Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e2da194f8fc36a11344a125953fb29ebMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

X-Wing Pilot Luke Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: X-Wing Pilot Luke Questions Reply with quote

Question: I know that X-Wing Pilot Luke is judged by Jedi judges, not pilot judges. At least that's what I heard. So I'm wondering if that costume counts as a Jedi costume or not? Like, for Jedi trials.

I'm in the process (nearly done!) of that build, and I'm just curious.

Also, for X-Wing Luke, is a bucket off photo required for submission? For my Endor Luke, it was not, as my face is visible. And while I have a wig that puts some blond edges under the back of the helmet, I often don't wear it, as it doesn't add anything to the costume, really. My hair isn't visible in the Endor helmet, so I skip the wig most days. Would a wig be required for X-Wing Luke if all of my hair (brown, shoulder length) is hidden in the helmet? Obviously if a bucket off pic is required, then a wig is needed, but again, just curious. My current Luke wig is pretty ANH, so it will work, but I'm in the market for another and just wondering what is required in this regard.

Member: Knights of the Jedi Order - Star Temple, RAID - Fire Team 28, GRRRL Squad, Kilted Rebel Regiment, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command - Spice Runner Squadron.
Christina (Christina Rotsaert)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just had my Luke Skywalker X-Pilot approved this weekend so I can comment that the Pilot judges are the ones that handle the approval not the Jedi judges. I know the Luke Jedi judges monitor Luke X-Wing submissions but they arenít involved in the approval.

I provided a helmet off photo with a wig in my submission photos so I canít say if you need to or not but Iíd except theyíll ask for it if not included.

Red 5
Christina
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. I had heard the opposite from what I consider a good authority. Good to know I had it backwards. Iíll wait on an answer to the rest. Itís no biggie to me either way. I was just curious and going off my experiences with Endor Luke.

Incidentally, what wig did you go with? ANH Luke isnít that tricky, but ESB and especially ROTJ Luke wigs are tough.

Member: Knights of the Jedi Order - Star Temple, RAID - Fire Team 28, GRRRL Squad, Kilted Rebel Regiment, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command - Spice Runner Squadron.
Christina (Christina Rotsaert)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Luke was judged by the Jedi too, but when I submitted my Luke X-Wing it was taken over by the Rebel Pilots judges. The same thing for my Luke Snowspeeder that I just submitted Friday the Rebel pilot judges are reviewing it. Iíll be submitting my Hoth Luke in a week or two and that is judged by the Luke Jedi judge.

As for wig, mine is crappy. Itís a long wig that that I cut and hacked up for the submission photo. Iím looking to order a new wig and going to get this one:

https://posewigs.com/collections/mens-styles/products/mens-brown-mix-short-straight-100-human-hair-fashion-wig-hftan227

Currently out of stock but due in any day Iíve been told.

The Rebel judges are very particular on little details, loose straps, things slightly off center. So better to be extra diligent for you photos.
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense that pilots would be judged by pilot judges, but Iíd heard differently, like you, so thus the question.

How cool are you for doing all the Luke things? Smile More Luke is always good. Iím not far away from submitting my Death Star Luke. Just need a belt and a good wig so I can take off the Endor helmet and poncho. Et voila!

Your wig looks like it might work for me, actually. Hm... and Iím going to DM you the one I was looking at. My current wig is also crappy, but it gets the job done.

Thanks for the advice on the photos.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowspeeder and X-wing goes to the pilot judges. The rest to the jedi judges. Smile I can't remember any that goes to other judging groups right now, but sometimes a costume is reviewed by multiple judging teams. Smile

If you got any questions regarding X-wing/Snowspeeder Luke I'd recommend asking them in the X-wing forum under Pilots.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Good to know.

That makes sense, but since judging categories doesn't always make sense... Wink

Leroni (Leroni)
Lothal Base XO
Lothal Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: X-Wing Pilot Luke Questions Reply with quote

wabbit89 wrote:
Question: I know that X-Wing Pilot Luke is judged by Jedi judges, not pilot judges. At least that's what I heard. So I'm wondering if that costume counts as a Jedi costume or not? Like, for Jedi trials.

I'm in the process (nearly done!) of that build, and I'm just curious.

Also, for X-Wing Luke, is a bucket off photo required for submission? For my Endor Luke, it was not, as my face is visible. And while I have a wig that puts some blond edges under the back of the helmet, I often don't wear it, as it doesn't add anything to the costume, really. My hair isn't visible in the Endor helmet, so I skip the wig most days. Would a wig be required for X-Wing Luke if all of my hair (brown, shoulder length) is hidden in the helmet? Obviously if a bucket off pic is required, then a wig is needed, but again, just curious. My current Luke wig is pretty ANH, so it will work, but I'm in the market for another and just wondering what is required in this regard.

Hello Smile

Sometimes the Forum dont show new posts to me. ... so very late an answer.

Luke is a Jedi, thats why you can also join the Trials with your xwing or snowspeeder Luke.

As the X-Wing pofessionals are with the pilot detachment, they are judging the x-wing parts. (Lora already explained)

So when you have any Luke, welcome to the KJO and to the Jedi Trials.

yours
Leroni
Wretched Hive Detachment Merchandise Officer 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: X-Wing Pilot Luke Questions Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:

Hello Smile

Sometimes the Forum dont show new posts to me. ... so very late an answer.

Luke is a Jedi, thats why you can also join the Trials with your xwing or snowspeeder Luke.

As the X-Wing pofessionals are with the pilot detachment, they are judging the x-wing parts. (Lora already explained)

So when you have any Luke, welcome to the KJO and to the Jedi Trials.

yours
Leroni

Excellent. I'm already doing trials as Resistance/TLJ Rey along with Endor Luke. Smile I was just curious of pilot Luke counted too, for planning purposes when doing troops. Thank you for the info! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: