Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d4af022be6af51a11ffcf30175bcf328Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Ewok Leia Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the dress from Tabitha and it is absolutely beautiful! Did an initial try on and would love to have any feedback before I take "real" submission photos and submit.

Dress in direct sunlight (for color comparison)

Anything that I need to change? I am planning on rebraiding the twine in the braid to have it more evenly spaced but other than that, I believe I am good to go. Thoughts?

PR/Social Media Team for RL Strategic Command
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed that there was additional detail on the sleeves required so added those last night and also replaced the strings on the sleeves so they are gray and the proper length listed.

Other than shortening the front hem area, I think I got everything. Is that correct?

Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and adjusted the hem based on references and think that should be that. Can I get any feedback on this before I submit it?

Costume Mentor

Last edited by LeiaAurora () on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall it looks good, but the dress sleeves are both too tight around the arm and goes too close to the elbow. You should definitely fix that before you submit it. It should also help the white sleeves sit better. Right now they look short, but I think that's due to the other sleeves interfering with them. Definitely remember to pull the white sleeves down so they don't crawl up; the wrist cord should be at the wrist. Smile

Hair length look fine; everything past mid back should be just fine. (The ideal length being hip).

I have trouble seeing the back princess seams and X stitching over them, so make sure you get good pictures of that for the application.

Best of luck.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Overall it looks good, but the dress sleeves are both too tight around the arm and goes too close to the elbow. You should definitely fix that before you submit it. It should also help the white sleeves sit better. Right now they look short, but I think that's due to the other sleeves interfering with them. Definitely remember to pull the white sleeves down so they don't crawl up; the wrist cord should be at the wrist.

Thank you for the feedback! I can fix that very easily and yes, I'll make sure to adjust the sleeves so they sit right at the wrist. I think they just rode up as I was moving. Is the hem all right? That was what I was most concerned about.

Costume Mentor

Last edited by LeiaAurora () on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a few change requests from my judge. All fairly easy to do. Mr. Green

The tie in the front of the dress was too wide so needed to take it down to 3/8 of an inch. Basically cut it to half the size it was and sewed it back up. It is listed in the standard but must have missed it.

Also, apparently there is a center skirt seam that I never noticed. Luckily I had purchased extra fabric for the dress and had it available so was able to remake that section and add the additional required triangle point.

I just so love this costume. Can't wait to troop in it.

Costume Mentor
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and drew a diagram of the back (again, not an artist so please forgive my poor interpretation) and what I was asked to change for approval.

There is a center seam down the back of the skirt and also an additional piece that folds back and into a triangle on the side. Here is a side by side comparison of what I am referring to.

With that done, I was approved! Thank you, Tabitha, for the beautiful dress. Can't wait to troop in it. Mr. Green

Costume Mentor
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the approval!

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SongofAmazon wrote:
Congrats on the approval!

Thank you!

Costume Mentor
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the top half-skirt goes all the way around from the front left to the back left. Smile The skirt shape is weird, but that's how it was designed.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: