Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=69de50475d3e4d7af32713ae1d14865fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blue squadron build in progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kapanase (Kelly Gleine)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Blue squadron build in progress Reply with quote

Hi! So I have progress on the flight suit Iím making for my friend and I thought Iíd share. I figured itís easier to just drop the album here... Iím pretty ecstatic about how itís turning out!!
https://imgur.com/a/PrWKDMN
https://imgur.com/a/v2QBGNa
ywingfighter (Frank)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work man, Great work! Shocked
kapanase (Kelly Gleine)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ywingfighter wrote:
Great work man, Great work! Shocked

Thanks! (I made it, Iím not wearing it lol)
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is looking awesome! I need one! Very Happy

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kapanase (Kelly Gleine)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:

Thanks!!!! Smile
Brykoe (Bryan Koerner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to submitting this in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks everyone! I knew Kelly (Kapanase) was the right person to make this for me. Its been such a thrill to watch this come together and the test run at Wizard World Columbus this past week was a total success!
kapanase (Kelly Gleine)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brykoe wrote:

I look forward to submitting this in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks everyone! I knew Kelly (Kapanase) was the right person to make this for me. Its been such a thrill to watch this come together and the test run at Wizard World Columbus this past week was a total success!

Bryan, you are so very welcome! It has been an absolute honor and pleasure to do this for you! Youíve certainly made this a really fun process, and made me want to join up too Smile
ForlornHope ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Blue squadron build in progress Reply with quote

Great post! Now I know there is such a thing as a pleater board. I don't know if my sewing skills are up to the whole flightsuit, but that's a start.

Is the elastic harness the "Dark Chocolate" color? I gotta get some of that.
kapanase (Kelly Gleine)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Blue squadron build in progress Reply with quote

ForlornHope wrote:
Great post! Now I know there is such a thing as a pleater board. I don't know if my sewing skills are up to the whole flightsuit, but that's a start.

Is the elastic harness the "Dark Chocolate" color? I gotta get some of that.

Thanks!! Yeah, pleater boards are great! I use them for the costuming Iím normally doing (ballet/Disney). When you have 50 yards of pleating, measuring and pinning isnít efficient. Iím sure your skills are fine! Iím just a little insane when it comes to sewing hahaha! Iíve been sewing costumes since I was 7 or 8? I learned when I was skating. Competition dresses were expensive and so was ice time. I had to pick which I had money for, and ice time was more important, so I made my dresses.

The elastic harness is a dark grey color. On the color chart it was the rhinoceros grey (which was not accurate on the screen, but perfect in real life).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: