Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2f7b425df766d96504d2e4e6fa8c2221Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Proposed Expansion of Rogue One Troop CRL (Ops Trooper)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The officers can wear sidearms while the troopers carry rifles, the belts have different options, and the boots have different options. Honestly, I don't think the similarities would cause any issues though. The uniforms are the same in-universe, so it's just being faithful to the source.

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order
Galactic Stategic Command
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthatcher wrote:
A couple things on this.

1) As I pointed out in the officer thread, the chelsea boots need to require the leather-like ankle cuffs that match the boot color.

2) Are there references for the elastic on the pants for anyone else but Cassian?

3) If were getting SUPER technical, Sefla would probably be an officer reference. He's a Lieutenant. Smile

I'm still concerned about confusion with a trooper standard and officer standard that is basically the same minus the rank badge. It would also be similar to one of the Scarif Marine variations minus the headgear and vest.

1) Yes, it still needs to be added.

2) As far as I can tell Cassian is the only one with the elastics in the pants but we cannot be sure due to the facts that nobody else had his pants slip out of their boots.

3) Yes, technically Lt Sefla would be a reference but we never see him without his vest in the movie and he is also never seen with a rank badge on his jacket. Not even in the behind the set footage.

Why should there be confusion? If there can be CSs for different versions of the Yavin techinician ANH with the tan flight suit ( Rebel Ground Crew and Yavin Hanger Technician) or different version hoth troopers (Hoth Hanger Technician and Hoth Hanger Trooper) or different types of RFT (RFT ANH, RFT R1) or three different versions of the Rebel Vanguard the why can’t there be different versions of this trooper?

Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:
The officers can wear sidearms while the troopers carry rifles, the belts have different options, and the boots have different options. Honestly, I don't think the similarities would cause any issues though. The uniforms are the same in-universe, so it's just being faithful to the source.

I agree with Sam. There are enough differences between the regular troopers and the officers.
1) The Officers can have blaster pistols and holsters where the troopers have the R1 version of the DH-17 with carrying strap and the A-300 rifles.
2) The troopers can only have two types of buckles with the same belt where the officers can have those two or a RFT belt.
3) The officers have a rank badge the troopers do not.

Personally I would probably also add these two points.
4) The troopers can only have the same types of boots as the scarif marines, the officer can also have the Cassian version due to the fact that he is also an officer.
5) The troopers have brown RFT shirts where the officers can also have the Cassian type of shirt. Again due to the fact that Cassian is also an officer.

There are also enough differences between the troopers, officer and the scarif marines due to the fact that all scarif marines have some type of
a) head gear (cap, M1 helmet or Endor helmet)
b) flak vest or grenade vest and Russian Gorka top.
c) many extra things that are mentioned under optional items
jthatcher (Jim Thatcher)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey dokey. Would anyone object to finalizing the officer CS first and then working on this one from that? Since both are so similar, I feel like developing both at the same time in two different threads may be counter-intuitive. Consistency, right?

Keepin' it simple. Always a good plan.

Jim Thatcher
R.A.I.D. Endor Commando, Rebel Marine (Scarif) - 307th Desert Rats
C.O.R. Captain Rex - Anooba Squad
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthatcher wrote:
Okey dokey. Would anyone object to finalizing the officer CS first and then working on this one from that? Since both are so similar, I feel like developing both at the same time in two different threads may be counter-intuitive. Consistency, right?

That sounds like a very good idea.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this juncture, yeah that makes sense. Developing them both at the same time made sense initially because we had both RAID people and Command people giving input lol. Now it's just a matter of finalizing, and since the officer standards are almost done, let's get that pushed through, copy, paste, and tweak it for troopers, then push that through.

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PArmstr wrote:
Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:

Side note: IS the woman standing in the briefing room Maddel? She looks VERY similar in facial features, has her hair the same way, and seems to have the same weapon with a strap. If that's the case, this supports my theory that the Marines who accompanied Cassian had at least a few regular Army troops toss on vests and padded pants to accompany them to Scarif.

The pathfinders are not marines. They were called that when the CS was created. If you read the information on page 154 to 161 of the R1 VG they seem to be something like Army Special Forces. In Star Wars, I would consider all ground forces Army, fighter pilots Air Force and anything that mans a large space ship Navy. Unfortunately, that does not always work. Kado Oquońe the captain of the hammerhead corvette Lightbringer wears the two dot rank badge of an Army Captain but Raymus Antilles the Captain of corvettes Tantive IV wears the five dots of a general. In the real word, for instance the US military, a navy captain is an O6 which is the same rank as an army/air force colonel. A captain O3 army/Air force is a lieutenant in the navy.

I went through the screen caps again and also looked at the R1 VG once more. I think Sam's and my own statements are both kind of correct. On page 154 of the VG that Corporal Walea Timker is a combat engineer that arrives on Scarif as part of the reinforcements delivered by Blue Squardron. I think I have found her in the battle.

On Page 157, it says that Corporal Rodma Maddel is an intelligence agent that was recruited by Cassian Andor. She is an advanced scout for urban combat units and was also a reinforcement delivered by Blue Squardron.

The third female that I found in the battle of Scarif must also have come with Blue Squardron because there were no females with the Pathfinders on Bodhi Rook's shuttle. I think the third female trooper is the one that stands on the left of Corporal Maddel during Jyn Erso's speech. Due to body shape and hear style I am also pretty sure that she is the tropper that walks behind Jyn when she talk to Baze and Chirrut.

Last edited by PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss) on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent spotting! So we now have a confirmed Intelligence Trooper wearing the vest and carrying a rifle then!

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:
Excellent spotting! So we now have a confirmed Intelligence Trooper wearing the vest and carrying a rifle then!

I found another odd trooper on Scarif. He is wearing a cap but not a vest. He is seen twice in the movie. Once when running away from the AT-ACTs. The second time, he is running on the beach before the reinforcements from Blue Squadron arrive.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the amount of reshoots, and the nature of editing in movies in general, I'm sure that this is a holdover clip from footage intended to be from after Blue Squadron drops off reinforcements, or from when the script had the scene play out differently, with different troops involved. However, as we are going off of the final product, this now indicates that there were indeed generic Yavin operations troopers that went in with the Rogue One crew, and thus, we must allow the vests and rifles to be incorporated into the costume as an optional accessory. It will still be distinct from the Scarif Marines, in that they don't wear the M1 helmets, reinforced heavy trousers, or the Scarif troopers unique boots/spats.

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:
Given the amount of reshoots, and the nature of editing in movies in general, I'm sure that this is a holdover clip from footage intended to be from after Blue Squadron drops off reinforcements, or from when the script had the scene play out differently, with different troops involved. However, as we are going off of the final product, this now indicates that there were indeed generic Yavin operations troopers that went in with the Rogue One crew, and thus, we must allow the vests and rifles to be incorporated into the costume as an optional accessory. It will still be distinct from the Scarif Marines, in that they don't wear the M1 helmets, reinforced heavy trousers, or the Scarif troopers unique boots/spats.

Personally, I think the guy without the vest should be an option on the Scarif Marine CS. He has the short version of the BlasTech A-300 rifle and a lot of other extra gear. He is only missing the vest. I also think that Corporal Maddel way of dressing in the book should be optional on the Scarif trooper. She has a vest, extra gear on the belt and a weapon. She is only missing the head gear. We can she her like that in the background when Cassian speaks with Draven before they leave for Jedha.

I think we should keep the Yavin Operations Tropper, Rouge One or how ever we are going to call them more distinctive from the Scarif marine by not permitting the extra gear, the vest or the head gear. So right now I see them like this.

CS Yavin Operations Trooper, Rouge One

Jacket:
-Grey-blue, brown, or olive heavy canvas jacket.
-Sleeves have blood stripe detail (printed, suede, embroidered, or similar) from shoulder to cuff. Darker brown, grey-blue, and olive jackets have tan stripes, and lighter brown jackets have darker brown stripes.
-Jacket has a mandarin collar with 6 lines of topstitching on the collar.
-The waistband also has 6 lines of topstitching.
-There are left and right breast pockets, with a flap on the left-hand pocket only. Pocket should have no visible securing snaps or buttons.
-Screen-accurate top stitching and pockets on the front and action pleat on the back of the shoulders.
-Screen-accurate compad inset above the left breast pocket.

Optional: Contrasting front yoke.

Pants:
-Khaki, Coyote or brown colored utility trousers with Cargo-style pockets along the outside of each leg, with top flap, and no visible closure buttons or snaps.
-Pant ankles should be worn tucked into boots/boot toppers.

Optional: Pants may have accurate padding sewn in to knees

Shirt:
-Long sleeved, tan, beige, coyote or middle brown shirt with a collar ending in two points.
-Front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides which (recommended) continue down to bottom of hem.
-Double rows of stitching (flat-felled or similar) in each seam is recommended.
-Optional back yoke.
-Worn tucked into the pants.

Belt:
PLCE belt in tan or olive. Belt closure should be roll pin-style or silver buckle with accurate greeblie.

Optional: silver screen-accurate energy pellets tucked into the loops on the belt.

Boots:
-Chelsea-style boot in brown or black leather (can be suede).
-No visible laces.
-Anklet-style cuff that matches boot color.

Optional:
-BlasTech DH-17 (Rogue One version) with carrying strap
-BlasTech A-300 blaster rifle with shoulder stalk, sniper barrel and with carrying strap.
The short version of the A-300 without a shoulder stock or barrel in not permitted.
The version with of the A-300 a shoulder stock and the thinner barrel is not permitted.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merc_with_a_Bryar wrote:
It will still be distinct from the Scarif Marines, in that they don't wear the M1 helmets, reinforced heavy trousers, or the Scarif troopers unique boots/spats.

I forgot to mention that it looks like the reinforced heavy trousers seen on the different Scarif Marines are the rule for everyone on Yavin that wears pants with cargo pockets. The only person that does not have them is Cassian when he is on Yavin 4 or Scarif. So his cargo pants without the knee reinforcements/padding is the exception and not the rule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: