Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7719d722107ab5d282607ea05db443edMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Important Costume Application Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenadd ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, thank you so much!
Alurker02 ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: image address? Reply with quote

Hi I am trying to upload my photos that I took specifically to apply and I cant post an image address since they are on my computer. Do I need to post them to a site first?
War4u (Adam Warman)
Legion Webmaster
Legion Webmaster

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: image address? Reply with quote

Alurker02 wrote:
Hi I am trying to upload my photos that I took specifically to apply and I cant post an image address since they are on my computer. Do I need to post them to a site first?

Most of our members use photo hosting site such as Flickr, Imgur, Google Photos or something like that.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, me again. So sorry to be an anxious worrier. I submitted another costume for clearance two weeks ago on the 15th december. I know it has been an insanely busy time what with TLJ and the vast number of troops everywhere plus christmas/the holidays, but I haven't heard anything at all. Was my submission received?

Is there not some auto response email that can be sent on application of a costume just to confirm that it's gone through? There's that confirmation page but it is only up for a minute and it is very easy for that to be an error. Some sort of 'receipt' that can be kept would be both useful and assuring.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenadd wrote:
Hello, me again. So sorry to be an anxious worrier. I submitted another costume for clearance two weeks ago on the 15th december. I know it has been an insanely busy time what with TLJ and the vast number of troops everywhere plus christmas/the holidays, but I haven't heard anything at all. Was my submission received?

Is there not some auto response email that can be sent on application of a costume just to confirm that it's gone through? There's that confirmation page but it is only up for a minute and it is very easy for that to be an error. Some sort of 'receipt' that can be kept would be both useful and assuring.

No, because the email comes when a judge has begun judging. Yours is in process and an email appears to have been sent, be sure it hasn't been filtered to spam or something else.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
Xenadd ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked my spam multiple and haven't had anything, hence my posting here.

This is a system that is very opaque and creates a lot of anxiety.
AliyaJ (Aliya Buist)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Xenadd! I'm so sorry you didn't get my email! I am the lead judge on you costume, and I really thought I had sent you a welcome email. Sad I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting, I know it can be quite nerve wracking to not hear anything. Sad I will send you a PM on the forums to ensure we keep in contact! Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

I submitted a costumed last Sunday (April 1), and have yet to hear back on whether it was picked up for judging or not. My login session expired while I was writing up the description so I double checked with the base CO to make sure it went through properly and he confirmed it had.

I know it has been a busy weekend with several large cons around the US and that a lot of RL members attended, so if it's just a case of "haven't had a chance to get to it", that's totally fine and I don't mind waiting. Smile I only want to make sure I didn't lose an email somewhere.

Just so it's there: my email address is correct, I do get other RL email, and there's nothing in my spam box.

Thank you!
gm64115 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just checking in as to whether or not my costume application has been picked up for judging. Costume: galactic marine ep3

I have double checked and my email information is correct.

Thank you.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gm64115 wrote:
Hi all,

Just checking in as to whether or not my costume application has been picked up for judging. Costume: galactic marine ep3

I have double checked and my email information is correct.

Thank you.

It had not yet but is not, you should have an email from me.

rebel2u ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I submitted my pics a week ago (Friday ) and havent gotten an email yet. Just checking to see if they were received and how long does it usually take? Costume is ANH Han Solo. Thank you very much
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebel2u wrote:
Hello, I submitted my pics a week ago (Friday ) and havent gotten an email yet. Just checking to see if they were received and how long does it usually take? Costume is ANH Han Solo. Thank you very much

A judge has taken it and there is discussion.

Be sure and check you email and also spam folder to be sure the email wasn't missed.

Khaalis ()

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Quick Photo Questions Reply with quote

So for taking pictures for submission, I understand the concept of plain backgrounds. However, they aren't necessarily easy to come by. How simple does the background need to be? If given the options below what would you recommend?

1) In the driveway against a white garage door (dark outfit so high contrast)
2) On the deck against the light blue house siding
3) In the house with an attempt to string up a light green bedsheet as a background

Thanks!
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those: 1) In the driveway against a white garage door (dark outfit so high contrast)

Make sure that the light is decent not strong direct sunlight or anything and that you separate well from the garage. If need be set up a light on the garage so it clearly separates from the costume.

It isn't that hard. The problem is people take white costumes against white walls without good lighting, against granite )or other multi-tonal things) etc and it make the process of seeing and preparing files infinitely more difficult than it needs to be.

thuyak ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Cant upload images Reply with quote

Hi from Spain,

Im trying to upload from dropbox my costume images but at the end appear a message "invalid or missing JPG image". All my pictures are JPG. I don´t know which is the problem.

Sorry, my english is terrible Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: