Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=552ebf148d23ec43294a8e86f0a13186Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Poe Dameron WIP ;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mawee ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: My Poe Dameron WIP ;) Reply with quote

I had to move this post from another location but the props below in this post are goodies that came in except the gun... that is something I have been working for two weeks, lol

Not sure I post it here or X-Wing so I figured here.

1, I do have the reject belt on the way, my third piece soon be my hands.

2. Hasbro Poe Dameron Nerf Blaster. Recent sanded it down. Had failed using some product for sealing the holes. So I had undo it and then I had used plumbers putty which was very easy,

Question: I know I have to use prime paint. However, anyone have info on the detail things on the Hasbro gun. Should I cover the light part, block the exit of the barrel and the back you pull to get that cool purple light. How do I deal with all that? Cause I saw a cool video how to modify it, but then I was thinking of quality to the costumes rules here.

3. I got the make up stuff go do my 5 O’clock Shadow with the stubs. This is going to be fun again and practice it.

4. Difficult is knowing I got to dye my hair, lol.

5.the inside of Poe’s helmet any suggestion for the padding color?

This photo is just me messing around a few days ago. Just testing with shading, eye brows and I had photoshop my hair on my iPad Pro . I did this before I got my make up for the stubs etc.

*side note: nervous has neck doing this but so much fun

Just came i today—— the candy was the best of them all... kidding... just being funny Smile. That candy made my day
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and moved your thread to the TFA pilots sub-forum. Smile

Good luck on your project. Looks like you've got a start on it!

As for the blaster, if you want the lights to still be visible, you'll want to tape the little lit slits so that they don't get paint in them... Which isn't easy, I did it on my Hasbro blaster conversion and it was hard because the slits are so small. After painting the blaster I ended up using a Q-tip and rubbing a bit of paint remover on those slits because some paint still managed to get on them.

And the inside of the barrel, as long as you don't spray directly into it there shouldn't be too much paint that gets in it. I don't remember taping off the inside of the barrel of mine. Though you can always stuff a bit of painter's tape inside just to be safe. You do want some paint inside of the barrel so the orange color isn't visible.

The back plunger... I couldn't figure anything out as to how to fill that in yet still be able to pull the plunger back to fire a dart. I ended up just leaving the plunger hollow. I was thinking that I might go back and add something that looks like a small power cell into it, just so it doesn't look so empty.

The interior of Poe's helmet is black in The Force Awakens and tan in The Last Jedi. Smile

Here's a picture of my blaster in case it helps. The lights and sounds still work and it can still fire a foam dart.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mawee ()

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you point me to the spray paint you had used and the primer?
Mawee ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spray paint is on the way.... crepe hair is on the way.... boots not order yet but suit is in Wip. Can’t wait!!!!!!!

Today package came in.

And this too...

Mawee ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: