Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a3fd58ab6385bc53cb4de15dad13a600Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hasbro Black Series Poe Dameron helmet mod WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corellanye (Pascal WELKER)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I am one of the two validated pilots of CORELLIAN GRIFFONS of the French base and
i bought the same helmet and I want to make a version similar to the STARK helmet in TLJ. I wish I knew where you found the stickers?
Thanks...
The Six Towers Jedi Temple Master 2014 - 2015
The Six Towers Jedi Temple Master 2015 - 2016
TR / IC 30966 (501st)
crema ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh58mech wrote:
Lense polish brand?

I use NOVUS 3 step polish for all my plastic polishing needs!
crema ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone’s curious, I made my own decals with image I traced from reference images, printed on waterslide decal paper. It works great and looks accurate since they seem to have also used thin decals-maybe waterslide.
PM me if you have questions since it seems like notifications on new replies on thread doesn’t seem to work great D:
TommyBoy0329 ()

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super new member, I wanna start a TFA X-Wing Pilot and I imagine the helmet is the hardest part to acquire...seeing these Black Series Helmets on amazon for $40 is almost a steal...what needs to be modded to make this approvable? Mic and rear greeblie? How creative am I allowed to get if I’m not doing a named pilot? Just some random, background fighter jock? Thanks!!

EDIT GIL: Just post once please, some one will answer.

There is a thread about a conversion here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88118

TommyBoy0329 wrote:
I know this is gonna get me some flak but I’m asking anyways...with these helmets going for $40 on Amazon it was too good to pass up...

What exactly has to be done to make it an approvable helmet? Microphone needs the wire, right? Possibly get a new mic machined out of aluminum to upgrade? The little “diode” or greeblie thing on the back needs replacing, right? Replace it with another machined part of possible?

How liberal am I allowed with the paint scheme? If I wanna build a generic Blue squadron pilot, one we never saw, how free am I to do the scheme?

My idea is Poe’s white helmet, but yellow and blue stripes on both sides that run the entire length of the helmet. Also wanna put two blue logos on the ears rather than the swoopy wing thing on the left and get rid of the small blue logo on the front. And my name of course in Aurebesh...
greenyone (Kurt)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone modding these helmets done a padding upgrade to make this lid more secure on your head?
Brykoe (Bryan Koerner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a brilliant step by step guide. I bought the helmet last week at Best Buy for $42 with no real plans to build a resistance pilot. But I seriously would like to mod this and fire up my own design and paint scheme.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: