Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1dfc651e1f219456993c74d26049eb21Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jyn Erso Imperial Ground Crew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackWidowMary ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Jyn Erso Imperial Ground Crew Reply with quote

I've been working on putting together an Imperial Ground Crew Disguise for Jyn Erso. I have also ordered the regular Jyn Erso costume from Anovos, hopefully that comes in when they say it will.
I will still need to find some appropriate boots but I'm not sure where to find those. Pictures are incoming!
BlackWidowMary ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently I can't figure out how to post pictures, here is an album of my progress.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=536021142&sk=photos&collection_token=536021142%3A2305272732%3A69&set=a.10154683567751143.1073741936.536021142&type=3
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great progress! I recently heard we have some good news coming soon about Ground Crew Jyn and Rebel Legion (Probably coming faster than your ANOVOS order at least...)

Are you looking to buy the boots premade, or are you okay with making the flaps and attaching the buckle?

Pretty much any brown leather or pleather combat boots will be fine for the base as long as they're tall enough (Around 7") I got mine for $10 at Plato's Closet, and they didn't even have zippers.

Base Membership Officer, Freedom Base
Executive Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
BlackWidowMary ()

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize there was such an argument about the Jyn IGC disguise costume; I just saw the long discussion.

For the boots I'm ok with just flaps for now but would eventually like a pre-made set that is screen accurate.
Misdemeanor ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start! I am also working on this build, thanks for sharing your progress.
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackWidowMary wrote:
I didn't realize there was such an argument about the Jyn IGC disguise costume; I just saw the long discussion.

For the boots I'm ok with just flaps for now but would eventually like a pre-made set that is screen accurate.

Here's a working draft of a Jyn resource page on the website! It includes good suggestions for "base boots" to start with: http://db94.rebellegion.com/?page_id=4247

You can get pre-made boots for $90 on Ebay, but they won't be as screen accurate as what you can make yourself.

I'll be adding more resources like the Ebay boots and that one guy who makes perfect boot buckles but doesn't have an Etsy shop, so says you should just message him and he'll send a pdf catalog.

I mentioned the long IGC discussion in a conversation, and the LMO basically went "Make me a new detachment for disguises, and all that will be a non-issue." So that's exactly what's happening!

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
~HK-47
BlackWidowMary ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More updates...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155117449386143&set=pcb.10155117450691143&type=3&theater
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The color on the gloves looks great, but they look like they'll need some modding.

On the resource page, look at the first two photos in the source guide for high res shots of each glove. I think yours are moddable with the right pleather, but it might be easier to mod the original Black Diamond gloves (look in the sourced item links) or if you don't want to mod anything at all, there's links in the unofficial vendor section for modded gloves and made from scratch replicas.

Here's the exact wording in the standard:

a. Brown finger-less gloves similar to the Black Diamond ‘Stone’ gloves, with the strap altered to remove the logo and replace the Velcro with a snap. Gloves have been weathered darker than the original tan.

b. Straps should be roughly 1″ (2.5 cm) wide and be secured with snaps. Straps have the finger-side corner cut off.

c. Both gloves have a circular detail added to the back of the hand. The left is stitching only. The right has the circle cut out and replaced by two differently toned half circles of darker leather.

~HK-47
jen0farc ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary,

Looks like you're off to a good start! I've built the 501st version of this costume and was approved in that legion with it. I'd be happy to help if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out. Smile
BlackWidowMary ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm all finished but can't quite seem to find where to submit me photos!
BlackWidowMary ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://imgur.com/a/x527FIx

Her are pictures of my full costume!

I was told that I couldn't be approved in a disguise costume though =(
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mary. Your costume looks really cool.

With regard to approval - Right now, the disguise costume hasn't been accepted as a RL costume. There are people working on a new disguise detachment. If that detachment gets approved, then the disguise costume should become a RL costume and you'll be able to submit your costume at that time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: