Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5e3f7af43baf1bd8eb110243af5b01a0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Proposed Rogue One generic signals intelligence technician
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Rogue One, the shirt has a yoke. That means that the shoulder area is made out of a second piece of fabric, which is often made of two layers. Most dress shirts are made that way. Since not all shirt patterns have the yoke and due to the fact it is more complicated to sew it is optional.

I added some photos and links for a better explanation.

Screen caps from Rogue One:

Possible patterns:

Explanation what a yoke is.
https://artofstyle.club/yokes-on-dress-shirts/
http://propercloth.com/reference/dress-shirts-split-yoke-vs-one-piece-yoke/

How to sew a yoke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSnFBdiKq3o
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that I completely forgot to mention that the shirt sleeves do not have cuffs.

I updated the text about the shirt to stay more consistant with the Yavin Operations Trooper CS and the Yavin Operations Officer CS.

Proposed Rogue One generic signals intelligence technician

REQUIRED ITEMS
1. Shirt:
-Long sleeved tan, khaki, beige or coyote colored shirt with a collar ending in two points.
-Front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides. The bottom seam of the bib is two to three inches above the belt line.
-Double rows of stitching (flat-felled or similar) in each seam is recommended.
-Optional back yoke.
-Worn tucked into the pants.
- The sleeves of the shirt do not have cuffs

2. Pants:
BDU-style pants in chocolate brown or khaki with cargo pocket on each outer thigh. Pants may have accurate padding sewn in to knees. Pant legs are worn inside the boots.

3. Belt:
Tan/Khaki/Coyote brown colored web belt with roll-pin buckle. A British PLCE roll pin belt, which is worn inside out, is the most accurate belt. The belt contains 5 (five) vertical loops for mini-flares on both sides. The mini-flares are made of metal or other materials that, when finished, have a metallic silver appearance.

4. Boots:
Chelsea-style boots in brown or black leather. No visible laces.

5. Anklet-style cuff:
An anklet style cuff. The cuff should have the same color as the boots. The right cuff has two silver colors cylinders. The cylinders can be made of metal, wood or plastic.

OPTIONAL ITEM
1. Accurate headset
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if we could finalize this CS and put it up for vote soon?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reply in six days?! I guess there is not much interest in creating this CS and getting it online. That is kind of sad. Personally, I think this is the perfect costume for newbies as a starting point while working their way through the Yavin Operations Trooper and/or Yavin Operations Officer before they can make a Scarif Marine. Not everybody has the money, skills and/or budget to make a Scarif Marine from the beginning or wants to start as a RFT. Finding the boots can be a challenge for some people. I for instance get headaches from wearing my RFT helmet. I was also looking for a costume that is not as hot as my other costumes in the summer due to the fact that is has less layers.
Movark (Ethan Baker)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d certainty vote for the standard. And even if there is little initial interest, it can’t hurt to have additional standards available for people who’re interested at a later date.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote for a standard as well.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to see that there is some interest in this CS. Does some see anything that needs to be altered or is it OK the way it is?
jthatcher (Jim Thatcher)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PArmstr wrote:
No reply in six days?! I guess there is not much interest in creating this CS and getting it online. That is kind of sad. Personally, I think this is the perfect costume for newbies as a starting point while working their way through the Yavin Operations Trooper and/or Yavin Operations Officer before they can make a Scarif Marine. Not everybody has the money, skills and/or budget to make a Scarif Marine from the beginning or wants to start as a RFT. Finding the boots can be a challenge for some people. I for instance get headaches from wearing my RFT helmet. I was also looking for a costume that is not as hot as my other costumes in the summer due to the fact that is has less layers.

Apologies, I have been away from my computer for most of last week so I haven't been able to keep up on the happenings in the forum much. It looks like this standard is ready for a vote so I'll work on getting that started.

Jim Thatcher
Mos Espa BMO
R.A.I.D. Endor Commando, Rebel Marine (Scarif) - 307th Desert Rats
C.O.R. Captain Rex - Anooba Squad
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already voted yes on the poll, but a thought occurred: re the "mini-flares" these are not simple metal rods like the OT pilots had, these are known to be specific air compressor hose fittings. Should any reference to that fact be included?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CS only says "The belt contains 5 (five) vertical loops for mini-flares on both sides. The mini-flares are made of metal or other materials that, when finished, have a metallic silver appearance." It does not say OT style mini-flares and it also does not say air compressor hose fittings. If you look at the screen caps it is very difficult to see what the signals intelligence technician have on their belts. Due to that we should not limit the type of flares used. The air compressor hose fittings that were used on many Rogue One costumes or OT syle mini-flares should both be possible options.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PArmstr wrote:
The CS only says "The belt contains 5 (five) vertical loops for mini-flares on both sides. The mini-flares are made of metal or other materials that, when finished, have a metallic silver appearance." It does not say OT style mini-flares and it also does not say air compressor hose fittings. If you look at the screen caps it is very difficult to see what the signals intelligence technician have on their belts. Due to that we should not limit the type of flares used. The air compressor hose fittings that were used on many Rogue One costumes or OT syle mini-flares should both be possible options.

It doesn't bother me either way; I was just noting that the photos, blurry as they are, at least some look clear enough to me that they're the R1-style hose fittings that were used everywhere else.
Base Membership Officer

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the anklet?

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'nott sH'urr wrote:
What is the anklet?

Thet've been calling the gaiters "anklets"

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

XO- HMS Hexapuma, Captain (jg) TRMN

Ordained Priest, Church of the Latter Day Dude
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha! thanks Chuck. I started looking for shoes today.
I got me some ginormous landing gear, so we will see, but I do like this. If I can find---and AFFORD---the boots I will do this.

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: