Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c3108db332afe9072a1657e691fa5410Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

7/27-29 - Blerdcon - Arlington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
DarthOmenSat Apr 21, 2018 8:16 pm
SolfrannThu Jul 26, 2018 11:32 am
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: 7/27-29 - Blerdcon - Arlington
Event starting Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:00 pm for 3 days

**Event cross-posting and special coordination in association with BJ Browne (501st – Garrison Tyranus)**

Event Name: Blerdcon

Event Description:
The greater Washington DC Metro Area (Arlington, VA) is celebrating diversity and inclusion in fandom this summer with the second annual Blerdcon. Blerdcon is designed to foster/spread/celebrate fandom throughout all historically underrepresented groups in the fandom community. This “con” also celebrates Blerd culture and creates a marketplace of ideas where sharing that culture can take place with proper context, attribution and positivity in an inclusive environment.
The name Blerdcon is derived from the term “Blerd,” which is short for black nerd. Blerdcon goes beyond our origins and celebrates strong connections with other fan communities, such as LGBTQ, the disabled, POCs, and the international community! All are welcome to partake in the experience as we are an open community who love all the same nerddom.
Blerd culture encompasses creatives, fans, producers who are and have been contributing to every fandom, but don’t get the recognition or notoriety.
Lastly, as of now, BlerdCon does have at least one S.W. themed special guest. Eugene Stryder Brown… a.k.a, the Hip Hop Trooper is a confirmed guest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logistics Preview:
  • BlerdCon will set aside a large space to change and store bags and effects. It'll be behind our cosplay repair station. It's secure, staffed and has a large curtain for privacy
  • Blasters and lightsabers are ok.
  • Parking: The parking deck next to the Hyatt is free on weekends. (Updates to follow)

Recommendations for your involvement (Per BJ Browne):
  • Volunteer a couple hours (or more) that weekend to attend in costume (troop)
  • Attend a Star Wars themed panel (tentative - Meet the 501st)
  • Host a panel about your favorite inclusive S.W. topic (http://blerdcon.com/panel-submission/)
  • Continue to cross promote this opportunity with our 4 major S.W. groups (RL, 501st, Mando Mercs, and R2 builders)

Event Date: July 27th,28th, and 29th
Arrival time: 7/27/18 - Noon
Start Time: 7/27/18 - Noon
End Time: 7/29/18 - 3pm

Event Address:
2799 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA 22202

Secure Dressing Area: Yes
Water and or Food Snacks: No
DarthOmen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: I'll be there Reply with quote

I intend on being there all three days and have applied to host a Star Wars Panel based on custom character creation. If approved for it I will be hosting it as my "The Dark Empire" cosplay "Darth Omen." As of right now, I have no co-hosts but if approved would be great to have a co-host join me.
Depending on what day/time my panel is I could def switch over to Katarn and represent Rebel Legion one of the days or for a shift/w.e
;p Evil or Very Mad
E Dizzle (Eric Teneza)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay sounds like fun!! I wanna get a pic with hip hop trooper!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: