Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e315104120abe4e3c46af0fab550b993Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Another Leia boot post...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katt ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Another Leia boot post... Reply with quote

Pasted from LoL post, sorry if you’ve already seen...

My custom Leia boots arrived today from cosplay668 on eBay. For about $60 Australian, they’re not bad. They were made and posted very quickly. However, fit is a bit off (yet to double check with measuring tape but see legs comparatively for idea of space, definitely too tight/short internally), but stitching looks reasonable and finish is average (eg some kind of brown tape over black sole). They’ve gone to the effort of hiding zipper with Velcro closure along the back, which is good.

The big question... would they pass RL? If so I’ll look at getting the errors rectified but if not won’t bother.

Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

based on that singe picture it is not really possible to say that they would or would not pass as not all of the boot is visible.

From what I can see the top opening looks very lose on you and I wish the heel was not so distinct but the heel is my own preference

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-present)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge

Photos by Robbins Studios
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

** just to clarify we should also be able to see the outer side and the back to determine any recommended or required fixes to the boots

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)

Katt ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more angles. The back velcroes together.

Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest concern is how loose it seems to be at the top and the heel but I asked Blue (another judge) to weigh in and give her two cents

Katt ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. The measurements I gave were about an inch bigger than my calf circumference to allow wiggle room and to tuck in pants/gun for Jedi Leia, but they were made bigger again than the measurements provided there, and smaller everywhere else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: