Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f869b8a9ab912c90bd38c775891640b2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

build thread of Doctor Aphra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: build thread of Doctor Aphra Reply with quote

Hello there, lately i've been thinking if Doctor Aphra could be on RL

i posted a question about that this was my answer:
If I was someone with an Aphra costume who felt strongly about getting her into RL, I'd make a "build thread" in the smuggler section, post photos of the costume, and list all her heroic traits and actions -- especially where she goes against the Empire. (For example, General Draven was Not Nice, but his strong Rebellion ties make it extremely unlikely that he'd ever be a 501st character. Edrio and Benthic Two Tubes, on the other hand, left the Rebellion to be Not Nice somewhere else, so that probably contributed to them being dual-Legion even though they still fight the Empire.)

So here i am.
I have an approved 501st Doctor Aphra, i'll post here the photos and reference photos as well her traits and actions.

so here i am doing research for here =)

Work in Progress: Briefing Room Leia, Endor Comando Leia, and Jedi Leia.
XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the 501st costume standards about the costume i have :

Goggles
The goggles are round in shape.
The frames of the goggles are a dark red and match the color of the vest.
The strap should be black or burgundy and are ¾ inch wide.
The goggles are worn on top of the costumer’s head and above the cap, even with the hairline.

Aviator Cap
The aviator cap is light tan and made from leather or a leather like material
The cap fits snug on the costumer’s head.
A padded, circular shape sits on either side of the head over the ears with visible stitching around the edge where they connect to the cap.
The chin strap should have a functional buckle and is worn unbuckled.
The strap should hang no lower than the collar bone.

Outerwear
The vest is dark red and made from a medium weight fabric with no visible closures.
The back of the vest ends at the costumers back arch.
The angle change is even with the bottom of the split of the shirt.
The vest is worn open with an approximately 4 inch gap between the two sides.

Shirt
The shirt is a light to medium weight natural fiber.
The shirt sleeves end at the costumers upper bicep.
The collar is popped.
Color can be white or off-white.

Trousers
The pants should be plain denim and tight-fitting .
Color is gray or steel-blue.

Gloves
Gloves are black, wrist-length, made with a leather or leather like material.
Fingerless and cut off above the finger joint.
The top side of the gloves have a rectangular red patch on the back made from similar material to the gloves.

Belt and Holster
The belt is made from plain brown leather and is 2 inches wide.
The plain silver buckle is octangular and wide. The buckle sits flush with the belt and is 3 inches long, the buckle can be up to 1/4 of an inch wider than the belt itself.
The holster is made from the same plain brown leather. There is one narrow strap to secure the blaster with a circular, silver snap to attach it.
Two brown straps secure the holster to the belt and run to the buckle and the back-center of the belt respectively.

Boots
The boots are black with low heels of an inch or less.
No buckles or laces are visible.
Zippers are permitted on the insides.
The boots are knee-high in height.

Right Arm Tattoo
Tattoos (via sleeve, make-up, or otherwise) mimicking Aphra’s circuitry design in black and is located on the right arm.
The designs are an assortment of straight lines which end in circles with a dot in the center
The lines and circles are of equal width and should be no wider than half a centimeter.

Hair
Hair is black and shaggy.
Hair is loose beneath the cap.
Hair is no longer than the collarbone in the front.
Hair is shoulder blade length in the back.
Shaggy unkempt bangs hang from the front of the aviator cap and arch to the right.

XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my costume:
IMGP2292 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMGP2307 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMGP2318 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMGP2321 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some reference pics:
tumblr_inline_nwlhkorHDY1r65vum_500 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

STWVADER2015008_VAR_SALVA by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

mDneYIq by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

fb91faa86a199ad78ad73ca0e8a7e490 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

abbf790596db115343b1fbb9b8b2e9da--doctor-aphra-circuit by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

27555862442_e56a4f1c48_o by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

7c07be8f3e4a74ca60c4051ff4ab59e0 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

6ed14221a6ae5b320f34a77aebf29a46 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wip:
i did the hat, and vest myself.
bough the goggles and paint them, the gloves i added the red rectangle
grey trousers, white polo, black boots, and my own hair.

29541371_10215646003328072_7394510778226704384_o by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

29542851_10215646002888061_1789060690049236992_o by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20180330_153217 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20180330_153404 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20180331_210128 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20180402_124059 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20180216_153551 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20180405_115542 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20180404_145705 (1) by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20180410_204844 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now i'm going to research everything about her...to try understand if she could be on RL

- She started on th Darth Vader series, she’s another strong female protagonist but she’s also very different from Rey and Jyn. She’s not exactly the altruistic hero but she’s not evil either. She’s independent in the sense that she holds no allegiance to the Rebels or the Empire.
Aphra herself is an archaeologist, and in the first issue she comes across her Jedi-obsessed estranged father.
she has 2 droids, BT-1 and Triple Zero, they are assassins, the relishes killing and torturing fleshy beings. but Aphra always keeps them in check so that they dont kill anyone

http://www.geekexchange.com/lists/doctor-aphra-5-reasons-you-should-be-reading/

- Part of that fun is that she, by her very nature, illustrates a moral complexity somewhat unusual in Star Wars. Aphra is very clearly not a hero, nor even a good person — something demonstrated when she clashes with the Rebellion in issues of Star Wars — but she's not exactly a villain, either, despite being allied with the Empire. Think of her as an archaeologist version of the bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back, perhaps.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-who-is-doctor-938244

- in some comics, she formed an alliance with Luke, Leia and Sana.
"While Aphra is something of a genius in her own right, her ability to think on her toes is what has kept her alive in situations where she was less than brilliant. She’s managed to stay alive on more than one occasion when Vader felt his use for her had ended, but it isn’t just her fast-talking that has set Aphra ahead. Aphra’s knack for droid repair most recently came in handy while she was escaping an attack on Sunspot Prison alongside Princess Leia and Sana Starros. After forming a tense alliance with the two — and an especially tense one with Sana, who Aphra shares an interesting past with — Aphra’s quick fix to a security droid provided the trio a way out, while the droid took out their attackers. While Aphra might have sooner left her newfound allies behind (they were, after all, her captors) her own personal genius saved her own skin for just a little longer."

https://www.starwars.com/news/5-reasons-doctor-aphra-is-dominating-marvels-star-wars-universe

“Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel” - Luke's partner
https://www.cbr.com/luke-skywalker-doctor-aphra-marvel-star-wars-crossover-screaming-citadel/

in this issue "THE QUEENS HUNGRY HANDS IN DOCTOR APHRA #7"
"Luke and Aphra were on the run from the Queen’s monsters as Han, Leia and Sana have come to the rescue, thinking Luke was kidnapped by the infamous archaeologist.
While checking if all the exits are sealed, Luke questions why Aphra would be on the side of the Empire. She explains that her mother was killed during the Clone Wars and that although the Empire isn’t perfect, it keeps people safe. For ordinary people, any peace is better than war. Luke reiterates that Aphra really is like Han and not that bad underneath. Aphra, on the other hand, believes that Luke has lead a sheltered life, until he reveals to her that Empire killed his family.
They are completely different and yet you cannot take your eyes off the page when they are together on it. It is clear that Luke’s earnestness is slowly affecting Aphra, though she is trying really, really hard to avoid it. I am really enjoying this aspect of the comic, and I think it was a great decision to pair these two up. Additionally, Sana's presence and their history together also have an effect on Aphra - she hides the fact that she used Sana to find the Rebels."

https://thecantina.starwarsnewsnet.com/index.php?threads/luke-and-han-in-the-queens-hungry-hands-in-doctor-aphra-7.12148/

She betrays Vader several times and lives, but ultimatly Vader kills her by air lock

XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in this website has a lot of info on Aphra journey http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chelli_Lona_Aphra#cite_note-Doctor_Aphra_2-7

in the comic : Star Wars 18: Rebel Jail, Part III
she was part of the Rebel Alliance

"It is a period of renewed hope for the Rebellion.
Rebel Heroes Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and
Princess Leia have captured Darth Vader's ally,
droid expert Dr. Aphra, to obtain Imperial
information.

While the Princess is securing Dr. Aphra at
Sunspot Prison, an unknown attacker assumes
control of the facility and begins eliminating the
prisoners. Elsewhere, Luke and Han have taken
a nerf smuggling job in order to regain the
Alliance funds Han lost gambling.

Back at the prison, Leia and Sana Starros have
forged an alliance with Dr. Aphra to take down
the prison's mysterious invader - an enemy who
may not be so mysterious after all"

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 14.36.31 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God day! Nice job though Aphra is a 501st costume.

I am Dawn Bright LMO of the 501st Legion.

I was the main CRL writer and researcher for the Three Dr. Aphra CRLS the 501st released. I read (over and over) the comics and researched the costumes. After deliberation the costume is not seen as a good guy or a hero/

here is the CRL please feel free to apply with your local garrison! Very Happy

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:DZ_Doctor_Aphra_Red_Vest_A

This costume is the 501st version. I have personally read all the comics and while she is kinda grey in later episodes shes still kinda a bad person o.o.

This costume you made is from when she personally works for Darth Vader

LCJ / GML - LMO 501st Legion - ALMO Rebel Legion

Last edited by Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright) on Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XilaleStrange wrote:
and now i'm going to research everything about her...to try understand if she could be on RL

- She started on th Darth Vader series, she’s another strong female protagonist but she’s also very different from Rey and Jyn. She’s not exactly the altruistic hero but she’s not evil either. She’s independent in the sense that she holds no allegiance to the Rebels or the Empire.
Aphra herself is an archaeologist, and in the first issue she comes across her Jedi-obsessed estranged father.
she has 2 droids, BT-1 and Triple Zero, they are assassins, the relishes killing and torturing fleshy beings. but Aphra always keeps them in check so that they dont kill anyone

- Part of that fun is that she, by her very nature, illustrates a moral complexity somewhat unusual in Star Wars. Aphra is very clearly not a hero, nor even a good person — something demonstrated when she clashes with the Rebellion in issues of Star Wars — but she's not exactly a villain, either, despite being allied with the Empire. Think of her as an archaeologist version of the bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back, perhaps.

"While Aphra is something of a genius in her own right, her ability to think on her toes is what has kept her alive in situations where she was less than brilliant. She’s managed to stay alive on more than one occasion when Vader felt his use for her had ended, but it isn’t just her fast-talking that has set Aphra ahead. Aphra’s knack for droid repair most recently came in handy while she was escaping an attack on Sunspot Prison alongside Princess Leia and Sana Starros. After forming a tense alliance with the two — and an especially tense one with Sana, who Aphra shares an interesting past with — Aphra’s quick fix to a security droid provided the trio a way out, while the droid took out their attackers. While Aphra might have sooner left her newfound allies behind (they were, after all, her captors) her own personal genius saved her own skin for just a little longer."

https://www.starwars.com/news/5-reasons-doctor-aphra-is-dominating-marvels-star-wars-universe

https://www.cbr.com/luke-skywalker-doctor-aphra-marvel-star-wars-crossover-screaming-citadel/

"Luke and Aphra were on the run from the Queen’s monsters as Han, Leia and Sana have come to the rescue, thinking Luke was kidnapped by the infamous archaeologist.
While checking if all the exits are sealed, Luke questions why Aphra would be on the side of the Empire. She explains that her mother was killed during the Clone Wars and that although the Empire isn’t perfect, it keeps people safe. For ordinary people, any peace is better than war. Luke reiterates that Aphra really is like Han and not that bad underneath. Aphra, on the other hand, believes that Luke has lead a sheltered life, until he reveals to her that Empire killed his family.
They are completely different and yet you cannot take your eyes off the page when they are together on it. It is clear that Luke’s earnestness is slowly affecting Aphra, though she is trying really, really hard to avoid it. I am really enjoying this aspect of the comic, and I think it was a great decision to pair these two up. Additionally, Sana's presence and their history together also have an effect on Aphra - she hides the fact that she used Sana to find the Rebels."

https://thecantina.starwarsnewsnet.com/index.php?threads/luke-and-han-in-the-queens-hungry-hands-in-doctor-aphra-7.12148/

She betrays Vader several times and lives, but ultimatly Vader kills her by air lock

The thing is. this isnt that costume. Smile Hope that helps!

XilaleStrange (Priscila)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylo Ren wrote:
XilaleStrange wrote:

The thing is. this isnt that costume. Smile Hope that helps!

Well i know that, i was just wondering, this was just my research on the character..but thank you anyway 😊

Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy If she does end up in a good guy costume please do not hesitate to make that one and reapply. you have done a great job from what I can see!
Hey at least its approvable somewhere Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: