Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8986a9655f9db42d5e760b90323c4568Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Spokane Chewie - Going full stilt modification
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyinpiper (Brett malone)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think I could have built the mask for what evil chimp charged. Even has the moving mouth. It’s a win win and frees you up to make the suit and feet!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the online tutorial for the 4 button control sound effects. It was very easy and cheap to put together. My mask has the moving jaw, so I wear a 20W AKER on my chest and can select a sound I want by punching a contact in my left palm. It is hidden by a fir covered glove. Works amazing. Scared the heck out of my mom with it.

[img][/img]
Bacca9 (Jamie "Gingersnap")
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, brother!

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually purchased enough hair for 2 chewies, even started the shirt. Put everything needed for the shirt and pants for sale in the for sale forum.

Had an awesome time breaking in the new chewie last night with trick or treaters. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Stilt mod - Reply with quote

Decided I needed a couple of more inches and was not really happy with the look of my lift mod. I did try stilts first, but did not like how small the footprint was. I purchased some diamond plate, made the footprint I wanted, countersunk some holes and bolted them onto the stilts after removing the rubber foot pads on the bottom of the stilt:

I then used gorilla glue to mount some 1/4" black foam padding on the bottom for traction and cusion.

I removed the feet I made that were mounted on the lifts. They were made out of seat foam, cut and carved into the shape I wanted. Used black plastic spoons for the nails, color was spray painted with light brown matte and a mocha primer. Needed to fill the gaps with extra foam.

I then spray painted the foam with the mocha. I found that heavy duty for sale signs were perfectly rigid and light weight for the shin guards. They were very easy to cut out and mount with gorilla tape (gorilla glue and tape are incredible). The simple mount was nothing more than a couple strips of tape around the front post of the stilt. The tape even formed the bend I needed. Again, not the best looking, but very easy and functional.

Lastly, shot the shin guards with mocha spray paint. Gave me about 3-4 more inches, made the stilts feel way more stable with the larger foot print. I can already almost run in these stilts, very comfortable and stable.

Only issue I am looking for a fix with is some slight creaking in the stilts! I tried wd40. Anyone else find a solution for this? All said and done, I am very happy with this stilt mod.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: