Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=61f5224ca97e9089f726db8d0e39e2b6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo holster rig for shorter people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinMark ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Han Solo holster rig for shorter people Reply with quote

I'm just starting to look into doing an ANH Han but I have one major concern. The holster rig and its fit on shorter folks. I've been looking at the Todd's Costumes rig and did a little back and forth emailing regarding the holster rig. According to them, the length of the rig (size 38 or 40) would be approximately 21in from the top of the "belt" portion of the rig to the bottom of the holster portion. Am I missing something here? That length would have the holster ending several inches BELOW my knee. Am I not understanding the fit of the rig or am I just too short and would have to go with a different maker or have one custom made to fit me? I'm 5ft 7 and, in my opinion, of regular leg to torso proportions for my height.
YunSolo92 ()

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following, cause that does seem really long...
FallenJedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to shorten my drop holster at bit. I simply added new snaps, wetting the leather and re-folded it over the front/back metal attachments. That raised it up a enough for a good fit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have redo the drop part of the holster to get it to your size. Snaps and rivets aren't too expensive and can easily be found a Michaels, Joanns, or Hobby Lobby. You'll probably have to drill out all the snaps. The leather I used on my holster is thick enough that I unable to slide it out of the drop hooks. Don't know if Todd uses thinner leather than I did. It can go one of two ways.

1) You'll be able to reuse the lower two holes as the new snap backings, and you'll just have to punch two new lower holes for the snap tops. That will raise the drop portion by a few inches, and hopefully that's enough.

2) You try the scenario above, but the curvature looks terrible. Now you'll have to also drill out the rivets that hold the holster portion to the drop leg portion. And you'll have to find matching leather, or unpainted/undyed leather and close enough coloring agent, in order to cut out a new drop leg portion while reusing the holster.
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! I do know that the Todd's rig does not have any adjustability for the drop portion of the holster.

However, if you look closely, Anovos' rig does have adjustments for that portion of the holster but it will cost twice as much and I don't know how much you will be able to adjust it as far as inches. Might try asking them...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: