Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b1a2aa2725112e24b0b327b813526ef8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ALL READ: New/Unfinished Costume Standards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken'Sa Tansuri (Sam Tanksley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, are there any plans for adding turbans to any of the costumes? Will they be allowed? I am fair skinned and have a problem with thin/no hair on the top of my head, and a hood will not stay in place. The hood also restricts visibility. A turban keeps the hood in place, and is in itself a good non-hat protection from the sun. Some religions even require turbans. So, for your consideration, is there any way we can get approval for turbans into the new costume guide? Some head cover is needed for us sun cancer prone individuals that live in sunny climes. Thanks for your consideration.
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken'Sa Tansuri wrote:
Just wondering, are there any plans for adding turbans to any of the costumes? Will they be allowed? I am fair skinned and have a problem with thin/no hair on the top of my head, and a hood will not stay in place. The hood also restricts visibility. A turban keeps the hood in place, and is in itself a good non-hat protection from the sun. Some religions even require turbans. So, for your consideration, is there any way we can get approval for turbans into the new costume guide? Some head cover is needed for us sun cancer prone individuals that live in sunny climes. Thanks for your consideration.

Hello Sam, how are you?

It is very interesting your proposal and comment. I am going to communicate it to the other Detachments and Membership to see if we can consider it. The reason is very important.

Thank you very much for letting us know!

May the force be with you!
•Detachment CO - KJO 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2016
•Detachment CO - KJO 2015 - 16
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment CO - KJO 2014-15
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: General Leia Crait costume Reply with quote

Eurobikegirl wrote:
I have a library of photos, including interior garment photos and good shoe photos for the Crait costume for General Leia.
I am waiting on the museum to get me the last textile info, and I'll have a complete and well-researched library of the garment (including a study build). Whom do I speak with to put a standard together that includes a photo library?

Hello Eurobikegirl , how are you?

I am going to communicate it to the other Detachments and Membership to see it. It is a great imput.

Thank you very much for letting us know!

May the force be with you!
•Detachment CO - KJO 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2016
•Detachment CO - KJO 2015 - 16
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment CO - KJO 2014-15
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
LessThan12 ()

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Han Solo Episode V Battlefront Addition Reply with quote

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, but would it be possible to get a Battlefront costume standard added to Han Solo's Episode V costume standard? This would allow Han Solo Episode V costumers to carry the ANH version of his DL-44 with the outfit instead of the ESB version if they so choose. han solo Falcon
Christina (Christina Rotsaert)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Taun-Taun Hoth Luke Costume Standard Revision Request Reply with quote

There is a 'standard' for Taun-Taun Hoth Gear Luke Skywalker, however, I'd like to submit a revision. I'll post up both the original and the revision requested below with explanations and references.

Taun-Taun Hoth Gear
Required Items:
1. Light brown quilted vest with large padded collar (portion above the belt line should be padded or insulated to appear puffy). Also has topstitching detail, and fastens down the centre front with velcro
2. Quilted shirt with white sleeves & quilted gray padded shoulders, pocket on upper right sleeve.
3. Light gray pants with quilted patches at the knees
4. White cap with gray trim (same style as Imp Officer cap)and quilted ear flap
5. Metallic comm box with antenna on ear flap
6. Brown scarf around cap (should be Terry cloth or fleece)
7. White rimmed ski goggles with yellow lenses
8. Gray suede boots with suede wraps around them and 3 white straps.
9. Brown leather belt same as Bespin/Dagobah holster
10. Button Pad on left breast of jacket
11. Light gray gauntlet style suede gloves with com link on left wrist
12. Lightsaber (Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back version)

Revisions:
2. In addition it should list on the right should is the Rank Colour Block Patch above the pocket.

It's clearly seen when Luke is on the Taun-Taun.

Here's a close of detail of it from the Star Wars Costumes, The Original Trilogy book.

7. There certainly looks like two different colour lenses used in the ski googles. the on-screen lenses actually look much more green in hue then the yellow that is the current standard. There are photos that show yellow lenses and green lenses. It's interesting the photos with yellow lenses seem to be stage production or promo photos.

Green lens:

Green lens:

Yellow lens:

I think the standard should be updated to yellow or green lenses.

10. In addition to the button pad on the left breast pocket on the vest there should also be the Rebel Command Rank Insignia Badge for the Commander on the upper right shoulder at the edge of the vest.

He has the Badge when he's on the Taun-Taun.

Still has it after he's captured and hanging in the Wampa's cave.

And still has it after fighting the Wampa.

There is also a promo photo showing the Badge on the vest.

Thanks,
Christina
Christina (Christina Rotsaert)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Snow speeder/X-Wing Pilot Costume Standard Revision request Reply with quote

There is a 'standard' for Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder / X-Wing Pilot in ESB, however, I'd like to submit a revision. I'll post up both the original and the revision requested below with explanations and references.

Required Items:

1. Orange flight suit with altered collar
2. Orange flight jacket with rank insignia on LH pocket, puffy collar, zip front , hip level length, & ribbed sleeves.
3. Leg flares
4. Brown holster with octagonal buckle with leg strap around right leg.
5. Lightsaber D-ring hook on front of belt so lightsaber hangs down front of left leg & either 2 or 3 regular pouches.
6. White flak vest with ribbing
7. Grey chest box with grey hose OR aviation hose and appropriate decoration (buttons, pin stripes etc.)
8. X-Wing helmet with Luke’s decals
9. White/off white leather gloves with suede gauntlets and Comm Pad on left wrist
10. Leg pockets on coveralls
11. Gray suede boots with suede wraps around them and 3 white straps.

Revisions:

2. It is listed the Flight jacket has a zip front but it is a velcro closure on the front of the jacket. It is noted in Star Wars Costumes, The Original Trilogy book that the jacket has a Velcro front closure.

You can see at the top of the collar the Velcro.

6. Flax Vest, Luke's vest. It should be noted it is also worn backwards from the X-wing vest and there are two additions added on Luke's vest over the standard Snowspeeder Pilots vests.

First, There are 2 rivets/washers on each of the shoulder straps on the 3rd row of stitching up from the top of the vest.

Second, There are 2 metal hooks between the 1st and 2nd row of ribbing on the vest. These appear to be the same size metal hook used on the belt to hold the lightsaber. You can see the lightsaber hook here in comparison to the vest hooks.

And a standard Snowspeeder pilot without the extra vest details.

12. There should also be added that Luke is wearing the Off-white/Beige balaclava or cloth-covered soft helmet.

You can see Luke is wearing the cap in both these photos on Hoth sequences.

A side note the cap is absent when he is on Dagobah when he takes his helmet off when exiting the X-Wing after he's crashed.

Thanks,
Christina
kwinchell (Katherine)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the place to propose new costume standards? It looks like it has been used for that before, but the thread has been archived and I know that it doesn't contain a lot of standards that have been recently proposed.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically they start in the relevant detachment forum these days.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS -> Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: