wire piece) is attached with a loop of leather sewn into the flap. The ‘box’ parts of the buckle are black and the ‘wire’ parts are silver.
-No visible zippers, but discrete inside zippers are permitted.

(Screen used boots are Frye “Sutton Tall” boots)

Option 2:
-Chelsea-style boot in brown or black leather (can be suede).
-No visible laces.
-Anklet-style cuff that matches boot color.

Rank Badge:
Screen accurate rebel rank badge worn on the right side of jacket, just above breast pocket. Badge should reflect rank of the costumer's choice below Colonel.

Optional:
Era-appropriate Alliance used sidearm and holster such as:
-A180 Pistol
-BlasTech DH-17
-BlasTech DL-44
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:
Updated the rank info, but I did not include the Cassian style shirt because I don't see a reference for it being used for any of the generics.

If you want to be that strict then you also have to leave out the boot option 1 because the only officer that wore them in Rogue One was Cassian Andor. The same thing applies for the holster and the plaster pistol. Sam wanted the holster because there are in cannon proof that officers had plaster pistols with and without visible holsters when they are on a mission. All the officers on Yavin 4 in R1 did not have them. Only Cassian had one but I think that it is due to the fact that he was always coming from a mission or going on one throughout the whole movie. We also have in cannon proof that other heroes of the rebellion and resistance wear the Cassian style shirts. If in cannon proof is good enough then the Cassian shirt needs to be added. If only things that can actually be seen in R1 are proof then the boot option 1 as well as the blaster with holster need to be removed from the CS because none of the generic Yavin 4 officer in R1 are seen with them or at least I have not found them yet.
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone!

Voting is now open.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95139

Poll will close on April 15 at midnight EDT. PLEASE VOTE!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: