Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fd6198fa4dc7f5f857e17d9f2f317e7eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Flemish Generic Resistance Pilot Project ... W.I.P.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A1. Chest Box
Started to prepare the chest box, it,s 3D printed, but the box didn't fit in the whole, so i had to sand.

- - - - -

... bought today this meter, for the belt clip. I could order a belt clip, but to be honest, it's cheaper this way.
- - - - -
Sunday 10 June 2018

... put the belt clip on the chestbox. And sanded the center, i think someting went wrong during printing, the center box didn't fit, had a lot issues to get it straight as possible.
Next step, go to Kortrijk for a green led > pre-install > paint (primer, color, varnish). + hose.
- - - - -
To avoid an explosionn, i order today (Monday 11 June 2018) this ...

... to put in the chestbox.
- - - - -
Tue 12 May 2018, put the chestbox for the first time in primer, to see if i will need filler. 3D prints are cool, but an hell to paint ...

... and it will need filler.
- - - - -
Sat 16 May 2018,first spray putty + sanding, then expoy primer + sanding ... and start to paint.

Centerbox, spray putty + sanding + expoy primer + primer + painte + varnish ...

- - - - -
Sat 23 May 2018 ... the weathering + varnishing

And now waiting for the led light stuff.
- - - - -
Wed. 4 Juli 2018 ... back in business the led has arrived today.

started to make a whole on the back of the chestbox to place the battey holder/led, my advice, on thingiverse you can find hollow 3D chestbox, but i continue with what i have.

it fits, now clean up and shorten the cable.
Jut like Kiss screams "rock and roll"
- - - - -
Sat. 14 July 2018 ... still busy with the build.

... to install the led, i have to wait until i have the tools back, lent them.
- - - - -
Sat. 21 July 2018 ... tools back.

... fixed the led, by making the wires shorter, and put an on/off button. glue everything in the chest box, and put backplate on it, and clean the box.

... and the chest box is ready.
- - - - -

'appy'appy
joy joy
another chapter of this build finito.

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:27 pm; edited 9 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Shoes/Boots.
Thu 7 June 2018 ...

... started to adjust the boots, cut of the calf. I watched many pictures, and notice the size of Poe's boot, so i went to a shoemaker he will remove a little bit more, sew. The shiny think on the heel, will be removed and replaced with something black.
- - - - -

Sat 16 June 2018 ... i went to the shoemaker, to see the progress. He wasn't ready, he still had to begin with it. Wednesday 20 June 2018, will they be ready.
- - - - -
Wednesday 28 June 2018 ... last week, he was not ready + he didn't follow the direction i told him to do. I had explain everything with hands and feets, and pictures. He cutted the calf 2cm shorter, and insted sewing a black p-leather piece over the shiny heel, he put some ugly fabric over it, with an horrible stitching. He had to remove that fabric + ugly stiching, from the heel and could wistle after his money. No More Mr. Nice Guy (Alice Cooper).
I decided to do it myself, like a real Straight Edge/Hardore dude would do (thanks Ian MacKaye for the teachin).

First i sanded (sandpaper 400) but very carefully, so that i don't damage the heel of the boot, it was the last one size 46 i found. Than with some oldschool black alcohol markers i colored the heels, then with black lack marker, and then with black ink. Each time when i colored, i wipe with a piece of cloth and let the ink dry out, and finishe with varnish. And wonderfully it worked.

cross the fingers and pray to the gods of walhalla it stays like this.
And, so i finished another part of this build.
- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J2. Bandolier.

Collecting the gear, to make the bandolier.
- Straps, i bought case straps from Action for less than 2 Euro, it's lot cheaper than order it fron Strapworks.
- Thread/Velcro ... are from Veritas.
Still need ... screws + rings.
- - - - -
Sunday 10 June 2018
Started the preparation of the straps, first made an cut template.

Cut straps, and with a lighter i burn the cutting thread.

Cut velcro.

Prepare for the screw wholes, to attach the flares.

- - - - -
Sat. 16 June 2018, continue with the mis-en-place for sewing the bandolier. So that Laysay doesn't loose time by fishing out how what works.

I used 4mm revits (Viva Naaiatelier, Ieper), 3mm screws/rings/nuts (Euroshop, Roeselare). Also i am blessed with a dad with a huge tool collection.
- - - - -
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A2. Hose
About the hose ... with help of Rebel Legion Pilots, i found out the origin of this hose, that it's used for boats. 20MM UNREINFORCED FLEXIBLE FUEL FILLER HOSE ... it's available in the U.K. i contacted a few times the shop, but they didn't answer.
- - - - -
Friday 22 June 2018

Went to pick up the final part, for this part of the build, it,s a 3D print of the hose adapter. I also painted the details on the chestbox, next step is the weathering, and waiting for the led.
- - - - -
Sat. 23 June 2018 ... the hose. Believe it or not, but i will have an accurate one. For those who knows me, i have health issues, and during summertime, i go often to Nieuwpoort for oxygen therapy, and while i am there i go to the beach.

I know a fisherman (don't worry i am still a vegetarian, i don't eat fish), and with a picture i went asking if he knew this hose, and he knew that part.
Today, around noon i got an e-mail from him, where i can order a hose. So in the near future (i hope) to recieve the hose.
But in the meanwhile enough stuff to do ... started to adjust 3D hose adapter, putty / primer and ready to paint.

- - - - -
Sunday 24 June 2018 ...

... it's painted / some weathering and varnishing. And now waiting for the hose.
- - - - -
Today (Friday 29 June 2018), i went to pick up the hose (TUBANO Radiator Hoses). And made it chestbox ready.

another part is ready.
- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Mawee ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Flemish Generic Resistance Pilot Project ... W.I.P. Reply with quote

Don’t they have gift cards or credit cards you can load and use that pay pal that way. Or find someone you know and trust. See if they have pay pal. And ask them if you give them money and put it in their pay pal and send it to you that way.

xSchmitterSx wrote:
The last 2 weeks, after ending my winter project 2017/2018. I put the jelly-fish between me 2 ears at work. And suddenly: tjing tjing tjing tjing

(Winter project 2017/2018, third upgrade of the vitrine cupboard) Poe Dameron figure ... why not a modern Rebel euh Resistance Pilot.
- - - - -
I will not rush this, upcoming time do research where i can find what i need.
And, i will have ask for help ... because lot of this stuff is PayPal payments. I can't have an PayPal account, i tested a while ago. The moment i wanted to pay with PayPal, they asked to link my PayPal with a Visa/Mastercard, i'm not allowed to have a Visa or Mastercard. So i will need help for collecting stuff.
- - - - -
But first the research ...

A. Chest Box + Hoose.
B. Glie-44 + Holster (option).
C. Glooves.
D. Leg Straps.
E. Shoes / Boots.
F. Flight Vest.
G. Dark Orange Flightsuit
H. Helmet (option)
I. Ejection Harnass
J. Signal Flares + Bandolier
... lucky me, some Jek Porkins shape to in the new era.
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress Project Update
A1. Chest Box < ready
A2. Hose < ready
B1. Glie-44 (option) < ready
B2. Holster (option) < ready
C. Gloves < ready
D. Leg Straps
E. Boots < ready
F1. Flight Vest
F2. Chest Plate
F3. Pouch
G. Dark Orange Flightsuit
H. Helmet (option) < ready
I. Ejection Harnass < ready
J1. Signal Flares < ready
J2. Bandolier < w.i.p. - at Laysay's place ready to sew
X. Blue Rankbadge < ready
X. Red Rankbadge < ready
X. Coded Com Link < ready
- - - - -
updated: Sat 21 July 2018

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:33 pm; edited 7 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mawee ...

... thank you for your advice.

I life in a weird country, Belgium. Thanks, to our 6 governments, we have complex laws.

Since a while, i got permittion for an social worker, to have a Pre-Paid Mastercard.

To open a PayPal account in Belgium, i need to have a Visa/Mastercard, something to do with safeguard/guarentee.

And, i am happy that Etsy accept Pre-Paid Mastercard.
I need to order few more items, but i have to wait until those items are back in stock.

Let's say i'm almost finished with the build of the accesoires. Then i have first safe money for the build of the soft parts. For this i will need ask help ... but i will wait until the moment is their.

- - - - -

In the hope Trump and our politicians, stop with bullying us with customs/import costs.
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. Ejection Harnass.
Order: Saturday 2 June 2018
Recieved: Monday 18 June 2018

xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K. Extra ...
This is totally not needed, but just as an extra item and fun.
Order: Monday 18 June 2018
Recieved: Friday 13 July 2018

... Coded Comlink that Poe used, and with it Electro Shock Prod. to poke Jedi,s with it.
- - - - -
Sat. 14 July 2018

... prepare + primer + paint the parts

... comlink, painted / weathered / varnished, and ready.

... Electro Shocl Prod., ready to install the leds, as soon i have the tools back that i lent out.
- - - - -
Sunday 29 July 2018

... bought this set at Euroshop (Roeselare, Belgium), it was in large discount (Solden). The luxery is i have only to change the leds, and make the wires shorter.
- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do ...

- Finish the chestbox (install led), as soon i have my tools back, that i lent out.
- Finish Electro Shock Prod. (install led), as soon i have my tools back, that i lent out.
- Finish leg bandolier ... it's ready to sew.

+ search for helping hands, for the measurments for the flight suit / flight vest.
Mawee ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colors you used on that chest box for the colors?
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Mawee ...

For primer, i always start with this:

... this is an epoxy primer / Grey from Color Matic (= Motip).

This epoxy primer, bound with any type of plastic.
Sometimes props are made with different types of plastic, and then it's always an issue to find the correct primer/paint that stays on the object.

My opinion ... it sprays super, and dry's/hard fast.

... then i use this primer/grey, from Motip number: 04054

Center Box (is where the green light goes) paint ...

... black bumberspray, from Motip

... for the buttons, Autolack Acryl white, number 45841

... for the disc, Autolack Acryl silver/grey, number 55270

... varnished, with Clear Varnish (mat), from Motip.

The center box, i didn't weather it.

The chest box paint :

... i painted it first black, with the black bumperspray from Motip. Once good dry + harded, taped the black parts, and spray it white with Autolack Acryl number 45841.

But there is an easy'r way ... spray the box first white, and the parts that needed to be black, use a blackmarker. When i had painted it white, there are always bits of white that got under the tape.

Soi i used this black marker to hide those white bits.

... Staedtler permanant / lumocolor. You have them in different thickness.
My advice, paint the box white, and once the white paint is hard/dray use this black marker to black what needed to be black. It will go faster and no struggling with tape.

For the buttons i used this:

... blue matt 109 from Humbrol / Enamel
... grey matt 27 from Humbrol / Enamel.

If you want to weather, let everything dry / hard out, before you weather, and put few layers varnish over it.

If you want to have a clean box. Put few layers varnish over it and ready for use:

For the weathering, i mixed Dreft (dishwas soap) + water + black bumperspray. Dipped a cloth in the mix. And sprinkled over the chest box (without the centerbox in).

Took a clean paper towel and wipe softly with a dipping move, from the inside to the outside.

Then i took sticker remover from HG dipped a piece of cloth in it, and wipe the box with it, and then varnished the box.

But, if you want a clean box, so skip the weathering part, and just varnished once painted.
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to save money, go to bodywork (cars/bikes) sometimes they have left overs. Or if you have friends/family with left overs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: