Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=babf47ce1e7380390438ff8c85b37b5bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Barriss saber thoughts and opinins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Barriss saber thoughts and opinins Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I have been doing as much searching as I could, and I would like to know if anyone else has purchased this hilt, and if so your opinion/review

https://thesaberarmory.com/product/kr-x-barriss-ofee-diy-empty-hilt-prequel-saber/

Eventually I plan to submit my application to the Legion, once I have everything ready.. And I noticed that in the guildlines for the costume, other than a metal hilt, it did not specify character accurate hilt. other than blade color. Though options out there for this characters hilt is quite scarce, and not usually discussed from what I could find. So I woild like to open some dialogue on this. As to what is acceptable, and what others have done.
Thanks Smile

Falcon Base BC - 2019 / current
The Wetched Hive group - 2019 / current
Knight of the Jedi Order - 2019 / current
Saber Guild (SG-649) Alderaan Temple BC - 2019 / current
Corran Horn (Kyle Miller)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Barriss saber thoughts and opinins Reply with quote

BC-Barriss wrote:
Hey everyone, I have been doing as much searching as I could, and I would like to know if anyone else has purchased this hilt, and if so your opinion/review

https://thesaberarmory.com/product/kr-x-barriss-ofee-diy-empty-hilt-prequel-saber/

Eventually I plan to submit my application to the Legion, once I have everything ready.. And I noticed that in the guildlines for the costume, other than a metal hilt, it did not specify character accurate hilt. other than blade color. Though options out there for this characters hilt is quite scarce, and not usually discussed from what I could find. So I woild like to open some dialogue on this. As to what is acceptable, and what others have done.
Thanks Smile

That saber is a top quality piece. They currently make the only regularly available version of this hilt and I have personally worked on a number of sabers from the manufacturer. They are very well machined and put together. Definitely worth the price.

The seller is also a prompt shipper and solid with customer service.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Barriss saber thoughts and opinins Reply with quote

BC-Barriss wrote:
Thanks Smile

In part, because of the rarity of a good match available, there isn't specificity in the standard. When my wife (LadyB) made Barriss her father and I custom made one.

It looks like a solid replica.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I ordered one up. This will be my first lightsaber, so it will take some work to build. A bit of a learning curve.

Corran Horn (Kyle Miller)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC-Barriss wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I ordered one up. This will be my first lightsaber, so it will take some work to build. A bit of a learning curve.

If you ever need any help, feel free to drop me a line. Sabers are kind of what I do, so I'd be happy to assist.
BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks.. my hilt should be here in two days Smile

Khal, from The Sabor Armory has been extreamly helpful. Very happy with their service, and speed of their email replies Smile

BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Quick update.. i received my Barriss Hilt today via DHL fromThe Saber Armory. Very impressed with the auality, customer service. Hightly recomend these guys for sure. Now to look at all the components Smile ..

BC-Barriss (Natasha W)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Power up test complete Reply with quote

Well today I completed the wiring of my first saber and powered it up Cool
Still dealing with a few fitment issues with the hilt led bezels. But so very close to completion. Smile rather exciting. Already I am thinking of what I want to do for a second saber. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: