Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=351de8d7b2eaab81f27b54b34ebded26Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Rewrite] Mustafar Padme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Standards Development -> RLGS Standard Revisions In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: [Rewrite] Mustafar Padme Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the Mustafar Padme Standards revision thread! The goal here is to rewrite these standards so that they make sense in the new format, to clarify things as needed, find and decide on what pictures we will be using, and get them shipped off the the Costumes Standards Committee!

For simplicity’s sake, I’ve started off only with rewording things at the moment. I have added not photos yet, but please share any you have!

Remember you do not have to be an approved RL member to chime in!
This format is ultimately what we’re shooting for.

Here’s a link to our current standard for this costume: newsite.rebellegion.com/padme-amidalaskywalker-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith-tan-mustafar-outfit/

And here it is reformatted to the new standard, but otherwise unaltered.

Quote:

Sleeveless tunic

• small V-neckline with a tall, round folded collar
  • fitted inverted V empire-waist bodice and a full flared skirt extending to nearly mid-thigh of a sandy taupe or mushroom suede or suede cloth.
  • Small burnished gold Art Nouveau-like floral filigree pin at the center front V-neck point.
  • Costumer should appear pregnant.

Gauntlets

• Long fitted opera length gauntlets that extend to the knuckles
  • Made of the same material as the tunic.
  • On the upper left gauntlet is a Naboo symbol in medium brown. The symbol may be embroidered or finely painted.

Harness

• Cross-shaped harness of narrow belting in dark brown leather or faux leather; the belting crosses both in front and in back.
  • Large triangular burnished gold Art Nouveau-like floral filigree buckle attached to the center of the front harness cross.

Leggings

• Fitted leggings of a beige or tan matte knit fabric with a seam down the center front and center back of each leg (total of four seams).

Boots

• Low-heeled, riding style plain dark brown suede or faux suede boots.
  • Zippers must be hidden.

Hairstyle

• Hair is parted in the center and pulled to the nape of the neck; portions of the hair are coiled into two large buns while the remainder is woven into a long braid tied off with a narrow length of dark brown leather strip.
  • Natural-occurring hair colors only, no bangs.

Some changes are needed to better suit the new format. Here are my suggestions, please chime in with yours or if you disagree with anything I’ve done. I’ve listed anything that was not explicitly mentioned in the standards previously as “optional”.

Quote:

Sleeveless tunic
Required Details

• Fabric is a sandy taupe or mushroom colored suede or suede cloth.
  • Tunic has a small V-neckline with a tall, round folded collar.

• There is a small burnished gold Art Nouveau-like floral filigree pin at the center front V-neck point.
  • Tunic has a fitted inverted V empire-waist bodice. There are four princess seams on the front and back, and a center back seam.
  • Tunic has a full flared skirt extending to nearly mid-thigh.
  • Costumer should appear pregnant.

Optional Details

• The princess seams on the front and back are top-stitched on each side.
  • The armholes have double rows of topstitching.
  • The tunic skirt is lined with a similar color fabric.

Gauntlets
Required Details

• Long fitted opera length gauntlets that extend to the knuckles
  • Made of the same material as the tunic.
  • On the upper left gauntlet is a Naboo symbol in medium brown. The symbol may be embroidered or finely painted.

Optional Details

• n/a

Harness
Required Details

• Cross-shaped harness of narrow belting in dark brown leather or faux leather.
  • The belting crosses both in the front and in back.
  • Large triangular burnished gold Art Nouveau-like floral filigree buckle attached to the center of the front harness cross.

Optional Details

• n/a

Leggings

• Fitted leggings of a cream or beige matte knit fabric
  • There is a seam down the center front and center back of each leg, in addition to the inseam and outer leg seam. (Total of four seams).

Optional Details

• n/a

Boots

• Low-heeled, plain dark brown suede or faux suede knee-high boots.
  • No visible laces or outside zippers. Inside zippers are permitted, and must be concealed or match the color of the boot.

Optional Details

• n/a

Hairstyle

• Hair is parted in the center and pulled to the nape of the neck.
  • Portions of the hair are coiled into two large buns while the remainder is woven into a long braid tied off with a narrow length of dark brown leather strip.
  • Natural-occurring hair colors only brown preferred, no bangs.
  • If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like natural hair.

Optional Details

• n/a

Proud to be part of Kessel Base - Starblossom Delegation Leader - RLGS council member

WIP: Hera Syndulla & Jarael
Future: X-Wing Pilot | Mission Vao v2 | Way too many Padmé costumes

deviantArt | facebook

Last edited by Darth Sunshine (Andrea) on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:12 am; edited 3 times in total
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting this together. We do have some photos assembled here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95099 and here: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=padme-amidala-revenge-of-the-sith-mustafar if anyone wants to take a stab at matching photos to pieces of the standard.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to disagree with putting the top stitching on the tunic in optional; you can't get those seams to look good or right without it. You really need those top stitches on it.

I'd also say to remove the word 'tan' as a color descriptor for the leggings; tan is a far too dark and yellow a color for them. Cream, ivory, beige would be good descriptors instead.

And the boots are not riding boots, so again I would remove that wording. They are simply tall rough leather, suede-look, or suede boots.
Riding boots have a different cut and describing all tall boots as riding boots is a bad habit in the RL. Time to weed it.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
coffeewithbourbon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I‘ve just finished making this costume and have some difficulties drafting it without knowing the original collar use magnets as closure. I think Magnets (and perhaps snaps) are necessarily to achieve the round founded shape of the collar. Should it be in the standard to avoid further confusion in construction?

[img]https://www.douban.com/photos/photo/2529079974/[/img]
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can also share this link to member build threads in the final version: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1028506#1028506

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
I'll have to disagree with putting the top stitching on the tunic in optional; you can't get those seams to look good or right without it. You really need those top stitches on it.

I also think it should be a required item, especially since it's also a pretty visible detail.

Lora Skywalker wrote:
I'd also say to remove the word 'tan' as a color descriptor for the leggings; tan is a far too dark and yellow a color for them. Cream, ivory, beige would be good descriptors instead.

Agreed.

Lora Skywalker wrote:
And the boots are not riding boots, so again I would remove that wording. They are simply tall rough leather, suede-look, or suede boots.
Riding boots have a different cut and describing all tall boots as riding boots is a bad habit in the RL. Time to weed it.

Good idea, I'll reword that this weekend.

coffeewithbourbon wrote:
I‘ve just finished making this costume and have some difficulties drafting it without knowing the original collar use magnets as closure. I think Magnets (and perhaps snaps) are necessarily to achieve the round founded shape of the collar. Should it be in the standard to avoid further confusion in construction?

[img]https://www.douban.com/photos/photo/2529079974/[/img]

That's something that should definitely be included in the resources section, and maybe an example of a member costume showing how it attaches along with the other photo references.

Proud to be part of Kessel Base - Starblossom Delegation Leader - RLGS council member

deviantArt | facebook
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give permission to use one of my photos of magnets on collar, if need be. Smile

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm not seeing it but shouldn't it have "Costumer must appear pregnant" somewhere in the standard?

In progress/planning: Hoth Leia, ERT, Jedi, Clone Wars Padme Amidala
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaAurora wrote:
Maybe I'm not seeing it but shouldn't it have "Costumer must appear pregnant" somewhere in the standard?

It absolutely should. Looks like I accidentally deleted when I was reformatting it. Thanks for catching that!

deviantArt | facebook
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to the boots, I'm going to go on the side of if it is matches close enough but has zippers, we look at accepting them. It took me 7 months of searching before I lucked out on a pair of used boots on Poshmark. I know this is also an area where other members/potential members have struggled. Maybe concealed zipper in some way can be allowed?

In progress/planning: Hoth Leia, ERT, Jedi, Clone Wars Padme Amidala
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah. The usual 'inside zippers allowed' should be added. Smile As long as they match in color or are covered zippers are fine by me.

Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a lot of people struggle with that too. Zippers are permitted per the current standard, but I've updated
Quote:
Zippers must be hidden.
to
Quote:
No visible laces or outside zippers. Inside zippers are permitted, and must be concealed or match the color of the boot.

to have the same wording as the Arena Padme standard draft right now.

deviantArt | facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Standards Development -> RLGS Standard Revisions In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: