Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=21ea5c66b8e3c869ccfc7cf7220d0ca5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

CS proposal: Senior Officers, Rouge One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development -> RL GSC New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed some wording in the CS. The newest wording is green. The new wording from last time is still blue. My comments are now orange.

Senior Officers, Rouge One

1. Jacket/coat:

Version A
-khaki/tan BDU-Style-jacket with saffron or mustard –colored shoulders (yoke), four pockets in front and a mandarin collar
Permitted ranks: Commander, Colonel and General with red pips or Navy Captain with blue pips

Version B
-Draven style jacket
(still needs a good description)
Permitted ranks: Colonel and General with red pips

Version C
- khaki/tan BDU-Style-jacket with saffron or mustard –colored shoulders (yoke), four pockets in front and a mandarin collar

- white/natural/cream colored duster with lapels, ankle length, no buttons
- Duster is worn on top of the jacket

Permitted rank: General with red pips

2. Pants:
- Khaki, coyote or chocolate brown colored utility trousers.
- Pant ankles should be worn tucked into the Anklet-style cuff.
- Cargo-style pockets along the outside of each leg, with top flap, and no visible closure buttons or snaps.

Optional: Pants may have accurate padding sewn into knees

3. Shirt:
-Long-sleeved, tan, beige or middle brown shirt with a collar ending in two points.
-The front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides which (recommended) continue down to bottom of hem.
-Double rows of stitching (flat-felled or similar) in each seam is recommended.
-Optional back yoke.
-Worn tucked into the pants.

4. Belt and buckle:
- Brown leather belt with octagonal silver buckle
(Should we give a more detailed description of the belt and belt buckle or is this good enough?)

5. Boots:
-Chelsea-style boot in brown or black leather (can be suede).
-No visible laces.
-Anklet-style cuffs that match boot color.
-Optional: boots flares on the right anklett-cuff

6. Rank Badge:
Screen accurate Rogue One rebel rank badge is worn on the right side of the jacket, just above the breast pocket. The badge should reflect the rank of Alliance High Command (red pips) Commander, Colonel, General or Navy (blue pips) Captain.
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice visuals, Patricia! Thank you so much for all that work. Smile It's really wonderful.

I went through the guides Blair put together for the new standards and used that and your draft along with the references to create a new working draft that follows the template and guidelines we are to use now.

That information can be found here:

[/url]http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96554[url]

I did not include any details for the Draven style jacket because Empathy fabulously volunteered to work on that bit.

It is probably best to avoid complicating things by being too specific about the rank badges, so I left that part a bit more open ended. This is one of those areas where it is possible to give folks a little wiggle room without drastically changing the outward appearance of the costume

The boot description has also been updated to simply be short ankle boots. If the screen used ones were not Chelsea boots, it doesn't seem to right to call for them specifically in the standard. I think the other Yavin Officer standard will need to be changed to reflect that as well when we update it to the new format.

We'll also want to add metric units to the imperial ones already listed, and we'll need clear photos of each individual element.
Here's what I came up with so far:

1. Jacket/Coat

Version A:
REQUIRED:

•Jacket is khaki or tan and made of a medium weight cotton, poly/cotton blend or similar fabric
•Military BDU-style jacket reaching below the hip
•Mandarin Collar
•Sleeves are plain without elbow patches or cuffs
•Buttons or other closures are hidden
•Saffron or mustard–colored shoulders/yoke
•Two patch pockets with top flaps, located on the upper chest- one on either side of the front opening
•Two gusseted/cargo style patch pockets with top flaps, located approximately even with the hips-one on either side of the front opening

OPTIONAL:

1. Topstiching along the edges of the edges of the pocket flaps

2. Duster Overcoat

•White, cream or natural and made of a medium weight cotton, or similar fabric
•Ankle length duster style coat
•Shawl style lapels that are approximately equal to the width of one shoulder at the top, and taper to a point below the waist
•Double welted pockets approximately 6” long placed over the hips*, pockets are angled upward at approximately a 45 degree angle
•Duster is worn over the Version A jacket

*Pockets should be proportional to the wearer

Version B
Draven style jacket (still needs a good description- Empathy is working on this)

2. PANTS:

REQUIRED:

•Pants are khaki, coyote, or chocolate brown colored and made of a bottom weight cotton, poly cotton blend, or similar fabric
•Utility trousers similar in style to military BDUs
•Two cargo-style pockets with a top flap along the outside of each leg, any closures are hidden
•Pants are worn tucked into the boots at the ankle

OPTIONAL:

•Pants may have rectangular padding approximately 6" by 4" added to the knees- proportional to the wearer

3. Shirt:

REQUIRED:

•Tan, beige or middle brown shirt made of topweight natural fabric such as a broadcloth
•Collar ending in two points
•Front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides
•Long, plain sleeves without cuffs
•Closures are hidden
•Worn tucked into the pants

OPTIONAL:

•Two rows of stitching around bib edges
•Stitching on sides of bib continue to the bottom of the shirt
•Back yoke

4. Belt and Buckle:

REQUIRED:
•Brown (We should specify the color range) leather or leather-like belt
•Belt is approximately 2” wide
•Octagonal silver buckle approximately 2” wide by 3” long

5. Boots:

REQUIRED:
•Ankle high boot in brown or black leather or leather-like material
•No visible laces
•Anklet-style cuffs that match boot color

OPTIONAL:
•2-3 silver signal flares held in the ankle cuff

6. Rank Badge:

REQUIRED:

•Silver metal square or with a metallic appearance
•Red or blue circles arranged in a pattern consistent with the rank of captain or higher, circles may be colored hollows or raised pips
•Worn on the right side of the jacket, just above the breast pocket.
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The updated proposal looks very good. There is only a minor thing that might need correction. You wrote, "2-3 silver signal flares held in the ankle cuff". As far as I know, the ankle cuff had no flares at all or two flares. I do not remember seeing any with three flares.

I went back through the references. I think the belt color ranges somewhere between dark tan to medium brown perhaps even dark brown. It is very difficult to name the color due to the fact that every leather or belt manufacturer uses different terms for their products.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree on the leg flares! Will change that to two. Thank you for the belt color range as well!

What are your thoughts on the belt buckle dimensions? I estimated without one sitting in front of me. (I know the 2" high is correct- not sure of the length measure.)

I'll update the proposal in just a bit- want to grab metric measures to add.

Empathy and I pm'd a bit on Sunday, and I know she's making progress on the Draven jacket. I think the yoke details are figured out, and the main description- she's working on the pockets now.

Very Happy
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking just fabulous!!

LMO 501st Legion
ALMO Rebel Legion
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady wrote:
Totally agree on the leg flares! Will change that to two. Thank you for the belt color range as well!

What are your thoughts on the belt buckle dimensions? I estimated without one sitting in front of me. (I know the 2" high is correct- not sure of the length measure.)

I'll update the proposal in just a bit- want to grab metric measures to add.

Empathy and I pm'd a bit on Sunday, and I know she's making progress on the Draven jacket. I think the yoke details are figured out, and the main description- she's working on the pockets now.

Very Happy

It is great to hear that Empathy is making progress on the Draven jacket description. I really appreciate her help.

I measured Colonel Haxen Delto’s belt strap and belt buckle in the visual guide. The belt strap is 3.5mm wide in the photo. The belt buckle is 4.5mm wide and 7.5mm long. I calculated which measurements it should have if the belt strap was 5cm wide (about 2 inches) in reality. The belt buckle should be 6.43cm wide and 10.71cm long. That should be 2.53 inches wide and 4.22 inches long.

Those measurements should be fairly correct. My rectangle RFT belt buckle, which is a tandy leather rectangle buckle blank 2" (51 mm), is 6.7cm wide and 10.3cm long. My octagonal RFT belt buckle, which was made for a German Garrison member who supplies us with holsters, is 7.3cm wide and long 11.6cm long.
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry Patricia, I just just running out of the door and got your name wrong, apology's.......not sure where Pam came from either??

I am working on it but its hard with using non sewing terms to describe stuff that's....... done in sewing terms. There's a few things it would be good th throw out to see everyone thoughts.

Sorry it's taking a while but I had 2 extra hospital days and my daughter is moving into special needs residential school so its a busy few days. I am on it though.
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry Patricia, I just just running out of the door and got your name wrong, apology's.......not sure where Pam came from either??

I am working on it but its hard with using non sewing terms to describe stuff that's....... done in sewing terms. There's a few things it would be good th throw out to see everyone thoughts.

Sorry it's taking a while but I had 2 extra hospital days and my daughter is moving into special needs residential school so its a busy few days. I am on it though.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:

Empathy- Real Life always comes first!! When you have a sec- shoot me what ya have on fb, and I'll post it up for you here and add my thoughts. Don't worry about the sewing terms- we can edit that, and the sewing terms will give us a starting spot. I just didn't want to have us both writing the same part. Work smarter-not harder! I'm going to go through our chat from the other day and pull the bits we worked on then. Smile

Last edited by RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen) on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so a fair bit is pulled from the conversations me and Kristina had, its a jacket with alot going on. Ive put anything I'm really not sure about in RED Be good to get peoples thoughts.

VERSION B

•Jacket is sand or light tan and made of a medium weight TWILL cotton, cotton blend or similar fabric.
•Safari-style jacket reaching below the hip.
•Collar is a heavily padded standing collar, it has a horizontal center seam.

•Sleeves are in 3 sections, the 2 seams are: above elbow and mid forearm.
• Back elbow section is quilted with horizontal lines of stitching, aprox 1cm apart.

•Zip closure, aprox 2INCH STAND at front.

•yoke is quilted with vertical stitching aprox 1cm apart.
•Front is level with underarm in front, bottom of the shoulder blades at back.
•HORIZONTAL PIPING/TWO LINES OF QUILTED STITCHING, APROX 1CM APART AT BOTTOM OF THE FRONT YOKE.

•Two BELLOWS/GUSSETED CARGO pockets with top flaps, located on the upper chest- one on either side of the front opening.
•POCKETS ARE ATTACHED AT AN ANGLE UNDER YOKE, APROX 1CM FROM YOKE UNDERARM SIDE. APROX 3-4CM FROM YOKE AT FRONT OPENING.
•POCKETS ARE ROUNDED AT THE BOTTOM, WITH A CENTER PLEAT.
•FLAP IS ASYMMETRICAL AND TAPERS FROM APROX 3CM AT CENTER OPENING TO 5CM AT ARMHOLE SIDE.

SIZES? ANGLES?

•Two LARGE BELLOWS/GUSSETED CARGO pockets with top flaps, located approximately even with the hips-one on either side of the front opening
•POCKET IS ATTACHED AT AN ANGLE OR IS ASYMMETRICAL?
•POCKET IS ROUNDED AT BOTTOM AND HAS CENTER PLEAT.

SIZES? ANGLES?

•Screen accurate cloth insignia sewn onto upper right arm of jacket, consisting of white cloth with black grid of 9 squares with no outside border.
COLUMNS OF 3, LEFT TO RIGHT: 3 RED RECTANGLES , 2 GREY RECTANGLES AND ONE BLUE RECTANGLE, 2 CROSSHAIR RECTANGLE AND ONE GREY RECTANGLE.

THE ONE BLUE RECTANGLE IS GREEN ON THE HELMET WEARING OFFICER

OPTIONAL

•top-stitching on sleeve seams
•top-stitching on collar
•red piping on top pocket flaps: major/col
•Fleet trooper hat, worn with webbing utility belt: over top of jacket on waist.

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, Empathy!! Thank you so much for that hard work!!

Split the difference on the belt buckle measurements. We want them to be approximate, so there's wiggle room. Does that look ok to folks? I left the bottom end as 2" because they look almost flush to belt in some cases, and when we were working on our resistance officers, we found the 2.5" looked huge.

Updated the leg flares to 2 optional.

The more I think about it and look over the model revisions, I think we should stay away from naming weaves. There are sooo many twill variations it could be confusing.

Added description for the RFT Helmet- this needs tweaking I am sure.

Added belt description for this option.

Tweaked the option B jacket bits to have angles etc. Reworded some things for clarity. Empathy, can you look at the bit about the stand with the zipper and clarify?

1. Jacket/Coat

Version A:
REQUIRED:

•Jacket is khaki or tan and made of a medium weight cotton, poly/cotton blend or similar fabric
•Military BDU-style jacket reaching below the hip
•Mandarin Collar
•Sleeves are plain without elbow patches or cuffs
•Buttons or other closures are hidden
•Saffron or mustard–colored shoulders/yoke
•Two patch pockets with top flaps, located on the upper chest- one on either side of the front opening
•Two gusseted/cargo style patch pockets with top flaps, located approximately even with the hips-one on either side of the front opening

OPTIONAL:

1. Topstiching along the edges of the edges of the pocket flaps

2. Duster Overcoat

•White, cream or natural and made of a medium weight cotton, or similar fabric
•Ankle length duster style coat
•Shawl style lapels that are approximately equal to the width of one shoulder at the top, and taper to a point below the waist
•Double welted pockets approximately 6” long placed over the hips*, pockets are angled upward at approximately a 45 degree angle
•Duster is worn over the Version A jacket

*Pockets should be proportional to the wearer

Version B:
REQUIRED:

•Jacket is sand or light tan and made of a medium weight cotton, cotton blend or similar fabric.
•Safari-style jacket reaching below the hip.
•Collar is a heavily padded standing collar; it has a horizontal center seam.
•Sleeves are in 3 sections, the 1 seam is placed above the elbow, and 1 seam is placed mid forearm.
•Back elbow section of sleeves are quilted with horizontal lines of stitching, approximately 1 cm apart.

•Zip closure, approximately 2INCH STAND at front. Can you clarify what you mean? Are you talking about the stand on the collar?

•Yoke is quilted with vertical stitching approximately 1 cm apart.
•Front of yoke is level with underarm in front, bottom of the shoulder blades at back.
•Yoke bottom has an unquilted border approximately 1/2" (1 cm) wide running horizontally along the front bottom edge.

•Two bellows/gusseted pockets with top flaps, located on the upper chest- one on either side of the front opening.
•Pockets attached at approximately a 20 degree angle under the yoke beginning approximately 1/2" (1 cm) beneath the yoke on the outside side, and widening to approximately 1-1.5" (3-4 cm) beneath the yoke towards the jacket center.
•Pockets are rounded at the bottom with a center pleat
•Flap has a tapered curve, with the widest part towards the outside of the jacket.
•Two large bellows/gusseted cargo pockets with top flaps, located approximately even with the hips-one on either side of the front opening
•Flaps are set at approximately a 30 degree angle with the highest point towards the center front.
•Pockets have rounded bottoms and a center pleat.

•Screen accurate cloth insignia sewn onto upper right arm of jacket
•Insignia is white cloth with black grid of 9 squares- no outside border
•Squares arranged in three columns of three, left to right:
-3 red rectangles
-2 grey rectangles and 1 blue or green rectangle
-2 crosshairs design rectangles and 1 grey rectangle

OPTIONAL

• Top-stitching on sleeve seams
• Top-stitching on collar
• Red, or Blue piping on top pocket flaps coordinating with the color of the metal rank bade pips/circles

• Fleet trooper helmet (worn with the PLCE belt mentioned below)
-Oversized white domed helmet made of a hard material such as ABS plastic.
-Chin strap with a padded chin cup
-Tail-like extension piece on the back attached at the top of the head; extension continues the line of helmet ending approximately 4"-6" below the bottom of the helmet base.
-Dark visor
-Rectangular comm box with antennae on left side

• Tan/Khaki/Coyote brown colored web belt with roll-pin buckle (worn with Fleet Trooper helmet above)
-Worn over the top of the jacket at the waist
-A British PLCE roll pin belt, which is worn inside out, is the most
accurate belt.
-The belt contains 5 (five) vertical loops for mini-flares on both sides.

2. PANTS:

REQUIRED:

•Pants are khaki, coyote, or chocolate brown colored and made of a bottom weight cotton, poly cotton blend, or similar fabric
•Utility trousers similar in style to military BDUs
•Two cargo-style pockets with a top flap along the outside of each leg, any closures are hidden
•Pants are worn tucked into the boots at the ankle

OPTIONAL:

•Pants may have rectangular padding approximately 6" by 4" added to the knees- proportional to the wearer

3. Shirt:

REQUIRED:

•Tan, beige or middle brown shirt made of topweight natural fabric such as a broadcloth
•Collar ending in two points
•Front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides
•Long, plain sleeves without cuffs
•Closures are hidden
•Worn tucked into the pants

OPTIONAL:

•Two rows of stitching around bib edges
•Stitching on sides of bib continue to the bottom of the shirt
•Back yoke

4. Belt and Buckle:

REQUIRED:
•Dark tan to dark brown leather or leather-like belt
•Belt is approximately 2” wide (6 cm)
•Octagonal silver buckle approximately 2”-2.5" wide by 4” long (approximately 6-6.5 cm wide by 10.5 cm long)
•May be worn on the pants or over Jacket Option B at the waist

5. Boots:

REQUIRED:
•Ankle high boot in brown or black leather or leather-like material
•No visible laces
•Anklet-style cuffs that match boot color

OPTIONAL:
•2 silver signal flares held in the ankle cuff

6. Rank Badge:

REQUIRED:

•Silver metal square or with a metallic appearance
•Red or blue circles arranged in a pattern consistent with the rank of captain or higher, circles may be colored hollows or raised pips
•Worn on the right side of the jacket, just above the breast pocket.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empathy thank you very much for the description of the Draven-style jacket. Kristina, I think you did a great job completing the description of the jacket.

I found a small mistake in the belt and belt buckle measurements. You wrote:

4. Belt and Buckle:

REQUIRED:
•Octagonal silver buckle approximately 2”-2.5" wide by 4” long (approximately 6-6.5 cm wide by 10.5 cm long)

1 inch is 2.54 cm. So 2 inches are 5.08 cm and not 6 cm. It should say:

4. Belt and Buckle:

REQUIRED:
•Belt is approximately 2” wide (5.08 cm)
•Octagonal silver buckle approximately 2”-2.5" wide by 4” long (approximately 5.08-6.35 cm wide by 10.16 cm long)

I think we should also permit belt buckles that are slightly larger such as my octagonal RFT belt buckle. It is 7.3 cm (2.87 inches) wide and 11.6 cm (4.57 inches) long. I do not think that it would look too large when I compare it to my rectangle RFT belt buckle. I will try to take a picture of me wearing my signals intelligence technician with my octagonal RFT belt buckle tomorrow.
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristina is great at turning my rambling into sense Smile. I think its looking really good.

I mean the zip casing/ plaquet/ buttonless button stand.......like the bit the zip sits in up the center front of the jacket, I just had mental block about what to call it.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PArmstr wrote:
Empathy thank you very much for the description of the Draven-style jacket. Kristina, I think you did a great job completing the description of the jacket.

I found a small mistake in the belt and belt buckle measurements. You wrote:

4. Belt and Buckle:

REQUIRED:

1 inch is 2.54 cm. So 2 inches are 5.08 cm and not 6 cm. It should say:

4. Belt and Buckle:

REQUIRED:
•Belt is approximately 2” wide (5.08 cm)
•Octagonal silver buckle approximately 2”-2.5" wide by 4” long (approximately 5.08-6.35 cm wide by 10.16 cm long)

I think we should also permit belt buckles that are slightly larger such as my octagonal RFT belt buckle. It is 7.3 cm (2.87 inches) wide and 11.6 cm (4.57 inches) long. I do not think that it would look too large when I compare it to my rectangle RFT belt buckle. I will try to take a picture of me wearing my signals intelligence technician with my octagonal RFT belt buckle tomorrow.

I've seen a picture on one of your build threads of your belt I believe, and it looks very nice -so I think we are probably good expanding the measurements.

The cm/in conversion is off slightly because I was trying to keep the measurements no more specific than to 1/2 cm or 1/2 inch. Is it muddying the waters? Should we stick to one set of units?
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're including the duster as an optional item, the oval belt buckle should be an option as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development -> RL GSC New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: