Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c51aae12db726dd914b1f3f2e66612e8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Vice Admiral Holdo WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mo Holdo ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Vice Admiral Holdo WIP Reply with quote

https://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift/share?via=link&token=HTgWfM4p_LCBYECX7A9ygQ/AUS/27948367696070/SNAPFISH

Hi Rebels,

I'm very new to this. I think I have included above a link to a front view and a back view of my Vice Admiral Holdo costume (photo bombed by my Albino Wookie aka Goldendoodle).

Ignore where the bottom of the collar scooched up in the back view.

Are my boots ok?

Anything you think I should change prior to submitting for approval?

I really appreciate your advice!
Thanks,
Mo
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mo! It looks like you have a nice start. Smile Love the floof!

I can tell you put time into this build, and it shows! Love the draping on the back. <3 One thing I do notice is the length of your gown? Is there any wiggle room in the hem? You'll want it to be floor length rather than ankle length. The pictures are also rather small which is making seeing the details a bit difficult, so keep that in mind as well. You'll want to include links to larger images when you submit.

Looking forward to having another Vice-admiral join us!
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Mo Holdo ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady, thanks for your response!

My prior sewing experience is making pajama pants and chair cushions, and I've never tackled a project like this before!

When I modified the pattern I was using, I didn't make the front long enough. Not sure how I managed to get the back the correct length.

I think I have just enough fabric to take the dress apart and make a new front. If I'm very careful.

I shall return! Godspeed, Rebels.

Mo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Sequel Trilogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: