Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ed77df96f0b4c9a7d84f608bbbae93c3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mask strapping
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UT Trooper (Joe)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like most of us have this issue. Anyone who attached a helmet, can you please post a pic?
Fuzzball ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the back of a goalie mask . Cut holes in the skull and then fed the elastic bands threw the holes and sewed then to each other .

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems like a great solution, the only "but", if I may, is that our head is already made, I mean, it is not in kit form, so I can't drill holes in the mask unless I remove hair, and I have no intention of doing that hyahahahahahaha

TD28125 Sandtrooper (501)
Thrain, Generic Wookiee (RL)
Admiral Ackbar (RL)
UT Trooper (Joe)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving an old thread... Has anyone with an Evil Chimp completed mask added a hard hat or helmet? If so can you please reply with pictures? The front mask part is just too heavy I'm afraid and will only work if there is a top portion supporting the top of my head. Would love to see some examples.
gato ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove hard foam from skateboard helmet then cut in half. I bonded it to the underskull with e6000 with tabs on the inside for strength. I use rivets now instead of e6000. Then, I add foam for fit.

Beckett ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Evil Chimp Mask helmet upgrade Reply with quote

I have an EC mask that I added a helmet to about 2 years ago and it's a very sturdy mask. I used a very similar process of connecting the helmet back as the gato did it seems. basically just put some screws through some rubber strips. Let me know if you need any other photos these were taken a few years back and I'm not sure they show all of what your wanting to see. At first I tried gluing the rubber to the mask and then the helmet but my understanding of glue was limited at the time so I ended up just going with the screws. Hope this helps

[img]Untitled by Josh Beckett, on Flickr

[/img]Untitled by Josh Beckett, on Flickr

[img]Untitled by Josh Beckett, on Flickr[/img]
daiwellby ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm going to follow this thread as due to take delivery of an EC FX mask next week.

From what I've seen, the EC FX Chewbacca masks have changed/evolved over the years (correct me if i'm wrong)? And as Dave doesn't do WIP pics of commissions, then I can't really prepare until the mask arrives.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!
mattcamaro (L. Matt Darling)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the back half of a skate board helmet and married it to my mask. I don't have any straps in it, just padding. I have hit my head several times so the helmet saved my head.

Wear the Hair!
Larphitupfuzzball ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UT Trooper wrote:
I'm looking around to find something that would put the pressure on the top of my head, instead of just having the mask move down my face during troops.

I found adding another strap from the top of mask stops it slipping when operating the jaw. Hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: