Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eb11d3fe99363d7d5b47baa553e5f342Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

B-Man's B-Wing Pilot W.I.P.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-Man ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
That's looking really good. Nice job! You should be proud of it. Smile

The ejection harness looks a little tight around your legs but I think that it would still pass. You should trim the excess side strap on the right side, you can see it bunched up under the vest on the right side picture. And you could take the back panel of the flak vest in a little, making it a bit shorter, yours is a little long. But that's all that I see.

Thanks Alex,

I’ll make those adjustments and do another trial fit.

Using a friends home built vacuum former, I tried forming an AN-H-15 earcup using 2mm craft foam and the result is encouraging…

I’ll do another one soon then coat them with plasti-dip and hopefully have the AN-H-15 completed ready for when I submit for approval.

Another thing I was wondering is about weathering. I’d like to have a go at adding wear and weathering to the costume and was wondering if I should do that before submitting for approval or wait until after it’s approved. I’d only be going for subtle weathering, so it might not even be that noticeable.

Cheers,

Glen.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting idea for the ear cups. It looks like they came out very well. I've never thought of trying something like that to make them.

Regarding the weathering, it wont alter the approval one way or the other in most cases. Weathering is optional so you can have it or not. If you'd like to weather the costume before submission that would be fine, or if you want to wait until after that's fine, too. Either way. It's your choice. Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Pilot Mentor - Alpha Base Member

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
B-Man ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
That's an interesting idea for the ear cups. It looks like they came out very well. I've never thought of trying something like that to make them.

Regarding the weathering, it wont alter the approval one way or the other in most cases. Weathering is optional so you can have it or not. If you'd like to weather the costume before submission that would be fine, or if you want to wait until after that's fine, too. Either way. It's your choice. Smile

Yes, the 2mm craft foam seems to hold it's shape well and the plasti-dip should help too.

I might weather before submitting... but who knows... maybe I won't... choices choices Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: