Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d143fee9d875e3e67bb5199f9b7e7b9bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A-300/280 show off/build (Picture spam!!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Weapons of RAID
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arnie_DK ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: A-300/280 show off/build (Picture spam!!) Reply with quote

Hey all. Just wanted to show of my A-300 rifle.

The trigger housing/receiver is from an old G&G Airsoft M4 I had in my closet, from waaaay back. The rest is 3D printed parts from 3DpropsNL: https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/570424172/rebel-sniper-blaster-rifle-a-280-cfe?ref=shop_home_active_54

Have chopped up most of the airsoft Gearbox in the receiver, to make room for a 20mm pipe that comes with the 3D kit, but kept the lower part of the gearbox, so I could keep the trigger and make electronics easy to install.

For now, the electronics are just from the old Hasbro Boba blaster. Want to upgrade to BlastFX at one point...but yeah. Money Wink

But I kept the safety working as well. Just because it was already there and working Wink

Video of safety:
https://i.imgur.com/ggylvjx.mp4

First steps was to completely disassemble the receiver. Remove old paint and then repaint in apropriate colours. Had to do something, while waiting for my printed parts Wink

And all back together again

Filled in the top rail with some bondo/putty as well

Finally the parts arrived and a dry fit was due!

Started out small Wink

Then moved on to larger parts

More dryfitting along the way...

All the parts received a good sanding with 180 grit sand paper.
After that a layer or two of Motip Spray Filler and when that dried some wet sanding with 400 grit.

And ofcourse...dryfitting Wink

Next up. Base coats. First black. Then taped of and silver areas was added.

Electronic guts hanging out!

After basecoats are dry, all is assembled. Used mostly screws in hidden locations, so I can take it apart later, for electronics upgrade Wink
Also attached a sling, after I found a suitible "candidate" at work Wink

Tiny screws added to all the detail "plating" on the rifle

All that was needed was some black and silver weathering more or less, all over... and DONE!
One A-300 Rifle! Very Happy

And here are some close-up details

Hope you enjoyed and maybe found something usefull Smile
I really enjoyed this build. The parts fit perfectly on the M4 receiver and I have hardly done any mods anywhere!

Cheers
BoabiWan (Alan Bell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Awesome mate.
I must see if I can find an old airsoft M4 anywhere. What flashlight, if any did you use in it.
Arnie_DK ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surefire X300 that Eelco offers with the kit Wink
Arie Tov (Christian Ariel Tovar)
Cruz del Sur Base CO
Cruz del Sur Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Great work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Weapons of RAID All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: