Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9798fc66ea301d01c349d3d3b5d512a7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Costumes included in this subforum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Costumes included in this subforum Reply with quote

EDIT! This entire post has just been picked up and plugged into the Smuggler directory on our website where each character on the list will eventually have a link to an individual page full of customized resource links.

The future has arrived Smile

http://db94.rebellegion.com/?page_id=4222

Commanding Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment
2017/18: DXO DB94, BMO Freedom Base

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47

Last edited by coryphefish (Colleen J) on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
Caden_Horn ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Dash Rendar from Shadows of the Empire? Is there also an option for Generic Smugglars? A couple of other named Smugglars are;
Hylo Visz SWTOR
Gault Rennow
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caden_Horn wrote:
What about Dash Rendar from Shadows of the Empire? Is there also an option for Generic Smugglars? A couple of other named Smugglars are;
Hylo Visz SWTOR
Gault Rennow

I'm currently going by characters who have costume standards or at least build threads because if I listed every single smuggler I could think of, I'd miss some, and people would have issues with one or two, and now we're all arguing over a hypothetical costume that nobody's even building.

I would personally love to see each and every one of those costumes in this subforum though, so if anyone's thinking about starting a build thread, go for it!

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
~HK-47
horsegir48 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on adding Doctor Aphra to this list? She definitely fits the "scoundrel" description.
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 12 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horsegir48 wrote:
What are your thoughts on adding Doctor Aphra to this list? She definitely fits the "scoundrel" description.

Aphra is more complex and complicated character ... from certain point of view, and in my personal opinion, it could be considered by Rebel Legion as character for membership ... but in the end, it depends mainly on build topics and LMO ...
horsegir48 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:
horsegir48 wrote:

Aphra is more complex and complicated character ... from certain point of view, and in my personal opinion, it could be considered by Rebel Legion as character for membership ... but in the end, it depends mainly on build topics and LMO ...

If starting a build thread would help I can do that. I've already made one version of the costume and I'm planning some updates based on some of the more recent issues. I have plenty of reference images as well.
stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirax Terrick who has 2 costume standards should be on the list. Also as an FYI, the reference photos for xwing rogue squadron from comics are not what the description is on the rl website

you are also missing lando

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • MEB Membership Officer
  • Temple Master Tosche Temple Oct 2018 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State
XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any updates on if Doctor Aphra fits the smuglers?

I had my Doctor Aphra approved on 501st and was hoping She would be on Rebel Legion too

[IMG]https://imgur.com/k5FuZHC.gif[IMG]
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XilaleStrange wrote:

I had my Doctor Aphra approved on 501st and was hoping She would be on Rebel Legion too

I'm always down for organizing costume resources, so I'd love to welcome her into the detachment, but I'm not familiar enough with her character arc to have a strong opinion as to whether or not she's "good guy" enough.

If I was someone with an Aphra costume who felt strongly about getting her into RL, I'd make a "build thread" in the smuggler section, post photos of the costume, and list all her heroic traits and actions -- especially where she goes against the Empire. (For example, General Draven was Not Nice, but his strong Rebellion ties make it extremely unlikely that he'd ever be a 501st character. Edrio and Benthic Two Tubes, on the other hand, left the Rebellion to be Not Nice somewhere else, so that probably contributed to them being dual-Legion even though they still fight the Empire.)

Even if she doesn't get approved for RL right away, her character might go in a different direction in the future and keep the same costume, so your post will be a good foundation.

~HK-47
XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coryphefish wrote:
XilaleStrange wrote:

I'm always down for organizing costume resources, so I'd love to welcome her into the detachment, but I'm not familiar enough with her character arc to have a strong opinion as to whether or not she's "good guy" enough.

If I was someone with an Aphra costume who felt strongly about getting her into RL, I'd make a "build thread" in the smuggler section, post photos of the costume, and list all her heroic traits and actions -- especially where she goes against the Empire. (For example, General Draven was Not Nice, but his strong Rebellion ties make it extremely unlikely that he'd ever be a 501st character. Edrio and Benthic Two Tubes, on the other hand, left the Rebellion to be Not Nice somewhere else, so that probably contributed to them being dual-Legion even though they still fight the Empire.)

Even if she doesn't get approved for RL right away, her character might go in a different direction in the future and keep the same costume, so your post will be a good foundation.

Thank you só much

Ive created today the build thread and Will post more info on Aphra soon..
What should i do now?
Wait or apply

[IMG]https://imgur.com/k5FuZHC.gif[IMG]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: