Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0653eeb7bf637526bbc1e47b97495343Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ceremonial Leia [WIP]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. Smile I've made this and getting it just right can be difficult, but you are on the right track. And you haven't tossed it into a corner in frustration, so yeah! Wink

Btw. just curious, but what fabric have you used for the outer and inner layers of the gown?
I used a four way stretch jersey (which I've kinda regretted) for the inner, and a thick chiffon for the outer. Looks pretty, but annoying to work with. Rolling Eyes

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Jemini Organa ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure of the specific names of the fabric to be honest, just went to the shop and picked two that looked right Laughing , the inner layer is like a thin polycotton fabric (which was quite a challenge to fit, but I couldn't find any stretch jersey/knit that wasn't too sheer) and the outter one is a thick chiffon
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG THE INVERTED V LOOKS SO GOOD NOW - agree about the fold

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Jemini Organa ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back at it again!
The hair extensions have arrived and I've started working on the belt, I have the base shape and the metal pieces already cut, I tried it on clipping it on the back just to see how it fit me, but It's a bit uncomfortable trying to make it sit at navel level cause my hips are way bigger than my waist and it tends to move up a lot, so I thought about the wide elastic in the back as it may help with this issue, but I haven't seen many "Ceremonial Leias" here using it so I was wondering...is it still accepted? I know it's still in the costume standards but just in case.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is. We will soon(ish) beginning updating our standards to the new format, but until then everything is judged under the current standards. And we don't expect a lot of chances to the ceremonial standard, I believe.

However, the elastic is a relatively new addition to the standard that has come about after the original costume was found in an attic and restored. I doubt we will remove it since it is actually screen accurate.
The biggest problem with elastics is that they get loose over time and will need replacement after a certain amount of use and time. So keep that in mind. Smile

Jemini Organa ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again! I've just realized that I haven't posted any progress for a while.
I finished the belt and the dress, but I'm not that happy about the final necklace and I couldn't find the bracelet (I'm still searching for one that fits my tiny wrists, I'm probably getting it 3D printed).
Anyway here are some pics, and as always, I appreciate any advice to get it approved Leia Buns

Before having the necklace and belt done (here the bun is probably too big, it had too much hair braided in) :

Here is the belt (sorry about the bad lighting) :

And here is the "almost-final" result at the premiere of Han Solo's film:

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your fabric hangs beautifully! Those sleeves look fantastic.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the bun could be a tad smaller, but it is pretty big. What is more important is that the braids around the bun are thinner than the one going down the back. Smile

It looks like you have done a good job with this.
If you ever want to buy the real bracelet I can attest to the fact that it's made for tiny wrists; I had trouble getting it off again when I had the change to try it on. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: