Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=07dab9816f775a641b821973eba14646Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TFA Boots for Larger Feet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randallsbrooks ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: TFA Boots for Larger Feet Reply with quote

Hi,

I am having difficulty tracking this down.
The best I can find is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HKM-Thermo-Stable-Boots-Hamilton/153175516621?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908131621%26meid%3Dc3fb0f4b917a4aab83d716c2fc9fb642%26pid%3D100678%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D153175516621%26itm%3D153175516621&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607&_trkparms=pageci%3A699f30d7-0fad-11e9-a745-74dbd18032e8%7Cparentrq%3A15ffbeee1680abc2f816afc1ffeaa6ea%7Ciid%3A1

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183250719523?ul_noapp=true

These go up to EUR 46 but I am looking for 47 or 48 / US Mens 13 ish.

Has anyone found a good source for TFA Pilot boots to accommodate?

Thanks,
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the boot uppers are covered by your pants, within reason (neon need not apply), the important part to match is the rubber pattern for the bottom part. There are LOTS of companies on Amazon (and eBay) that sell various boots with similar rubber patterns on the foot part.

I used these, which go up to size 14 normally. They don't have the larger sizes in stock at the moment, but the point I'm illustrating is that the rubber foot part is available widely, in many brands and many sizes, and you're not restricted to the actual HKM brand boots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019HTQH88/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointer. Ill try their 12 which seems to be on an identical other posting. My query was that I found the bottom pattern but non that were my size.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option are the boot covers that Snap Wexley and Nien Numb wear in the movie. Those are perfectly fine for generic pilots and they might be easier to find in different sizes. Plus you can just wear whatever you want, whatever is comfortable, and then you just have the boot covers over them. I have a pair myself, though admittedly I have a Wexley costume. Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Costume Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Redwillow ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on using the boot covers.
You can get them at tractor supply and personally I think they look awesome.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/servus-mens-supersize-5-buckle-rubber-overboot
randallsbrooks ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these need modified for approval?
And they slip over boots or shoes?
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only modification the over boots need is a strip of black fabric or rubber (I used a piece of rubber from a bicycle inner tire tube) that goes down the front to cover the buckles. That's it.

The strip should have slits cut along the side edges of it for the buckles to slip through, but that's pretty easy.

They'll go over shoes or boots. They're made to go over boots but you can wear shoes as well. You can wear anything in them, really, whatever is most comfortable, because they're not seen once you put on the over boots, anyway.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Costume Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: