Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4c893817da77cb11b913bf9f3751ab98Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka Season 1-2 WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chantel11 (Chantel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Ahsoka Season 1-2 WIP Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Smile I've decided to start building Ahsoka's Clone Wars s1-2 outfit and I have a few questions.

I know the costume standard states that her tube top and skirt should be "suede, micro-suede hunting calf, moleskin or similar" but I've had trouble finding that kind of fabric in the right colour or even a dyeable colour. The best I've found is this faux suede (left) and heavy knit (right). Problem is the suede is more accurate, but has no stretch whatsoever which would make it super uncomfortable to wear. So I was wondering if the knit would be approvable instead? I could probably make the suede work by putting an invisible zipper down the side seam of both the top and skirt if required, but the knit would be a lot easier to work with.

Also, can the bracers/boot covers be made out of foam made to look like leather? or do they have to be a leather like fabric?

ahsoka
Chantel11 (Chantel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up using the stretch since I figured it would be a lot more comfortable, but both the skirt and tube top were super easy to make, so I'm happy to re-make them out of the suede if necessary. This is where my costume is at so far:

It was only quickly thrown together for Supanova Sydney last weekend and still needs some work, but I'm getting somewhere. Smile

I rushed my headpiece, so it has a few issues. The biggest problem is how the lekku stick out from my face. I'm going to try and fix it, but at this stage it looks like I'm going to have to re-make my entire headpiece for approval.

I made my bracers from 2mm craft foam covered in burgundy vinyl, they close with industrial strength velcro hidden under the buckles. The buckles and comlink are 3D printed. (I plan to remake my boot covers using the same method.) The fingerless gloves are made from the same vinyl but without the foam.

My belt is made from the same vinyl as my bracers and gloves. The buckle is a thin wood painted gold (the colour is a little off in this photo). The covertec is 3D printed, and the pouch is foam covered in leftover Hera vinyl. I will be shortening it a bit so it doesn't sag on my body, and replacing the jedi food capsules with more accurate ones. (These are just sharpie caps Wink )

Are there any other issues that I should fix?
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! Sorry no one responded to your first post, sadly things get missed sometimes. BUT what you have looks great so far! The suede you used for the top and skirt look great, I went with a stretch fabric because it’s just way easier to work with for this look.

Foam is totally approvable, that’s what I’m using right now to make my bracers and boot spats! Yours look great, really clean!

Also I think I already breifly talked to you on Facebook about this? Lol. I do agree with you about the headpiece, but like I said to you before since that’s what you make in a rush build I have confidence you’ll be fine making a new one! Smile
Lothal Base XO
Lothal Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

i know pictures are always not showing the right colour.
so if its only shown wrong within this fotos please ignore my comment.

make sure that the juwelery at the montral is pewter colour (looks silver)

Quote:

10. Accessories:

Six (6) small and one (1) large triangular, pewter pieces of jewellery on the head framing the face. Pewter ceremonial chain on the montrals (see reference pictures).

and the colour of the Tabard is pale pink. (looks very pink)

Quote:

6. Tabard:

A single elongated pentagon in pale pink, with pattern in a darker purple on it. Must match reference pictures.

yours
Leroni
Wretched Hive Detachment Merchandise Officer 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: