Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=940928ae27765b3a439635f279b2e476Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My signals intelligence technician WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genius method for the belt flares! You've got me motivated to finish my costume by June as well.
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I was able to close the holes on the top of the belt flare. I also found some end caps for my ankle cuff greebies. I had to use a smaller pipe diameter. It is only 16 millimeters but should be closer to the size of the originals used in Rogue One than the one-inch pipe that wanted to use in the beginning. I painted everything by hand using Revell colors. The weather did not permit using spray paint. I am waiting on better weather to spray on some clear coat.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my belt and anklet cuffs today. I ordered new pants in 3XL. They should arrive next week. Now I only need to start working on my shirt.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working on my shirt for the last two weeks. I made a new collar from a second shirt. The left side of the front used to be the back of the second shirt. I also took off the cuffs. Now I just have to add the second layer off the bib and shorten the sleeves. My new pants arrived last week. I still need to reposition the belt loops so that the belt fits in them.

I kind of freaked out when I looked at the new photos of my shirt. I could not see a difference in color between the two shirts with the naked eye when I worked on them. I hope it is only visible when photos are taken indoors with a flash. It would be a big disappointment if I invested time and money in the shirt and could not use it for the costume.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The belt loops of the Tru-Spec pants are too short for a British PLCE belt. Due to that I took them off, let them out a little and sewed them back on. I was lucky that the belt loop fabric was long enough so that the belt fits perfectly through the loops now.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shirt is almost finished. The only thing left to do is sewing on a lot of snap buttons.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the shirt this morning. I really do not like sewing on snap fasteners by hand. I like how the shirt looks from the front. I do not like the way the back looks. I will try to stuff the excess fabric in my pants when I take the application photos tomorrow. Next time, I also have to watch out that the sleeves do not get pulled up.

I really need to learn how to alter patterns or how to draw them myself so that I could make the shirt fit better. I guess that is another thing for my to-do-list.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took the application photos today. It was also my first time wearing the whole costume. We had some difficulties taking the photos this time. The ones we took in our apartment were too dark. The sun made it impossible to take some photos behind the house. Then we then tried to take some photos in front of the garage, which is located in front of the house.

We took the application photos today. It was also my first time wearing the whole costume. We had some difficulties taking the photos this time. The ones we took in our apartment were too dark. The sun made it impossible to take some photos behind the house. Then we then tried to take some photos in front of the garage, which is located in front of the house.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent in my application for this costume, yesterday. The waiting game has begun.
navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

XO- HMS Hexapuma, Captain (jg) TRMN

Ordained Priest, Church of the Latter Day Dude
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just approved!

I am very proud of this costume even though it is not very complicated because it was my project from the beginning to the end. I proposed the CS and helped to finalize it. If I am not mistaken, I am the first person to get approved with this costume.

I think it is a great beginners costume because it is easy to make. It is also the basis for more costumes such as the Yavin Operations Trooper (Rogue One) and the Yavin Operations Officer (Rogue One), due to that, it is a great costume to start the journey into Star Wars costuming. Some of the items can also be used for the Scarif Marine.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=18661&bu=profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D100129&bl=Back+to+PArmstr%27s+profile

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94931&start=0

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/signals-intelligence-technician-rogue-one/

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/yavin-operations-trooper-rogue-one/

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/yavin-operations-officer-rogue-one/
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Terrapin Base CO
Terrapin Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really amazing and a labor of love! Well done!
Approved: Jedi Archivist, Human X Wing Pilot, Twi'lek X Wing Pilot

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XWingKC wrote:
This is really amazing and a labor of love! Well done!

Thank you. The funny thing is when Rogue One came out I did not like the costumes of the film but with time they have grown on me. Especially the Signals Intelligence Technician became my favorite when I realized that the Rebel Alliance now had the equivalent of the Imperial Bridge Crew costume. It can be the basis of many other rebel costumes from Rogue One by adding or switching out items.
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad the Truspecs worked! I dpitted a pair today after I ordered my chelsea boots. I bought the biggest PLCE i could find online and when I got it it was kid size. Guess ill be spending quality time at the sewing machine making one. We're going to make my shirt so it will fit me right. Good job on tjose Gaiters!

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
BoabiWan (Alan Bell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on Clearance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: