Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=96f718f6730ed1f7e7486e498959dbceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Great to meet you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Falcon Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC-Barriss ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Great to meet you Reply with quote

Hi, I chatted with some of you back at fan expo, I am from Maple Ridge, and i am very interested in eventully being a member. Currently sourcing out what I will need to make my Barriss Offee costume. I think the lightsaber may be the hardest, with so many options, and some saying good source, and others saying no for the same.. so it is a bit confusing. Especially if I want a metal hilt.. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Would be great to meet up sometime and just chat too. Since it was pretty busy at fan expo. Smile
Cheers

Natasha

I don't have all the answers... Like you, I am a learner. What does your Master tell you?
TeaB-8 ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Natasha, I hope you don't mind me tagging along on your thread to say hi to everyone too! I've chatted with the Rebel Legion at the last two FanExpos AND Capital City Comic Con (1950's BB-8 dress) and I'm finally buckling down to get started! Probably starting with a generic Jedi unless I find a great fabric sale more appropriate for something else.

Happy to contribute my mid-level sewing skills and equipment to any upcoming armour parties!

Sarah
BC-Barriss ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sarah, not a problem Smile a good way to get conversation started.

I don't have all the answers... Like you, I am a learner. What does your Master tell you?
pandatrooper ()
Falcon Base XO
Falcon Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to both of you! Glad you found your way here. Smile

Please let us know if you need help navigating, I know it's often intimidating to find info. Here to help!

Terry
BC-Barriss ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mostly been doing reasearch on sabers. Since Barris's saber is not easy to come by. And weeding through all the pages here in the lightsaber section trying to determine what saber company is good to deal with. And looking at DIY sources. I am almost tempted to find a blue force fx and try and modify the hilt. Since i can find locally a black edition in blue, of course wrong metal hilt on it. Lol. A friend will help me with the sewing for the costume. Just sucks that fan expo is early part of 2019, I do not know if I will have it all ready and approved by then. But I can hope.

Where do people post about casual get togethers? Would be nice to meet and chat about sabers and ideas, makeup. Etc. Can only read so much. Smile

pandatrooper ()
Falcon Base XO
Falcon Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love chatting sabers!!

Coffee and donut meets are common. Will try to set one up!
BC-Barriss ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Saber build, parts arriving Reply with quote

Almost have all the components to build My saber Smile, just waiting on the chassis. Anywhere on the coast here to get decent 18650 batteries for the sabers? Before I go online to get one?

pandatrooper ()
Falcon Base XO
Falcon Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Natasha, I have found some at RP Electronics in Burnaby and Battery world on boundary.

What are you using for a chassis?
BC-Barriss ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I still need to goto RP for the resisters I need. But never looked there for batteries.

I have a Goth3D chassis from shapeways in thr mail. But already have, Nano Biscotte V4 sound board, Tri Cree LED with the heat sink for thr chassis, 28mm black bass speaker, TCSS 36" blade, plan on customizing the 10 led bar graph that mounts to the hilt to show battery level. Purple UV accent lights for the buttons.

AllieMac ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I met some nice folks at Fan Expo this year too!

I noticed some wardrobe malfunctions wearing my jyn erso costume for the first time, so I'm hoping to fix those up shortly and join in on the fun!

It was great to meet a few of you all
BC-Barriss ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Alliemac, looking forward to the next fanexpo Smile

BC-Barriss ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I now have fabric for my cosplay.. hopefully it'll be ok. But I did finish my lightsaber at least Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Falcon Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: