Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ce675012e333b683bf1333b8a366929eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jyn Erso || Eadu WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
instarlight (Anya)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Jyn Erso || Eadu WIP Reply with quote

Hello, here is my Eadu build. A while ago, a few of the Stardust Sisters, myself included, all got Eadu fever and started building our own conchos. I've put off finally finishing this project, it got buried in my pile of things to do and fell low on the list of priorities. However I just reasoned how to have a full bandolier, to match the toy reference that one of my Stardust Sisters was kind enough to send me, but hide the remainder of it hidden and tuck under the concho. It's very similar to the way that Leia's belt does under her Endor poncho, which I' m not sure why it took me forever to figure out but here we are. Motivated and ready to finish!

From top to bottom, here is the cap.

I wanted to draft then make the cap myself, because I am partial to making odd space hats, and I inherited my dad's big head. I believe that the hat was mentioned to be either a Russian cap or a German cap, but I really can't remember at this point or find the discussion about it.

The cap is made of canvas from my fabric stash, batting, and Buckram. It has a fun boxy little shape. The top is quilted, rather then pleated like the Endor soft caps, because it looked closer. Luckily, the hat and goggles were on display at Launch Bay as the lighting isn't the best during the Eadu scenes. It may or may not be brown, the photos differ and since I did not see it myself, I'm not sure what color it is supposed to be, however on film it looks olive so that's the color I went with.

Her goggles were identified as vintage Cebe 15 model, mine are vintage Targas, here they are without any modifications on the hat as part of the first fit check. Finding the correct model proved to be a needle in a haystack, these are very close in size and shape. The only difference is the width of the lens itself, they came unopened in the original box, with two replacement lens.

Hat when worn. Cardboard is left on the lens to drybrush and not get the lens dirty.

Once the hat was finalized, I matched the color and fixed it.

To match the goggles to the Launch Bay ones, I swapped out the striped elastic for an attempt at "olive" elastic then cut two tabs of left over dark brown leather, from the gloves modification, as the tabs on the goggles. I tinted the lens with Rustolem lens tint, it took a couple of coats, and then weathered with dry brushing. Greeblie was purchased online from a European maker.

Concho is next post.
AgnesAUT ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad this is coming to life (again)!
Thank you for sharing!
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hat looks AMAZING!!! I can't wait for your concho write-up -- I've been staring at my mockup fabric for a couple of weeks now...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE job! Looks great!

In progress/planning: Hoth Leia, ERT, Jedi, Clone Wars Padme Amidala
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: