Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=772ff4eb4efd41a19e56b588130f5ac2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Arena costume help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small update regarding the 3D modeling of the pouches, very busy weeks with TLJ release. So I've not been able to work on it as much as I wanted. However I started the modeling, but encountered a small problem, the software is not reacting as expected to the idea I had. I need another software to resolve that hopefully, but I can't install it before Christmas time Wink So during holidays I'll be able to work more on it.

Here is a glimpse on the right side pocket.

What do you think of the global shape and the shape of the "wave" ?
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:
Just a small update regarding the 3D modeling of the pouches, very busy weeks with TLJ release. So I've not been able to work on it as much as I wanted. However I started the modeling, but encountered a small problem, the software is not reacting as expected to the idea I had. I need another software to resolve that hopefully, but I can't install it before Christmas time Wink So during holidays I'll be able to work more on it.

Here is a glimpse on the right side pocket.

What do you think of the global shape and the shape of the "wave" ?

I may be wrong, but the top half seems to be too dramatic of a curve. Hers is slight and wings back out to the side when it's at the top too. But that part might not be coming through just yet on your software! It's looking good though and I'm excited for this to be an easy option for people
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum, I'm not sure to see what you mean. But note that the top part anyway is covered with the closing system that goes over it (the rectangle shape at the top for now, not modeled yet).
So do you have pictures to show what you claim (If I understood well), because then I don't see how you can know as this part is covered.

If anyone as some dimensions... I take them gladly as reference Smile To compare.
I took the bet for now that the belt is 5cm wide (2'') which is I think a regular size for belt like the grenade one for commandos. Does it seems good to you or shall it be 4 cm instead ?
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the photo I was looking at, but next to your file the curve actually doesn't look as bad as I thought!

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see what you mean, Bekah. The top keeps curving outwards and around the side instead of curving inwards at the top. Smile
But it's a good start.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Dark_Angel ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Does anyone know where to find the Padme Battle Arena base boots? I actually already have the shin guards...just can't seem to find good/accurate boots that are accurate.

Shari
Yumi ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, for mines I made them with leather and sew it to shoes with the good sole.
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Angel wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know where to find the Padme Battle Arena base boots? I actually already have the shin guards...just can't seem to find good/accurate boots that are accurate.

Shari

I bought these and cut the tops to make them the correct height.
https://www.target.com/p/women-s-journee-collection-charming-knee-high-riding-boots-stone-8/-/A-16226251

The shin guards cover the majority of the boot and the excess leather I had I used to cover the toe portion so it would all match.

In progress/planning: Marvel Comics Leia, Endor Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: