Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=36da4828fc7deee6c8f483e6396701adMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Food Capsules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> TUTORIALS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obea1 (Beatrice)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject: Jedi Food Capsules Reply with quote

This is how I made my capsules! Keep in mind that not all tutorials are acceptable as is, so take this with a grain of salt.

I used pen caps, hot glue, acrylic paint, spray paint and googly eyes. Don't waste the pens, you can put them in a plastic bag so they don't dry out as fast and still use them! If you have a problem with the manufacturer logo showing up through the paint, you could try using a high gloss sealer or layer of acrylic paint before applying the metallic spray paint.

AyaNa Bashu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why googly eyes?
obea1 (Beatrice)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AyaNa Bashu wrote:
Why googly eyes?

Good question;

The capsules are rounded, from what I could tell of other screen accurate caps being sold and suggested online.

So I figured I needed an object that would fit perfectly around the pen cap opening that had one side flat enough to glue. Googly eyes are cheap and fit the description of that object.

If this tutorial isn’t up to standard I’ll take it down without any hard feelings. Cheapness wasn’t the incentive behind using pen caps and googly eyes, but the likeliness of the pen cap to the screen accurate food capsule, albeit the need to add the rounded tip.

Now that I’m looking at them, the rounded tip could be even larger to really match up. I can’t think of an object that would fit the pen cap, although at that point it would be less of a hassle to just purchase a set online.
AyaNa Bashu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks.
Domnu (Christina Maher)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Stadler pens were used in the Prequils for Jedi food capsels Reply with quote

http://officesupplygeek.com/pen-review/staedtler-liquid-point-3mm-pen-review/

They getting hard to find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> TUTORIALS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: