Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d6040e7069b1444649fe0ff3bcc816ffMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Ahsoka Thread tutorial season 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainNightfall ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: New Ahsoka Thread tutorial season 3 Reply with quote

This thread will be only used for my official Ahsoka cosplay for RL, if someone else can delete the other ones i had made. That would be amazing.
The other ones i have on this forum is called " by Captain Nightfall 2.0 or 3.0 " you can delete the other one's, i will be using this thread as the official tutorial since i have gotten much better for my ahsoka cosplay over the past year. I have updated my cosplay alot over the course of time since my last thread was made. I have bought seude in the color whine at My local joanns, they didn't have any other colors.
I do have a lekku in the process in the making from @kim_is_possible
For my season 3 ahsoka lekku, but i do plan on buying @nonbinate lekku painted and everything once i have all the money for it. I still have to make the gloves, or buy them, i made the boot covers need to sew on the chaps and finish the detials on the boot covers, the armbands, and the braces and make or buy the gloves as i said before. I am buying the boots from online since i cant find them in stores if someone can link me to a adorable pair for aahsoka season 3 boots. That would be wonderful and link me to where i can purchase aporoval gloves and boots. Thanks in advance Smile
CaptainNightfall ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at the difference sashes that Ahsoka has throughout the years from s1 - S3-5 to the disney theme park. I'm not sure how to tackle the sash and the belt just yet, i know i want to remake the sash for sure, i read the new guidelines for ahsoka RL approval. I know i saw some people say not to go the disney route for Ahsoka season 3 look, for the dress, i had bought 2 yards of SUEDE in the color wine.
But this post is focused on the sash details and how to come about it. I do have left over leather and such and the correct color to make the sash out of that , but, i would have to make the tools for the details to add texture to the leather sash. Right now, mine is covered with carft foam over with pale pink fabric and of course the details on the front.
Feedback and thoughts would be awesome.
I also had been following others approval ahsokas on here and on Instagram.

CaptainNightfall ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ince i bought new fabric, i bought full knitted fabric for ahsoka season 1 and season 2 outfit since they are made out of the same materialism. If replies could be commented please comment on what i need to do, i have to mix the correct colors for the fabric color dye to match the reference. I have to make dye swatches for my fabric for the color of her season 1 and her season 2 outfit that she has. I also bought a material for the tube top and mini skirt to cup around my body better so it doesn't slip off easily at all. I bought 3 and a half yards of the white knitted fabric.
CaptainNightfall ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For ahsoka cosplay and possibly to have it be approved by rebel legion (hopefully my ahsoka will be approved by RL) for the dress, my local joanns even looked at the list of the listed fabric on the website, I have chosen this fabric here, its part spandex and polyester fabric in the color burgundy. It may not look like it in the photo,but in person, its the color burgundy. I also too plan on making her season 1 outfit look, i already have the same fabric purchased for it, both from the same fabric. But this thread is focused on the season 3 look that she has in the clone wars, i have ordered 3 yards for both outfits, according to the employees that worked at the joanns , that was the only fabric that was similar that is listed on the website.

Have to correct myself, its a solid knit spandex 5% and polyester 95% mix.
But for the pattern, i have not made one yet as i am still studying the shape of the dress itself, as i am hoping when i cut it out it will be the same as seen in the show. The saber is already completed and finished.
Sorry that its so tiny, so im giving the link in full size just in case to make it seen better, i recommend seeing it on some sort of touch screen device in able to zoom in on it to get a better look. It is in the color burgundy in real life.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4824/31693031457_21d53dbc9d_s.jpg

As for her boots that she has in the show, since they dont have any seems and the one in the disney theme park , i will be using foam , either 4mm or 6mm foam for the boots and the gauntlets as for the paint i will be using the color burgundy. I took note that i may have to use latex if i were to have them in parts by attaching all of them together, the piece's. I followed a few other people's tutorials on here when it came to building the boot covers and the gauntlet.
Any feed back would be great. Thanks 💙
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: