Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dabb51cbd90d07cf760df1f7dbc69babMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New subforums for Naboo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: New subforums for Naboo? Reply with quote

Kia ora Smile

While we wait with anticipation for the new forums, I was wondering if we could have some new subforums for Naboo:

Naboo Costume Builds (forum members up)
Naboo Event Archives (ditto)
Naboo Event Planning (ditto)

I'm trying to tidy up our forums and I realised I was moving events into our archive when really that could be just for past announcements and election updates.

The plan is to make it easier for recruits to see what we have done, what we are up to, and what our local costuming crew has done/is up to. And we can get veteran members to share their work in our forums too.

(any advice on removing shadow topics would also be of great help. I'm trying to avoid them but there are some about elections etc. that should be tidied out.)

Armourer, sculptor, seamstress, tailor.
Walker (Ashley Walker)
Legion PR Officer
Legion PR Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: New subforums for Naboo? Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:
(any advice on removing shadow topics would also be of great help. I'm trying to avoid them but there are some about elections etc. that should be tidied out.)

Leave the rest for Adam to answer, but shadow topics can be deleted easily, it just means when a topic has been moved the Shadow option has been ticked (or not un-ticked)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: New subforums for Naboo? Reply with quote

Walker wrote:
neimhaille wrote:

Leave the rest for Adam to answer, but shadow topics can be deleted easily, it just means when a topic has been moved the Shadow option has been ticked (or not un-ticked)

Unfortunately if a shadow is left it isn't very easy to remove.

Please leave it unticked when archiving.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have been trying, the ticky box is autochecked which my be why a few have got through, but I found the bulk moving page which will help.

Some of those threads are very old, and not moved by me (I do think I did a couple). I was hoping there was a way I could tidy them but I have a feeling that's not possible. Luckily it's only a small handful of them. But they will move to the first page once I really get older threads moved away Smile

ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would need to be done manually in the back-end, unfortunately not very easy to do with this forum.

neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I will do the moving first and make sure to not leave shadows. After that I can see what shadows are super important to remove, what are just annoying.

I've let my members know that they can post WIP and completed costumes in our base forums. And that once the upgrade has been completed we can figure out new resources to put them all together neatly. We can in theory start a few detachments but it requires a bit more activity in our forums to encourage that.

I have been watching our applications come through and Kiwis really do seem to keep doing what I did way back in 2005- which is to create an account and send in applications almost immediately. But they don't tend to post in the main costuming forums at all. I got into that habit when I joined as the NZ outpost was created a few months after and I wasn't automatically added and so just didn't know there was a local branch!

neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had this set up.

I have been setting up our website to allow members to contribute but I'm going to open up our facebook group to general discussion. It's so far been an announcement group.

I have been using it so far for official announcements but am also looking at opening it up to local forum users so they can get help like full members.
Those are the people who are struggling most.

The facebook group means people can take a photo on their phone, and get feedback immediately.

ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check in with Adam (War4u) on new sections and having the right permissions, as Webmaster he handles those.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: